Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

the AGM. - No moderation for a week 6 years 1 month ago #141876

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
yep...it's a sad situation to see a once proud club that produced names like Atwell, Farmer, Kilmurray, Mick Cronin, McAullay, Mal Brown, Spencer, Chadwick be reduced to a shell of its former self because of the power of the AFL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by BC.

the AGM. - No moderation for a week 6 years 1 month ago #141881

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Just another nail in the coffin of the WAFL. It is really hard to get excited about a competition that is already hopelessly inequitable and lacking in any credibility. The only thing I am looking forward to is seeing the black ducks running around again on Saturday afternoon although I know that they will be on a hiding to nothing most weeks.

the AGM. - No moderation for a week 6 years 1 month ago #141884

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256

MarkOlsen wrote: I cant believe that a group hasn't tried to roll the board at the AGM, its not East Perth anymore.

Being a 50-year-long Royals supporter, MO, I'd love it if an anti-alignment group was established and would give such a group my unequivocal support.
People might say: "Well, Arch, if that's the case, don't just say, do. Why don't you get a group going yourself?"
Time and cash shortages aside, I wish it was so simple.
The harsh reality is that any such group would need to be very organised and have contacts in the business and legal worlds - contacts that I certainly don't have - because unfortunately that's what this whole Groundhog Day saga has become.
I can only hope that some of the corporate, anti-alignment Royal types are talking as I type.

the AGM. - No moderation for a week 6 years 1 month ago #141885

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
yep...it must be tough for your die hard Royals supporter who's been supporting the club for years. Peel on the other hand have no tradition, values or history so for them it's fantastic but I can understand the emotion from the likes of yourself Archie and Grump et al.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archie Duda Goal Machine

the AGM. - No moderation for a week 6 years 1 month ago #141886

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
yes, understandable Archie - its not easy to get something off the ground and to have the same president since 1999 is also not healthy for the club.
best of luck to your colts and local players that are still there and if they dont want to play there can always come up the road to Basso to a real WAFL club.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archie Duda Goal Machine

the AGM. - No moderation for a week 6 years 1 month ago #141888

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
Thanks, BC and Mark, I think the key in any coup is for it be organised, have people knowing their roles, and have business/legal contacts already set up.
Like supporters of all WAFL clubs - and we have far more in common that not irrespective of which club we follow - the East Perth supporters are an eclectic, diverse bunch with their own unique talents.
However, there aren't that many corporate types (outside the existing board) that I know of.
A worrying thing for the long-term viability of the WAFL is that I'm 58 but felt "young" at yesterday's AGM!
Getting younger supporters, outside friends and relatives of players, to attend games must be a priority for the WAFL and its constituent clubs.

the AGM. - No moderation for a week 6 years 1 month ago #141890

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Alignment staying till 2021 and new facility on the way at Leederville.

www.perthnow.com.au/sport/west-coast-eag...t-2021-ng-b88734365z

the AGM. - No moderation for a week 6 years 1 month ago #141891

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I could be wrong Archie but to achieve something like the result you're talking about there would need to be some pretty heavy hitters at the club prepared to challenge the hierarchy. I'm thinking a few current board members or big time sponsors or club legends and the like. They would need to be supported by a ground swell of members and supporters but think it would be impossible to get some traction with just a posse of disgruntled supporters.....I guess it has to start somewhere but as you say, it would need to be organised, decisive and targeted.....just my opinion so could be wrong.

the AGM. - No moderation for a week 6 years 1 month ago #141892

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Didn't Tom Percy make some anti alignment statements last year? He could be a good central point for any campaign.

the AGM. - No moderation for a week 6 years 1 month ago #141893

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836

Bazza wrote: Alignment staying till 2021 and new facility on the way at Leederville.

www.perthnow.com.au/sport/west-coast-eag...t-2021-ng-b88734365z

Interesting to read in that article that Bronte pushed the financial uncertainty of the WAFL bigtime so as to scare the members into supporting the alignment extension. Whats wrong with fighting the good fight and making sacrifices. Only have to look at Swans, and I'm no fan of that mob, but credit where credit is due, they were facing extintion, a financial basket case, but they are turning it around even in economic hard times, doing the hard yards that the EP board seem not prepared to do and Swans weren't starting their financial fightback with $1.2 mill in the bank and no debt. The EP board are a gutless bunch who seem to always look for the soft option.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 352 guests and 2 members online

• Time For a Flag
  • Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma