Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #154031

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

BC wrote:

Bazza wrote:

astro wrote: Heard the same last year about WAFC/WCE paying Wiley's wages. Also was told Saturday that the club maybe in the same financial position as WP and the WAFC have been advised.

Yep, WAFC have been emergency subsidising Effc football department for a couple of years now. So financial reporting has not been totally up front.

FMD... it goes from bad to worse. The WAFL really is on life support with WP and EF technically insolvent from the sounds of it, the alignment models making a mockery of the competition, one club dominating over the last 15 years with another not playing finals for god knows how long whilst all the time under the stewardship of the WAFC....what little gem will get thrown up next I wonder?

You never know BC, but things look crook... down at South we are just getting around with hard hats on hoping to survive the fall out, the Fremantle Oval redevelopment seems to have gone AWOL as Brad Pettit and crew have gone invisible on it ever since selling in lead up to the Mayoral Elections.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #154032

• Custodian
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 76
My understanding of the arrangement between EFFC and the Eagles over the time since Wiley’s appointment is that during the week Wiley does some work for West Coast for which they pay. EFFC then pay Wiley for the time he puts in as coach. No insolvency here. You might want to check out why another WAFL club, not West Perth has secured a loan from a bank. Over the past decades EFFC has managed their budget without having to resort to a Save our Club campaign or seek a lifeline from the WAFC or enter into an alignment with a local AFL club to get out of a financial hole like some other clubs.

Last edit: by Custodian.

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #154034

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Custodian wrote: My understanding of the arrangement between EFFC and the Eagles over the time since Wiley’s appointment is that during the week Wiley does some work for West Coast for which they pay. EFFC then pay Wiley for the time he puts in as coach. No insolvency here. You might want to check out why another WAFL club, not West Perth has secured a loan from a bank. Over the past decades EFFC has managed their budget without having to resort to a Save our Club campaign or seek a lifeline from the WAFC or enter into an alignment with a local AFL club to get out of a financial hole like some other clubs.

That sounds a bit more promising. But why can’t the club come clean? I’m sure people would be a little more willing to spend a few more dollars there. That obviously wouldn’t solve the financial problem by any stretch of the imagination, but when you’re broke, a dollar is a dollar. Anyone that knows anything about the WAFL, knows the comp is in deep strife, so EF wouldn’t be letting out any secrets that people don’t already know.
Great to see the cub holding its own. Let’s hope we can continue to do so. Maybe I’m being too simplistic?
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #154036

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
I'm more interested to know which club has taken out a loan. It wouldn't be Subi, EP or Peel. Claremont would probably owe money already to build the new facility but I'd also think it's generating income as there's a public gym and professional services rooms underneath. Perth would be ok now WCE are at Lathlain plus they have some sort of future fund stashed away...that only leaves SF and SD if Custy excludes EF and WP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwert

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #154041

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

BC wrote: I'm more interested to know which club has taken out a loan. It wouldn't be Subi, EP or Peel. Claremont would probably owe money already to build the new facility but I'd also think it's generating income as there's a public gym and professional services rooms underneath. Perth would be ok now WCE are at Lathlain plus they have some sort of future fund stashed away...that only leaves SF and SD if Custy excludes EF and WP.

Over to you Custodian..?

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #154047

• Plus1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
Was Griffen injured on the weekend? If not 3 handballs and 8 hitouts 0 marks. 2 gamer Ajang beat him easily.
Give it away, or coaches should drop him. Done nothing all year and why make him captain, first year the club doesnt know any of the players. Usual shit decision's made by people at the club with no thought for who the players would rather have lead them. In fact drop the whole club back to Ammos.

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #154048

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Bit harsh plus1. Ammos? That would be the ultimate insult that I have heard yet. Sure, we’re going through a shit storm and I have been voicing my displeasure, but there is a is a limit. You might be happy going to smith park on a Sunday morning to watch us play, but that’s not for me. Mate, if you feel that bad, I’m sure BC will send you a Subi membership form.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Last edit: by 58shark.

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #154049

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Kind of thought Griff must of got injured with those stats...Cronan surely will come in v Clarke and DeLaHunty this weekend....big heart Griff but compared to his output the last year or 2 at Peel, perhaps this season was a bridge too far.....Wiley has been reluctant to play 2 rucks.....Usually Griff and then Perham to chop out....at Peel, Griff was one of many talls I guess.

Obviously there will be some enforced personnel culling next season.....some coach enforced and some player self enforced......time will tell who tho.....

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #154050

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250
Pretty sure Griff had some problem occur once again during the match - a common theme this year for him. Cronan was quite good against Swans so and should get another run in the last 2 matches.

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #154051

• Plus1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
The last thing i would want to do 58 is disrespect volunteers or most of the spectator's but they deserve better than the tripe being delivered. Absolute embarrassment to the WAFL at the moment. No use pumpin the chest out crapping on about debutaunts. Most aren't ready to go and they dont want to go on with it.
The fact that a lot of players choosing not to return and play ammos or country instead is a indication of how poorly they regard the whole set up.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 542 guests and one member online

• ruddiger

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977