Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Wellingham a Royal 6 years 5 months ago #138532

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 925
MO I openly said I haven't been privy to seeing either transfer contract by sight...nor do I work for the WAFC either.....but I am glad you know the full ins and outs of the matter.....quite surprised with your intel and obvious standing you haven't recorrected this issue then.....especially since you have done your homework relating to all this.....

You might be on the money there TN....but surely so are EP reasons for securing Wellingham as well.....two sides to every story I guess....some folk say present one side, other folk present another side....just find it disappointing some folk belittling others views and calling them irrelevant because they differ.....lack of respect come end of the day.....but hey one only needs to see who they support to understand their innate issues....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wellingham a Royal 6 years 5 months ago #138533

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
Its a footy chat forum freezing not a law court
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeh, Dwert

Wellingham a Royal 6 years 5 months ago #138542

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
LOL TOO....considering I don't have a problem with the WAFC "allowing" Wellingham to go to EP and obviously MO et al do....not to sure what you mean about law court mate...just thought MO was seeking some clarification on the logistics of Wellinghams transfer because I like many others were "missing the issue here".....basically come end of the day folk need to suck it up and move on.....

but hey thanks for enlightening me its a footy chat forum TOO .....pretty sure the basis of many of my views during my time here on Oz Footy...its a farking simple game of footy,.....not some miscarriage of in justice as some folk are banging on about with the Wellingham becoming a Royal saga, WAFC bowing to their masters and every other WAFL travesty since the alignment commenced.......LOL

Last edit: by Freezin.

Wellingham a Royal 6 years 5 months ago #138543

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
its a game of footy which is regulated by the WAFC, regulations which you have no idea about so therefore you have to see things simply.
that is your choice so not sure why you are so concerned with others knowing the rules of the competition which you post 10 million things about per year.

Wellingham a Royal 6 years 5 months ago #138546

• Ted Nugent
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 159
I have no intention of getting personal about this, but if we have just have to "suck it up", then nothing will change. Surely no-one can doubt that it is a bad look for the WAFL that a club with the advantages enjoyed by EP can get a player tied to a club with a 20 year record of abject failure. It also highlights one of the many faults in the alignment system: had Wellingham played for Perth this year he may have established a relationship with players and coaches that would give Perth a better chance of him returning. I suspect we will find the same with McInnes at the end of 2018: he will be de-listed, but having played 5 years with EP and having won a F & B, he is likely to want to stay there. Freeze, you can make all the points you always make: it's the player's choice, suck it up, it's Perth's own fault, etc, but it becomes a vicious circle - Perth can't attract players because of our dismal record, but without players we have no chance of improving. Freeze/Anchor, do you have any ideas how to resolve the problem, or do you think there is no problem to resolve; that market forces should take their course?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwert

Wellingham a Royal 6 years 5 months ago #138547

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Ted Nugent wrote: I have no intention of getting personal about this, but if we have just have to "suck it up", then nothing will change. Surely no-one can doubt that it is a bad look for the WAFL that a club with the advantages enjoyed by EP can get a player tied to a club with a 20 year record of abject failure. It also highlights one of the many faults in the alignment system: had Wellingham played for Perth this year he may have established a relationship with players and coaches that would give Perth a better chance of him returning. I suspect we will find the same with McInnes at the end of 2018: he will be de-listed, but having played 5 years with EP and having won a F & B, he is likely to want to stay there. Freeze, you can make all the points you always make: it's the player's choice, suck it up, it's Perth's own fault, etc, but it becomes a vicious circle - Perth can't attract players because of our dismal record, but without players we have no chance of improving. Freeze/Anchor, do you have any ideas how to resolve the problem, or do you think there is no problem to resolve; that market forces should take their course?

Very good post TN , captures the majority of the forum posters thoughts.

Wellingham a Royal 6 years 5 months ago #138549

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
well said TN, it was raised at the time of the alignment starting that Peel and EP would use their link through the delisted players from the AFL clubs to recruit them from their original clubs.
its why the initial recruiting rules were a lot tighter but they get loosened each year and now the recruiting rules for those clubs are all at the discretion of the WAFC.

Wellingham a Royal 6 years 5 months ago #138551

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

MarkOlsen wrote: its a game of footy which is regulated by the WAFC, regulations which you have no idea about so therefore you have to see things simply.
that is your choice so not sure why you are so concerned with others knowing the rules of the competition which you post 10 million things about per year.

MO seeing or believing one side of a discussion is surely to see things "simply"....why do I have to know all the regulations or the regulator to have an intetest in WAFL footy? I don't live in WA but I still follow the comp and have great memories of it as a kid

.....At least I don't belittle folks opinions or views regarding topics where folk may have a differing opinion to mine or others...though as you say, that is your choice to do that and I guess I will just take my advice and suck it up and move on....good on you that you feel knowing the ins and outs of the comps rules/regulations makes you more worthy to pass comment and belittle others simplistic views.....though it must be very frustrating that no matter how much you do know, your ability to change anything in the WAFL is about as good as mine living here so far away....LOL..now that is the killer I reckon.....

Last edit: by Freezin.

Wellingham a Royal 6 years 5 months ago #138552

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I dont worry about things I cant control so you got your theory wrong.
I do like to research things i have an opinion on though.

Wellingham a Royal 6 years 5 months ago #138553

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Ok I'm out of practice and will try again.

I have been following this thread with varying interest for awhile.

The AFL alignment system has never been overly popular in Western Australia regardless of who was aligned with who since the inception of both Fremantle and the weagles.

Should it be all good and fine for Wellingham to sign up to East Perth (who are the second tier WAFL for the weagles) because:
1. that's where he wants to go?
2. its freedom of choice and who is anyone to deny him that right?

I'm actually curious around this when you consider in its totality the advantages received (by virtue of player allocation) that a different and appropriate recruiting rule should not be applied to a WAFL club that has a host club arrangement with an AFL team.

For those who may have seen me post in an earlier life, I'm an East Fremantle supporter fro when they were Old Easts (I was vey young then). I think about how fair/appropriate it would be for the WAFL competition if Peel were to sign up Jonathon Griffiths and Garrick Ibbotson on two year contracts.

What would the WAFL actually look like if Andrew Swallow decided to return to the West and signed a two year deal with either East Perth or Peel?

What? They are suffering from a lack of resources, support and player allocation.

Should a player have choice? Of course, but fair dinkum after the preferential player allocation that these two clubs have shold see a completeley different set of rules apply when it comes to recruitment.

As I stated earlier I'm East Fremantle and if Andrew Swallow returns to WA and plays WAFL I would be disappointed if were not for the Sharks, if he were to return to WA to play in the WAFL and were it for Peel I would call the whole AFL alignment system a disgrace.

Sorry Freeze this is the same as Wellinham going to East Perth, if he was going to Claremont I accept you argument of him going to club of choice but the whole alignment system changes this logic for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 802 guests and 2 members online

• premiership hangover
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog