Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2018 6 years 3 months ago #139071

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Not overly fussed about Suban....can't afford them all.....great to hear Jacob Green back down at the club, kicked a few goals in 2016 from memory...5 in a derby once....reckon one more signing perhaps.....a good mixture of signings so far......hopefully if all are fit and firing EF can be more competitive in 2018 in terms of finals aspirations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2018 6 years 3 months ago #139074

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Did Green step away for a year and play Ammos? Be great for competition at the club for spots in the senior side.

2018 6 years 3 months ago #139088

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Think Green went to play in the country mate.....bit of competition for that small goal kicking forward now.....Ryan, Green, Hampson, Wynne and Blurton

2018 6 years 3 months ago #139089

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
True, though Hampson is a bit more than a goal kicking forward. All class, just have to keep him fit and on the park.

2018 6 years 3 months ago #139325

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89
a.swallow signed with Apsley in the neafl

2018 6 years 3 months ago #139646

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Obviously been a very productive off season recruiting wise.....full marks to the club for being proactive. Though am giggling at some of the comments regarding EF being definite top 3 candidates or brown paper bag wholesalers.....a lot of these recruits are guys who crashed and burned at the elite level early on, untried at any senior level of footy, returning from injury and suburban footy.....Jansen and Loersch spent more time playing in the NEAFL without killing it, which we all know is a lower standard comp than the WAFL, Snadden really hasn't done much at EP during his WCE rookie stint, Kommer has had injury problems and being playing suburban footy in Melbourne of late, Griff is getting on and Boekhurst has been injured and iffy during his time at Carlton/Northern Blues. Whilst pleased to have them then not have them, just think time will show how good a recruit any of these boys will be.

If any of them can do a Jonno Marsh or Corey Gault for EF in 2018, than majority of EF fans will be pleased as punch.....jury still out on all them bar Griff and Boekhurst to a degree......would love for good youngsters in Bennett, Burton, Harding, Bailey and Holmes to continue to develop and given opportunities from Wiley.....plus the likes of Howson, Mirco et al to keep improving......some good colts boys in Scott, O'Reilly, Quill, Jackson et al also coming through.....great to have some depth and options, going to be a lot of healthy competition for places, just want Wiley to reward spots on merit and not on salary or CV.

Considering how EF were travelling during 2017, that last month of the season, along side the colts success and now some proactive recruiting, it's great to see some light and hope.....though come end of the day it all means nothing if the onfield performances are poor. Heard a couple more signings are possible, more mid tier sort, but who knows another quality big signing won't be frowned upon by us success starved Sharks fans.

Great to see the club also being proactive off the footy field as well, with gaining new sponsers and strategies to get more money into the club to help fund this recruiting drive......

2018 5 years 10 months ago #147957

• puppy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8

strono wrote:

puppy wrote: Thanks Freeze.

Actually you are right, I have not analyzed the colts list. There are several players listed as colts that should not be on my list. I have updated my list to remove those players who are still colts with EFFC:

Gains
James BRISTOW
Fraser PERRY
Brandon ELLIS
Jarrad Jansen

Losses
Ryan LESTER-SMITH
Brock O'BRIEN
PEAKE Brett
Jesse ADAMINI
Andrew STEPHEN
Matthew WATSON

Jesse CRICHTON
Alexander MORENO
Jack FLETCHER - did not play in 2017 but was listed previously during the year
Jake SCHLEICHER
Andrew STOKES

Conor REGAN
Stuart EGAN
Ryan HOBBS
Joe IARIA
Nathan MORTON-SMITH
Gabriel PARFITT
Brendan TINGEY

I hope that Lester-smith has not retired. Maybe he will miss a year like Ellis or less hopefully I just noticed that he was not listed as a player for us at present. I also think losing Adamini is a blow. EF have 66 senior players listed on their website at present. They will probably reduce this down by 5 or 6 to finalise the list.

hey puppy
are you sure that brock has officially retired?
where is adamini & regan going?

Sorry Strono that I did not see your post earlier. Earlier in the year EF had not listed quite a few of ther players, possibly due to the uncertainty of them returning. I spoke with Steve Nugent on a Friday evening at the club a few weeks before the season started & he said Adamini had retired due to ongoing groin injuries. I am delighted that Lester-Smith is back this week versus WP but naturally disappointed that Brock was not able to play this year. Regan is listed as a current player on the EFFC website. He played in round 1 reserves game versus Peel Thunder but I don't think he has played at all since. He is not listed on the EFFC injury list so I am not sure what his status is at the moment.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 268 guests and 3 members online

• UNKA2
  • Success Hill
  • chaddy22

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma