Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2019 Ins & Outs 5 years 3 months ago #161267

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote: Obviously disappointing from EF perspective, especially after such a dismal season, with Marsh deciding to go elsewhere.....but success is important to those delisted fellas still seeking an AFL life line and Subi are the place to be at present......good luck to the guy....will be interested to see how Marsh goes to taking advice from a fella of the coaches standing and the other experienced Subi boys too.....anyone know how much of a tsf fee EF got in the end for Marsh?

Probably not as much as tuppence ha'penny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Ins & Outs 5 years 3 months ago #161273

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543

jackspratt wrote:

BC wrote: Harry Marsh is officially an "in" at Subi...and I must admit, he does look resplendent in his club singlet. Now all we need is a ruckman...I wonder what Corey Gault is up to? :ohmy:

www.subiacofc.com.au/news/16189/harry-marsh-joins-subiaco

Handy pick-up, BC. Given our losses from last season, plus a new coaching regime, I get the feeling we are likely to struggle a bit.

I would be happy with 3 or 4th come September ............... do you think we should be aiming higher?

Difficult to say Jack. It's my understanding nearly all of the senior squad have returned so far this year with only Horsley and Phelan having extended breaks. I think the loss of Zac Clarke will be significant but hopefully a couple of the ressies talls will stand up. I'd be hoping for top 2 but at this stage with Wardman being an unknown factor anywhere in the five will do.

2019 Ins & Outs 5 years 3 months ago #161274

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

BC wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: It has been reported Marsh has been signed by none other than $ubiaco!
What an absolute laughable competition the WAFL has turned into under the current WAFC!
2 questions are how on earth would the undefeated $ubiaco fit him into their “salary cap” and why on earth do they need him I didn’t see any deficiencies in their defence and didn’t they not only go undefeated in the League but won the Reserves and by default the Colts as well?
Interesting to note the WAFC haven’t released the results from their survey some months back probably to embarrassed too with the home truths told about them!

I read the article in the West and it sounds pretty definitive but will wait until something concrete comes out as after all, our good mate Leedy reckoned we'd picked up Nelson and Moulton as well which turned out to be a load of crap. You'd always like to recruit good players straight out of the AFL system but to be honest, we'd have to see a few retirements to fit him into the salary and points cap. Maybe that has happened but not made public knowledge....we'll find out in the fullness of time I guess. If it is correct then it just adds more weight to my argument that a rule should be brought in whereby clubs can't recruit players from other clubs that finish below them in the season just completed including those returning from the AFL. As Marsh was drafted from EF, only EF should be able to sign him considering they finished last. Or perhaps players coming from clubs below attract a points premium, Marsh will be worth 10 points currently...maybe that should be 15 as he was originally from EF a club that finished below Subi in 2018. That way it takes any restraint of trade issues out of the equation.

As I posted last week $ubi had already signed Marsh....you just have to give it a week or so for the information to compute for those sharp minds down at Leederville!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

2019 Ins & Outs 5 years 3 months ago #161278

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

BC wrote: Harry Marsh is officially an "in" at Subi...and I must admit, he does look resplendent in his club singlet. Now all we need is a ruckman...I wonder what Corey Gault is up to? :ohmy:

A good in and a well needed one too I might add, a replacement for Clarkey is now the imperative. Subiaco a pretty good chance to finish top 4 I reckon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BC, ArkRoyal

2019 Ins & Outs 5 years 3 months ago #161281

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Me thinks the club should learn how to spell the word 'programme'.

2019 Ins & Outs 5 years 3 months ago #161283

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote:

A good in and a well needed one too I might add, a replacement for Clarkey is now the imperative. Subiaco a pretty good chance to finish top 4 I reckon.

Yes ooollll...you're on the money again old son. Top 4 is a bit ambitious though...top 5 will do me. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ooollllrrrrrry2

2019 Ins & Outs 5 years 3 months ago #161284

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154

Beasley Hutton wrote:

BC wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: It has been reported Marsh has been signed by none other than $ubiaco!
What an absolute laughable competition the WAFL has turned into under the current WAFC!
2 questions are how on earth would the undefeated $ubiaco fit him into their “salary cap” and why on earth do they need him I didn’t see any deficiencies in their defence and didn’t they not only go undefeated in the League but won the Reserves and by default the Colts as well?
Interesting to note the WAFC haven’t released the results from their survey some months back probably to embarrassed too with the home truths told about them!

I read the article in the West and it sounds pretty definitive but will wait until something concrete comes out as after all, our good mate Leedy reckoned we'd picked up Nelson and Moulton as well which turned out to be a load of crap. You'd always like to recruit good players straight out of the AFL system but to be honest, we'd have to see a few retirements to fit him into the salary and points cap. Maybe that has happened but not made public knowledge....we'll find out in the fullness of time I guess. If it is correct then it just adds more weight to my argument that a rule should be brought in whereby clubs can't recruit players from other clubs that finish below them in the season just completed including those returning from the AFL. As Marsh was drafted from EF, only EF should be able to sign him considering they finished last. Or perhaps players coming from clubs below attract a points premium, Marsh will be worth 10 points currently...maybe that should be 15 as he was originally from EF a club that finished below Subi in 2018. That way it takes any restraint of trade issues out of the equation.

As I posted last week $ubi had already signed Marsh....you just have to give it a week or so for the information to compute for those sharp minds down at Leederville!

Lol .. I really admire how they just make it happen, good player returns and walla they automatically end up on $ubi,s list, like magic .. I suppose it takes time to sort out all the benefits for the in coming stars, the packages on offer .. all above board of course., clear as mud lol..

2019 Ins & Outs 5 years 3 months ago #161287

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
It's simple Falcon...offer better than 4 cents in the dollar and you're a shoe in. ;-)

2019 Ins & Outs 5 years 3 months ago #161288

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154

BC wrote: It's simple Falcon...offer better than 4 cents in the dollar and you're a shoe in. ;-)

That’s hilarious

2019 Ins & Outs 5 years 3 months ago #161297

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273

BC wrote:

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote:

Yes ooollll...you're on the money again old son. Top 4 is a bit ambitious though...top 5 will do me. B)

Thanks for that reassurance, BC - I was starting to get quite concerned.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 514 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL