Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Best other staters at East Fremantle 6 years 2 months ago #140441

• Custodian
  • Custodian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 76

58shark wrote: Great topic Custy. I’m gunna pull out my old footy programs for another look.
Anyone remember when Collingwood came ove and played us? We lost, but put up a good show. Off the topic I know, but had to mention it.

I still have the newspaper clipping from the Sunday Independent, March 16, 1980 article written by Bob Cribb. Played at East Fremantle Oval Collingwood 16.15 (111) d East Fremantle 12.13 (85) Best for East Fremantle Peake, Kickett, Purser, LeCras, Dobson and Crawford.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best other staters at East Fremantle 6 years 2 months ago #140445

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
which makes the performances throughout the 1980 season very strange indeed.

Best other staters at East Fremantle 6 years 2 months ago #140453

• Custodian
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

ArkRoyal wrote: which makes the performances throughout the 1980 season very strange indeed.

Yes, after winning the 1979 premiership against South we came crashing to earth with only 5 wins in 1980 to finish 7th. Although 7 players from the premiership side went and played VFL in 1980.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Best other staters at East Fremantle 6 years 2 months ago #140456

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Custodian: thanks for reminding me about the lose of players to the VFL. I also have the impression, particularly from readding some of the old football budgets, that there was a little bit of division in the club; mostly, it seemmed, about where to play PeaKe, centre or centre half forward.

Best other staters at East Fremantle 6 years 2 months ago #140457

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Custodian wrote:

58shark wrote: Great topic Custy. I’m gunna pull out my old footy programs for another look.
Anyone remember when Collingwood came ove and played us? We lost, but put up a good show. Off the topic I know, but had to mention it.

I still have the newspaper clipping from the Sunday Independent, March 16, 1980 article written by Bob Cribb. Played at East Fremantle Oval Collingwood 16.15 (111) d East Fremantle 12.13 (85) Best for East Fremantle Peake, Kickett, Purser, LeCras, Dobson and Crawford.

Remember it well Custy. I went to the match and took my son to make sure he was infused with the blue and white. I still have the program magazine in my collection.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Best other staters at East Fremantle 6 years 2 months ago #140495

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 249
Not sure if he has been mentioned already - Damian Condon no doubt brought to the club by Ken Judge.
Not sure if he qualifies but Trent Nichols was pretty handy in 1992. Especially in the tight prelim against EP.
Going back back right back Nipper Truscott. 202 senior games and 3 flags.
Before that there was a player who died very suddenly whilst still in his playing days. His name escapes me. Early days at the club he was a bit of a superstar and had come from Victoria probably in the gold rush.

Best other staters at East Fremantle 6 years 2 months ago #140619

• Custodian
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Another one who gave good service was Tim Malseed who came across from Hawthorn and played with us for 5 or 6 seasons before joining the Bulldogs.

Best other staters at East Fremantle 6 years 2 months ago #141076

• greatwhitepointer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 12
Ti Em , the player you are probably referring to that came to the club but suddenly was James Gullan who made
a name for himself as a footballer in Ballarat before he played on the Goldfields in the 1890's he eventually
returned to Ballarat, before returning west in 1902, in 1903, his only full season with East Fremantle, he
dominated every match in which he played, on June 13th 1904 at four o'c lock ion the morning he died as a result of mis adventure.
He shared a room with two mates and went to bed shortly after 11pm the previous night. he complained of feeling unwell thought he would have some castor oil, unfortunately he swallowed corrosive poison ,he was 29
years old.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ti Em

Best other staters at East Fremantle 6 years 2 months ago #141084

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 249

greatwhitepointer wrote: Ti Em , the player you are probably referring to that came to the club but suddenly was James Gullan who made
a name for himself as a footballer in Ballarat before he played on the Goldfields in the 1890's he eventually
returned to Ballarat, before returning west in 1902, in 1903, his only full season with East Fremantle, he
dominated every match in which he played, on June 13th 1904 at four o'c lock ion the morning he died as a result of mis adventure.
He shared a room with two mates and went to bed shortly after 11pm the previous night. he complained of feeling unwell thought he would have some castor oil, unfortunately he swallowed corrosive poison ,he was 29
years old.

Cheers Greatwhitepointer. - Jame "Carbine" Gullan was most definitely the player i was referring to.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 207 guests and one member online

• Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes