Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158676

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

Mr AFL wrote: Clubs will still want a bye or two throughout the season. So 18 qualifying games played out over 20 weeks. Add 4 weeks for finals and 1 for a State Game and you have a 25 week season.

What would peoples opinion be on playing the WAFL GF a week earlier, instead of the preliminary final weekend?

No , having it the same as the Long Weekend in WA is ideal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158677

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Demons Forever wrote: I agree no split rounds for me.

Agree absolutely hate them , get rid of country games , play everyone twice, leave it add that.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158680

• Tiger Tales
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135

Mr AFL wrote: Tiger how would you fixture the Easter and WA Day rounds next year.?

You’d hope that they’d look at fixturing traditional rivals agaianst each other on both of these weekends or at least the WA day weekend at a minimum.

Need to continue the traditional rivalries that see good crowds attend these fixtures historically.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr AFL

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158682

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Tiger Tales wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: Tiger how would you fixture the Easter and WA Day rounds next year.?

You’d hope that they’d look at fixturing traditional rivals agaianst each other on both of these weekends or at least the WA day weekend at a minimum.

Need to continue the traditional rivalries that see good crowds attend these fixtures historically.

Obviously you cant have a Foundation Day ( WA Day ) weekend without a Foundation Day Derby.

Just need EF to improve to get some interest back.

I might suggest re aligning ANZAC Day derby as they are to close together....

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158683

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

With Easter , I'd make sure we absolutely don't have a repeat of a couple of years ago with the ludicrous fixture of all games on Good Friday, in fact Id swerve on Good Friday in the main, leave it at Subi v EP if you must, but make sure you have a couple of games Saturday and perhaps Sunday and one Monday for sure. The traditional fixture was 2 games Saturday and 2 Easter Monday and it was one of the biggest WAFL attendance of the year.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158698

• swansfan4life
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132

swansfan4life wrote:

alahoy wrote: Personally I think having 5 games each weekend instead of 4 is massive in turns of discussion, media etc.

While I don't think eagles fans will take much interest I think there's a better chance some might turn up under this model.

Hopefully there are no split rounds - would rather the season start later than have that.

And to top it off, the reserves and colts will only play 16 games from next season as each side will have to have two byes during the season.

Allowing 23 weeks for 18 rounds of football, 4 weeks of finals and possibly one interstate game, the season would have to start on April 20 to fit all that in before to finish a week before the AFL Grand Final. There would have to be at least 2 split rounds just to start the season on April 6.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158703

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

swansfan4life wrote:

swansfan4life wrote:

alahoy wrote: Personally I think having 5 games each weekend instead of 4 is massive in turns of discussion, media etc.

While I don't think eagles fans will take much interest I think there's a better chance some might turn up under this model.

Hopefully there are no split rounds - would rather the season start later than have that.

And to top it off, the reserves and colts will only play 16 games from next season as each side will have to have two byes during the season.

Allowing 23 weeks for 18 rounds of football, 4 weeks of finals and possibly one interstate game, the season would have to start on April 20 to fit all that in before to finish a week before the AFL Grand Final. There would have to be at least 2 split rounds just to start the season on April 6.

It makes you wonder how many of the 16 games players selected for the under 18s state team will play.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158709

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

Bazza wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: Clubs will still want a bye or two throughout the season. So 18 qualifying games played out over 20 weeks. Add 4 weeks for finals and 1 for a State Game and you have a 25 week season.

What would peoples opinion be on playing the WAFL GF a week earlier, instead of the preliminary final weekend?

No , having it the same as the Long Weekend in WA is ideal.

I completely forgot about the long weekend in September. Yes leave it there.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158710

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

Tiger Tales wrote:

Yes I agree. Traditional rivalries need to be maintained.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158712

• alahoy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32

Mr AFL wrote:

Tiger Tales wrote:

Yes I agree. Traditional rivalries need to be maintained.

The even fixture should make it easier to plan derbies around these long weekends without forcing oddities such as teams playing each twice within 3 weeks as has happened.

It would prevent the possibility of playing all opposition in the same order twice over - but this isn't really a big deal.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 276 guests and one member online

• Omah

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977