Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Despite the loss in the colts 7 years 9 months ago #97158

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
We certainly did not give up and stuck to the game plan against the side to beat (with souths) in the Colts comp this year. Our boys did enough but Perth just had that one more thrust into their forward line and won by 3 points.

Dipper played a game where he accepted that as leader he needed to show that quality and he did in spades. For Perth the coaches comments abt Morisey are on the mark but there are always lads who miss being in the 18's or even the team for their club.

Well done to both sides for the manner in which the game was played, hard hits, aggression and a good level of skill but always a hand up after the scrimmages, really impressed at the sportsmanship.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Despite the loss in the colts 7 years 9 months ago #97309

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Grump i read 15 Eagles played in the league Saturday. Beckons the question again-where do next years graduating colts players go if they want to play regular league footy?

Despite the loss in the colts 7 years 9 months ago #97354

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

astro wrote: Grump i read 15 Eagles played in the league Saturday. Beckons the question again-where do next years graduating colts players go if they want to play regular league footy?

Hey Astro did you realise 14 of Perth's players came from beyond the Perth Zone. Where do Perth colts get a game?

Despite the loss in the colts 7 years 9 months ago #97422

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
You never answered my question Chaddy. To answer your question though all Perth players have equal opportunity to play league football, WCEP players dont

Despite the loss in the colts 7 years 9 months ago #97427

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

astro wrote: Grump i read 15 Eagles played in the league Saturday. Beckons the question again-where do next years graduating colts players go if they want to play regular league footy?

and again Astro look at the ressies side and the players debuting over the time since the alignment and it suggests they will stay. Those who have left apart from Thomas Shanahan and perhaps Steven Wityk were all borderline ressies players.

I know that we have lost players but no more than most other clubs and if we had no alignment then the club, in my opinion, would still be following the recruitment processes adopted by a lot of other clubs thus limiting the access to league that we have now.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Despite the loss in the colts 7 years 9 months ago #97428

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

astro wrote: You never answered my question Chaddy. To answer your question though all Perth players have equal opportunity to play league football, WCEP players dont

and so why aren't there more playing league perhaps you should look at the whole picture instead of being narrow minded. I sometimes think that you must be a gynaecologist give the tunnel vision you seem to have!

Despite the loss in the colts 7 years 9 months ago #97434

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
I had the feeling we would lose many good footballers under this alignment Astro. It's true we have lost many Astro,but I'm not convinced we have lost any world beaters. I thought some that left might go ok but it just hasn't happened. Who are the players that have left and improved as footballers?

Last edit: by Larry Bird.

Despite the loss in the colts 7 years 9 months ago #97455

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Keitel,Shannahan, Higgins not to mention the plethora of retirements in season 1 of the alignment

Despite the loss in the colts 7 years 9 months ago #97465

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Keitel I won't even go into spat the dummy when the Eagles told him what he needed to work on to get drafted. Higgins was surplus to requirements and left reluctantly when South payed over the odds to fill a need. Good move on his behalf. Shannahan had as many chances at EP as he had at Claremont is a bit rough but a good ball winner. Who are the players that retired and what are they doing now?

Despite the loss in the colts 7 years 9 months ago #97472

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

astro wrote: Keitel,Shannahan, Higgins not to mention the plethora of retirements in season 1 of the alignment

Plus Clutterbuck, Brookes, Shepheard, McKenzie.
Also interestingly Wityk & Slater despite not cementing a regular spot in our side as yet have both played more League at SD in 1 & 1/2 years then they did in twice that amount of time at EP and with an average 15 or so Eagles running around each week they would have had little to no chance of playing any League if they stayed at WART considering they have to fit in the likes of Wulff, Anderson, Payne, Moss (all when not injured), Johnson, Fraser, Oakley-Nicholls, Blee et al who are on big WAFL $$$$$!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.
  • Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 317 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma