Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #153882

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Don't worry Freez, we will have the boards protection racket posting shortly regarding all that they are doing etc etc
Embarrassment of the highest order today, I have sometimes wondered whether or not a coach should see out a season (what does it do/not do if you replace them before the end of the season), this bloke Wiley should not. Fair dinkum, to himself and everyone who cares about the club just walk away.
The club cannot actually do worse, it can only do better if you just go. For crying out loud just go, how can he actually the awards after the game today? Seriously, how can anyone actually look at each other after yet another woeful, inept performance from a once proud club.
Sorry to upset Perth supporters here but at least East Fremantle won't wallow in woeful mediocrity for 40 years, the WAFC will kick us clean out of the competition long before then. This board has presided over the demise of a once great club, however one of the boards followers bleats there is 20 applicants. One thing they won't bleat about is how they supposedly know that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #153883

• Observer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
You can bet if there is 20 applicants that some will now be looking to pull out of the process after today. A 6 goal beating in the ressies and a complete pantsing in the league, questionable depth other than some Colts who show some promise. Wiley makes the announcement that he is finishing up at seasons end, what a pointless exercise! We are now watching the result of that, nothing to play for and screwing up the club further.

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #153885

• Plus1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
To make matters worse ressies are woefull as well. Gonna need a new coach and a shit load of new players. Very bleak.

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #153890

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote: Don't worry Freez, we will have the boards protection racket posting shortly regarding all that they are doing etc etc
Embarrassment of the highest order today, I have sometimes wondered whether or not a coach should see out a season (what does it do/not do if you replace them before the end of the season), this bloke Wiley should not. Fair dinkum, to himself and everyone who cares about the club just walk away.
The club cannot actually do worse, it can only do better if you just go. For crying out loud just go, how can he actually the awards after the game today? Seriously, how can anyone actually look at each other after yet another woeful, inept performance from a once proud club.
Sorry to upset Perth supporters here but at least East Fremantle won't wallow in woeful mediocrity for 40 years, the WAFC will kick us clean out of the competition long before then. This board has presided over the demise of a once great club, however one of the boards followers bleats there is 20 applicants. One thing they won't bleat about is how they supposedly know that.

Well i was at the game today because i am a follower of the East Fremantle Football Club. Bumped into a few people i know who are at the coal face so to speak and that is what i was told.

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #153896

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

Ti Em wrote:

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote: Don't worry Freez, we will have the boards protection racket posting shortly regarding all that they are doing etc etc

Well i was at the game today because i am a follower of the East Fremantle Football Club. Bumped into a few people i know who are at the coal face so to speak and that is what i was told.

Does that mean they were running water? having a few beers in the bar? talking up why Wiley should continue for the rest of the year?
The only thing that the coal face your referring to knows how to do is to run a protection racket for deadshits, which is precisely why the club is in it's current plight

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #153926

• puppy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
To be honest I didn't attend today's game & although I expected us to lose convincingly today, I had hoped that it would not be this bad. Although we have continued losing the previous few weeks, the losses at least were not massive & we were not getting blown out of the water. Apart from our first season in the competition in 1898 where we only won one game for the season from 16 & ended with a percentage of 51.76%, this is by far the worst season ever for our once proud club. It is absolutely astonishing that our club has fallen so far. To top it off the injury list is terrible. I really hope the players put in some sort of decent competitive effort against Subiaco & SF in the remaining 2 games. The club just appears to going through the motions, which is understandable to a point but still bitterly disappointing. It is hard to sit back & swallow the bitter pills that members & supporters have endured over the past 2 decades. Since 2001 to now we have played finals only 4 times, won 3 wooden spoons & won only 7 of our last 45 matches. I really hope that we appoint a coach like a Haydn Bunton Jr who can communicate & get the best out of the players & get the right support coaches & administrators around him to pull this club back up from the dreggs. Oh well one can only dream.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 58shark, Bazza, ArkRoyal

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #153930

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Agree with you puppy. Dreaming and reminiscing is all we members and supporters have atm. The club and players are offering nothing more.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #153939

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
As fans who aren't in the know or are privy to the clubs coal face, one can only hope people running or playing for this club have all n sundrys best interests at heart.....it is not as though folk can make a living or profit out of the club.......just amazed like Rock and others have said why Wiley was kept on to see out the season?....

A performance like yesterday is only gonna derail any plans for any prospective coach or recruit for next year surely?....the club on and off the field are struggling big time.....folk who I know are reasonably close to the club, state the off field people are all good honest hard working folk who are passionate EF fans......yet some of the decision making has been bewildering to say the least......

As for the playing group, obviously there are clicky groups of players within the team, but surely every squad has them......sounds like a clean out is needed, but where does it begin and with whom? Whilst the youngsters look promising, is it the middle tier guys who haven't stepped up development wise from the latter part of 2018?....is it time to show the door to some of EF regulars who despite playing 100 games haven't been able to improve the clubs off field success.....e.g. Henson, Perham, LesterSmith, Jupp etc who have taken the club and their own performances as far as they can?....On paper EF "looks" capable.....just find it depressing the likes of Anthony, Ellis, Mirco and Bristow have decided to play Ammos, despite being out all season on EF injury list, yet when fit and seeing the clubs lack of depth not wanting to come back to help.....plus others who showed promise like Bennett, Green, Foster, Hooker, Franklin, Conway, Bongnascia etc who left to go travelling but are now back playing ammos...... is the culture that toxic?....and will a new coach be able to address that?

Last edit: by Freezin.

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #153942

• Grey Fin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Freezin. Was confirmed last week that the board rejected an appeal by a team of ex east freo coaches and players to step in for the remainder of the season ( 7 weeks ago ) and try to restore some culture and pride in to the team for the remainder of the season. Ex pres Con tripi, Steve Waller, and a team of ex coaches led by LesterSmith, Henson , quill, Lockyer , Gaspar. This was before Wiley resigned, and then when he did, they still rejected the offer and kept him on, which makes you wonder what Wiley has on the board or what the board is fearful of. Sponsorship loss most likely. As for the players you mention, I would disagree. Henson is very skilful , and under Malaxos, was a top player. Perham is being used in the ruck, when at best, he is a half forward. Loesche is the tallest at the club, but they play him full forward. Yes he kicked 2 or 3 a game, but we still get belted. LesterSmith has been out for 18 months, so hard to judge, but think with right coach can offer something. Still one of the best kicks at the club. Jupp was given a leadership role too early, and needs to stop kicking the ball and turning it over. Handball only. I think the problem lies in the top line players. ALL the BIG recruits haven’t fired, plus , eardley, Hampson etc play for themselves . NO Leadership. Yu are right. The CULTURE is no good, so the playing group is no good., on and off the field. They paid over the odds for the best recruits, who only play for the money. I would move them on, or halve there match payments for 12 months and see if they really want to play at the sharks,,,,,,,,!!!! Everyone outside the footy club has had enough. Those inside need to knock down the wall, take off there rose coloured glasses, glue some ears on the side of their heads, and LISTEN

V EP 5 years 8 months ago #153943

• Grey Fin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Oh, and next time you see them, ask Anthony, Bristol , ELlis etc what they are playing Ammos.? The culture and toxic coaching panel will be the answer. Plus, the footy manager has finally moved on, so the “cloud”is lifting

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 280 guests and one member online

• one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020