Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 6 years 8 months ago #131411

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
A learned person told me yesterday that winning was going to be difficult given the high proportion of weagles players in the team, having said that I in no way want to detract from Perth's effort.

It seems that statistically when the team is overloaded with c grade weagles players we lose but when we have a higher proportion of REAL East Perth Players we are more likely to win.

Win lose or draw next week please get rid of the alignment and lets us win on our own merits or lose.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 6 years 8 months ago #131412

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

Grump wrote: A learned person told me yesterday that winning was going to be difficult given the high proportion of weagles players in the team, having said that I in no way want to detract from Perth's effort.

It seems that statistically when the team is overloaded with c grade weagles players we lose but when we have a higher proportion of REAL East Perth Players we are more likely to win.

Win lose or draw next week please get rid of the alignment and lets us win on our own merits or lose.

I fear its too late for the competition mate.

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 6 years 3 months ago #141192

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Very sad because the alignment is looking less likely to be ending at the completion of the Twenty 18 season. :(
Looking more like we've all been all been blatantly lied to all along!!! :(
If my sums are correct, all this rubbish should have been finishing at the end of this season.

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 6 years 3 months ago #141193

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194
Sooner or later the membership will have to dump Porky the Pig & his cronies - otherwise forget any return to tradition it'll be too late if it isn't already

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 6 years 2 months ago #141414

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Southerner wrote: Sooner or later the membership will have to dump Porky the Pig & his cronies - otherwise forget any return to tradition it'll be too late if it isn't already

The heresy I have is that the weagles took their time in the process and due to the agreement between them, the WAFC and EP the alignment will see out the full term and cease in the 2020 season. I don't have any corroboration but trust that the club was happy to ditch it but was stymied by Nesbitt and co. This doesn't excuse the alignment in the first place but as I understand it the club has effectively been ostracised from the selection table and other facets of the game day processes.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 6 years 2 months ago #141425

• one time only
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
Grump, I haven't seen or heard anything as yet to confirm the Club will be aligned in 2019, so the hope is that it will end after the 2018 season.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't we already been told that Nisbett has said that West Coast's first preference was for a "stand-alone" team in the WAFL (see another thread), and that after the 2017 season, he would be talking with Bronte Howson about the alignment, with East Perth being given the final say?

If he did, I hope Tom Percy has had a few well-chosen words in Bronte's ear.

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 6 years 2 months ago #141438

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

one time only wrote: Grump, I haven't seen or heard anything as yet to confirm the Club will be aligned in 2019, so the hope is that it will end after the 2018 season.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't we already been told that Nisbett has said that West Coast's first preference was for a "stand-alone" team in the WAFL (see another thread), and that after the 2017 season, he would be talking with Bronte Howson about the alignment, with East Perth being given the final say?

If he did, I hope Tom Percy has had a few well-chosen words in Bronte's ear.

As I prefaced the comment, it is hearsay or heresy your choice. I had hoped that it would end in 2018 but ...... that is not the comments I have heard, we will all wait til' the AGM to find out for sure!

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 6 years 2 months ago #141439

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
What a pity Tom Percy can not be cloned. Shame there is only one of him.

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 6 years 2 months ago #141442

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194
The biggest obstacle , besides Porky the Pig and his clandestine relationship with senior AFL figures , is the amount & depth of damaged relationships that have been sustained during this whole unsavoury episode.
East Perth footy club has a pretty dangerous charter if the bedrock foundation of control can be overthrown by a hostile board intent on it's own will ahead of anything else

another reason for getting rid of the alignment 6 years 2 months ago #141448

• one time only
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32

Grump wrote: As I prefaced the comment, it is hearsay or heresy your choice. I had hoped that it would end in 2018 but ...... that is not the comments I have heard, we will all wait til' the AGM to find out for sure!

Grump, I'm not so sure we will hear anything at the AGM. Past AGM's have shown that our Board of Directors are not usually very open to Club Members and supporters.

And talk has been heard around the traps that it is possible a decision on the alignment may again be delayed.

Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 557 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020