Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Kane Mitchell 6 years 11 months ago #123853

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
must have decent cashflow at a club to have 8k available to shift every monday.
and if you know Larry that means the WAFC know and should be advising the taxman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kane Mitchell 6 years 11 months ago #123857

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
If Mitchell did return to the footy field, we assume he would continue at Claremont? They would, no doubt welcome him back. Not sure why he left in the first place. I'm sure Claremont would have liked him to stay. I suppose it gets back to the question of whether he wants to return?

Kane Mitchell 6 years 11 months ago #123858

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
The WAFC wouldn't know much I would think. There are ways to move cash around just like there is in the real world. Employment sourced through the clubs by sympathetic parties etc. You won't attract ex AFL key position players or ruckman to the WAFL for $1000 a game. A five day a week commitment let's not forget.

Last edit: by Larry Bird.

Kane Mitchell 6 years 11 months ago #123864

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
people talk in the world, someone has told you so you wouldnt be the only person who knows.
East Perth had to advise the WAFC previously of how many players and their coach (Micale) who were employed at AHG, if they are turning up to work then it isnt an issue.

You must be inferring that players are paid cash over and above these
situations ?

Kane Mitchell 6 years 11 months ago #123867

• Senior Seagull
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
MO being a Swans man you must remember the halcyon days about 10 years ago up at the 'Dean when a player like Hansen was playing for bucket loads of money, reports he was on an $80k package were rife, so I guess Larry's comments carry some weight. Jones over at Perth would be on some excelent coin, obviously a few at Subi, Crowley at Swans ....but of course he's on the coaching panel, Hockey down at Souths perhaps, any of the ex AFL boys or quality VFL/SANFL/TFL boys would demand top dollar plus lucrative work opportunities through each clubs business associates.

Kane Mitchell 6 years 11 months ago #123872

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hansen was paid as a player and also an assistant coach which was accounted for and that was in 2011, not 10 years ago.
Larry has said that players are on 60k cash, now for someone to be paid cash i take it that he means it is not accounted for in either the salary cap or a clubs employment role or 3rd party employment.
why else would you pay someone cash unless you are doing something dodgy ?
we are talking about cash payments here which is done to avoid the taxman and the WAFC.

Last edit: by MarkOlsen.

Kane Mitchell 6 years 11 months ago #123873

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
On the money SS. Going back many years Richard Ambrose was offered a deal at EP which was huge. Subi come over the top I presume but am not certain. You could name players at most clubs that would be paid well above what many think. On good authority some clubs are broke now if more stringent accounting practices where used, it's no suprise really.

Kane Mitchell 6 years 11 months ago #123876

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
paying 60k in cash has got nothing to do with stringent accounting.
its flouting the tax laws and the salary cap.
interesting that Larry says it happens and yet nothing is done about it.

Kane Mitchell 6 years 11 months ago #123878

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I only mentioned a per match figure Mark. How, when, where is only limited by ones imagination. I'm not sure it's in one hit in a sports bag in Kings Park, although it sounds good. Some people at my club keep $60000 in their ashtray. But I'm not suggesting EP pays above the salary cap, we have always played quite fair.

Kane Mitchell 6 years 11 months ago #123880

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
considering you havnt won a flag since 2002 its good news that your club isnt throwing away 60k cash a year on footballers, that would have been a waste of money.

Moderators: Tiger of old

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 991 guests and 3 members online

• Senior Seagull
  • Success Hill
  • Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric