Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #153971

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Grey Fin wrote: Freezin. Was confirmed last week that the board rejected an appeal by a team of ex east freo coaches and players to step in for the remainder of the season ( 7 weeks ago ) and try to restore some culture and pride in to the team for the remainder of the season. Ex pres Con tripi, Steve Waller, and a team of ex coaches led by LesterSmith, Henson , quill, Lockyer , Gaspar. This was before Wiley resigned, and then when he did, they still rejected the offer and kept him on, which makes you wonder what Wiley has on the board or what the board is fearful of. Sponsorship loss most likely. As for the players you mention, I would disagree. Henson is very skilful , and under Malaxos, was a top player. Perham is being used in the ruck, when at best, he is a half forward. Loesche is the tallest at the club, but they play him full forward. Yes he kicked 2 or 3 a game, but we still get belted. LesterSmith has been out for 18 months, so hard to judge, but think with right coach can offer something. Still one of the best kicks at the club. Jupp was given a leadership role too early, and needs to stop kicking the ball and turning it over. Handball only. I think the problem lies in the top line players. ALL the BIG recruits haven’t fired, plus , eardley, Hampson etc play for themselves . NO Leadership. Yu are right. The CULTURE is no good, so the playing group is no good., on and off the field. They paid over the odds for the best recruits, who only play for the money. I would move them on, or halve there match payments for 12 months and see if they really want to play at the sharks,,,,,,,,!!!! Everyone outside the footy club has had enough. Those inside need to knock down the wall, take off there rose coloured glasses, glue some ears on the side of their heads, and LISTEN

Jesus fn wept! How can the keepers of our club live with themselves? Past players and coaches offer to help and they say no??? Who the fk had Robbie got a photo of??? Some people need to walk and heads need to roll, but of course nothing will happen. FMD.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #153973

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
GF...I hear Loersch isn't great defensively when the ball comes out of EF forward line.....is that an attitude or a mobility issue?....if the latter them is he capable of playing as EF number 1 ruck....if not redrafted, perhaps an uninterrupted preseason could see him take up that role under a new coach.....but who then kicks the goals?....an existing player at the club or a new recruit( if EF can attract any).....which existing player do you have in mind?.....for me getting games into Cronan and Watson next year....both mobile ruckman.....but agree the mids need to be more accountable.....that is where the club needs to recruit perhaps....as well as another key tall....pity Matty Watson left this year.....

Are the off field leadership roles up for review 58?....but like you I am completely flabbergasted that such a decision could and was made.....the logic behind Wiley staying is mind boggling.....surely money is the underlying issue here....surely?

Last edit: by Freezin.

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #153979

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
What do you reckon the attemdace will be at the final derby at moss st?

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #153981

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Bazza wrote: What do you reckon the attemdace will be at the final derby at moss st?

How many players in a football team ???
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #153982

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Grey Fin wrote: Oh, and next time you see them, ask Anthony, Bristol , ELlis etc what they are playing Ammos.? The culture and toxic coaching panel will be the answer. Plus, the footy manager has finally moved on, so the “cloud”is lifting

I was told by a Board Member that I had not met before from an opposition club (Not West Perth) that Wiley was being paid by the WAFC and not EF, is this common knowledge ? I was shocked to hear that.

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #153983

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89

Leedy wrote:

Grey Fin wrote: Oh, and next time you see them, ask Anthony, Bristol , ELlis etc what they are playing Ammos.? The culture and toxic coaching panel will be the answer. Plus, the footy manager has finally moved on, so the “cloud”is lifting

I was told by a Board Member that I had not met before from an opposition club (Not West Perth) that Wiley was being paid by the WAFC and not EF, is this common knowledge ? I was shocked to hear that.

a load of rubbish

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #153984

• Observer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Have also been told that the WAFC/ WCE are paying a percentage of his contract.

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #153986

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

strono wrote:

Leedy wrote:

a load of rubbish

Certainly hope so. Otherwise why the hell would the WAFC be meddling in our affairs?
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #153987

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Probably SF winning margin Bazza...100 odd pts....

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #153988

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
This is certainly starting to explain a lot.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 858 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog