Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Alignment over 5 years 8 months ago #150544

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Should never have been in existence in the first place. Members have never been asked what they think and that has been the biggest issue.
EP can not possibly expect any help from the other WAFL clubs after this cash grab

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by astro.

Alignment over 5 years 8 months ago #150545

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

astro wrote: Should never have been in existence in the first place. Members have never been asked what they think and that has been the biggest issue.
EP can not possibly expect any help from the other WAFL clubs after this cash grab

Still bitter to the end! I don't think we are asking for anything just a chance to be EP and rebuild what was lost in this misadventure, but you have a happy day!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Alignment over 5 years 8 months ago #150568

• One Eyed Royal
  • Thank you received: 5
Being a loyal royal I never agreed with the alignment and am more than happy that we have pulled out. I couldn't give a flying fk if we run last for the next 10 years as long as we get our team and club back. No teams should have to go through the sh!t we (the club) have been through since the inception of the alignment. Trust me, the alignment has not been pretty and definitely not a harmonious relationship between the 2 clubs. When the host club is told who to play, where to play and how long to play them for...there can only be growing angst.

The alignment has driven, players, members, volunteers, supporters and possibly sponsors away. I cant speak for Peel and Fremantle maybe they are happy.

Let West Coast have their own standalone team they will not be strong as has been shown in the last couple of years. They play kids that are just out of nappies (under 18's comp) and those that have had AFL experience playing in the WAFL have no way set the competition alight.

Go to a 10 team comp, let them recruit from the country leagues and ammo's (nationally) let them recruit ex AFL players (they're ex players because they are too old or no good)....let the current WAFL reserve and colts teams have the week off when they play the West Coast league team. Gets rid of the bye and hopefully would also fix the fixturing so that you don't end up playing the same team twice in the space of 4 weeks or so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShinyDuck, ArkRoyal

Alignment over 5 years 8 months ago #150569

• MightyRoyals
  • Thank you received: 8
Wonderful news. Congratulations to the board on making this call, quite surprising given recent rhetoric and doubts as to whether they were capable of taking such action after long periods of stagnation on the issue. But it’s the right call at any time and the timing’s irrelevant, entering into the partnership was always a bad football decision.

Even more interesting times for team selection for the rest of this season. Let’s hope the separation occurs asap, as lingering is not going to be healthy for the rest of this season or beyond.

Alignment over 5 years 8 months ago #150570

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Good post OER. Having the colts and reserves having the bye when they play definitely makes the fixtures easier.

Alignment over 5 years 8 months ago #150578

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

MightyRoyals wrote: Wonderful news. Congratulations to the board on making this call, quite surprising given recent rhetoric and doubts as to whether they were capable of taking such action after long periods of stagnation on the issue. But it’s the right call at any time and the timing’s irrelevant, entering into the partnership was always a bad football decision.

Even more interesting times for team selection for the rest of this season. Let’s hope the separation occurs asap, as lingering is not going to be healthy for the rest of this season or beyond.

I supect some of the first year rookies may not be seen.England,Ololngo,burrows in the league and a few on the delist list may play reserves.

Alignment over 5 years 8 months ago #150583

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

chaddy22 wrote:

MightyRoyals wrote: Wonderful news. Congratulations to the board on making this call, quite surprising given recent rhetoric and doubts as to whether they were capable of taking such action after long periods of stagnation on the issue. But it’s the right call at any time and the timing’s irrelevant, entering into the partnership was always a bad football decision.

I supect some of the first year rookies may not be seen.England,Ololngo,burrows in the league and a few on the delist list may play reserves.

Chaddy I would like them to leave all the WCE players in the league and leave the ressies to EP players, bit unfair to other teams perhaps but it means they play to gether without muppets like england and others interferring with the development. There are fringe ressies players we could play in the exhibition games so they get game time and a chance to show what they can do!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Alignment over 5 years 8 months ago #150588

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
The alignment issue is over only at East Perth - well for now anyway , we haven't heard the last of this one by a long shot
On the Royals front , it's a good thing Piggy Howson bought a major share in Audi Perth earlier this year so the car dollars renew themselves once more

Alignment over 5 years 8 months ago #150594

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

One Eyed Royal wrote: Being a loyal royal I never agreed with the alignment and am more than happy that we have pulled out. I couldn't give a flying fk if we run last for the next 10 years as long as we get our team and club back. No teams should have to go through the sh!t we (the club) have been through since the inception of the alignment. Trust me, the alignment has not been pretty and definitely not a harmonious relationship between the 2 clubs. When the host club is told who to play, where to play and how long to play them for...there can only be growing angst.

The alignment has driven, players, members, volunteers, supporters and possibly sponsors away. I cant speak for Peel and Fremantle maybe they are happy.

Let West Coast have their own standalone team they will not be strong as has been shown in the last couple of years. They play kids that are just out of nappies (under 18's comp) and those that have had AFL experience playing in the WAFL have no way set the competition alight.

Go to a 10 team comp, let them recruit from the country leagues and ammo's (nationally) let them recruit ex AFL players (they're ex players because they are too old or no good)....let the current WAFL reserve and colts teams have the week off when they play the West Coast league team. Gets rid of the bye and hopefully would also fix the fixturing so that you don't end up playing the same team twice in the space of 4 weeks or so.

I have hightlighted one of the reasons I am against a 10th team.

Alignment over 5 years 8 months ago #150595

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Mr AFL wrote: Good post OER. Having the colts and reserves having the bye when they play definitely makes the fixtures easier.

Each weekend's colts' games will be played at one venue next year. The reserves will play around 9am Saturday mornings next year as an interim to the scrapping of the reserves competition in 2020.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 365 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes