Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Key forwards 1975-1985 6 years 2 months ago #141345

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Southerner wrote: In #8 Duda and #29 Arnold East Perth had two almost polar opposite players in style & traits up forward - Duda was the archetype lead up full-forward who thrived on lace out direct quick passing - Arnold was the tall big bodied full-forward who thrived in a marking contest deep in the forward line
Ironically it was Arnold who was slower and usually got monstered by a pack if the ball movement was slowed down further up the field
And as Beasley Hutton said - both ended up out the door soon after - South Fremantle chased Arnold's release hard in the pre-season of 1980 particularly

Probably as a direct replacement for Ray Bauskis who retired that year Southy.
From memory I think Norm Uncle the ex Claremont Full Forward had a stint at SF around then too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Key forwards 1975-1985 6 years 2 months ago #141346

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194
Absolutely mate - and it was borne out of Paul Arnold's then record 9.1 performance against South Fremantle in the 1978 Preminary Final ,that match was the finest & most powerful WANFL performance of his career as things eventually panned out in history.
I don't think Malcolm could forget that and even more so when the first inklings trickled out that Arnie wasn't going to remain at East Perth under coach Cable
Norm Uncle I think came over first having played under Browny at Claremont a few years earlier

Key forwards 1975-1985 6 years 2 months ago #141393

• ArkRoyal
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
AD: I think that is a very point about the 1960-71 era in regards uner-achievement, had you won all of those you would have been within touching distance of EF by 1978. Having said that, I have always let the off a bit because Peth had Cable. Did he win all the Simpson medals awarded in those grand finals?

Key forwards 1975-1985 6 years 2 months ago #141399

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
I would go with Arnold over Duda If had to choose
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Key forwards 1975-1985 6 years 2 months ago #141402

• ArkRoyal
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
DG -- Are you re-calling his days with the Lions? He did kick 5.0 against Perth in round 2, 1980, in a game the Demons won by a hundred points.

Key forwards 1975-1985 6 years 2 months ago #141406

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Five goals more than what ex SD forward Mark Olsen kicked for EF in the thrashing SD gave EF back in 1980.....no doubt that was a 100 pt one as well....LOL.

Did ex EP tall John Nolan ever suit up for EF?....seem to remember he did for some reason.

Key forwards 1975-1985 6 years 2 months ago #141409

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Freezin wrote: Five goals more than what ex SD forward Mark Olsen kicked for EF in the thrashing SD gave EF back in 1980.....no doubt that was a 100 pt one as well....LOL.

Did ex EP tall John Nolan ever suit up for EF?....seem to remember he did for some reason.

I did mention him moving from EP to EF earlier in the thread Freeze...good to see you take notice mate! ;)

He played 27 games and kicked 23 goals for EF from 1983-1986.
Also played 50 games and kicked 64 goals for EP from 1979 to 1983.

Key forwards 1975-1985 6 years 2 months ago #141413

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Freezin wrote: Five goals more than what ex SD forward Mark Olsen kicked for EF in the thrashing SD gave EF back in 1980.....no doubt that was a 100 pt one as well....LOL.

I did mention him moving from EP to EF earlier in the thread Freeze...good to see you take notice mate! ;)

Didn't he come over from North melbourne
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Key forwards 1975-1985 6 years 2 months ago #141415

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Grump wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

I believe he did Grump...probably followed Cable over from Arden St.
A few boys played at EP & NM back in the 70s & 80s-
John Burns, Brad Smith, Richard Michalczyk, Ross Glendinning, Kevin Bryant, Peter Spencer, Barry Cable, John Nolan, Phil Kelly, Richard Dennis, Alex Ishchenko et al. I am pretty sure Grant Campbell signed a Form 4 with NM as well but never made the move over.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Key forwards 1975-1985 6 years 2 months ago #141419

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Grump wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

I believe he did Grump...probably followed Cable over from Arden St.
A few boys played at EP & NM back in the 70s & 80s-
John Burns, Brad Smith, Richard Michalczyk, Ross Glendinning, Kevin Bryant, Peter Spencer, Barry Cable, John Nolan, Phil Kelly, Richard Dennis, Alex Ishchenko et al. I am pretty sure Grant Campbell signed a Form 4 with NM as well but never made the move over

EP & Fitzroy also had a few players that played at both clubs in the 70s & 80s as well-
Ron Alexander, Ian McCulloch, Ian Miller, Neville Taylor, Glenn Robertson, Wayne Duke, Dean Turner, Brett Stephens, John Ironmongrel, David Bain, Marcus Seecamp...may have been the Kevin Murray connection?

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 298 guests and 2 members online

• one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020