Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Jones 6 years 4 months ago #138672

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
I don't agree with hardly anything written.Premiership favourites-NO.Did any of you watch any East perth games last year.Terrible midfield and terrible forward line and only decent ruckman was Jones.Only one of Lycett/Vardy will play at East Perth which means Either Mcinnes plays as a forward/back up ruckman and keeps one more tall forward out.Apart from Liam Ryan no guarentee any of the new recruits will be up to wafl standard this year.Just look at Josh Rotham last year who was serviceable but still finding his way at wafl level at season's end.So is ainsworth,Petriculle,Brayshaw going to improve the midfield dramatically.I doubt it.Not sure even if we will have Venables or if he will line up with the eagles but he hardly played any midfield last year.You would think East Perth would have to improve with Tom Lamb gone but a few pre season injuries and it could be a different story.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jones 6 years 4 months ago #138681

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
There's a big difference in the way the eagles approach the way they use EP compared with the way Freo use Peel, particularly in finals. WC seem to be more in tune with the original purpose of the alignments in that EP are there to ensure their listed players get a run and play in the way that WC want them to, ie a true reserves team. I think thats why we saw some very unexpected losses by EP at times, whereas Freo seem more interested in Peel getting some silverware than having players doing a particular role that suits Freo needs. Well thats how it appears to me.

Jones 6 years 4 months ago #138683

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
You could be right SS but I think the main reason is that Freo didn't play finals this year or last whereas West Coast did. I'm pretty sure if Freo were in the eight we wouldn't have seen the likes of Luke Ryan, big Darcy, Taberner, Griffin Logue, maybe Suban and so on playing WAFL finals as they would have been playing AFL or held over in case of injury...or at least a couple of them anyway. I'm tipping both AFL teams won't play finals in 2018 and we'll more than likely get our first aligned teams WAFL GF....oh joy !!!!

Last edit: by BC.

Jones 6 years 4 months ago #138684

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

BC wrote: I'm tipping both AFL teams won't play finals in 2018 and we'll more than likely get our first aligned teams WAFL GF....oh joy !!!!

As opposed to having Subiaco involved in potentially their 5th consecutive Grand Final and 12th in the last 15 years anyone else competing in a GF would be a joy to the majority of WAFL fans outside of those handful who support Subiaco!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Jones 6 years 4 months ago #138686

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
At least we don't get our coaches, support staff and the hottest young fully professional prospects handed to us for nothing.

Jones 6 years 3 months ago #139419

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43

Beasley Hutton wrote:

BC wrote: I'm tipping both AFL teams won't play finals in 2018 and we'll more than likely get our first aligned teams WAFL GF....oh joy !!!!

As opposed to having Subiaco involved in potentially their 5th consecutive Grand Final and 12th in the last 15 years anyone else competing in a GF would be a joy to the majority of WAFL fans outside of those handful who support Subiaco!

Exactly I will go as long as EP PEE or SUB are not playing.

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 169 guests and 6 members online

• Freezin
  • Demons Forever
  • Dazzler
  • Mossstreetshark83
  • Ti Em

Newest Footy Recruits