Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 5 months ago #158626

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Bazza I think describing PFC facilities as a run down junk heap is very unfair. Both Medibank and nib incorporated the old stand into redevelopments because they are bloody good stands and have stood the test of time. Bendigo Bank will fall apart before our facilities will with all the tilt up crap.

Sure we don't have as many plastic seats or concrete to sit on as you do at south but at least our stand actually overlooks the game...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 5 months ago #158631

• swansfan4life
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132

alahoy wrote: Personally I think having 5 games each weekend instead of 4 is massive in turns of discussion, media etc.

While I don't think eagles fans will take much interest I think there's a better chance some might turn up under this model.

Hopefully there are no split rounds - would rather the season start later than have that.

Allowing 23 weeks for 18 rounds of football, 4 weeks of finals and possibly one interstate game, the season would have to start on April 20 to fit all that in before to finish a week before the AFL Grand Final. There would have to be at least 2 split rounds just to start the season on April 6.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 5 months ago #158634

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

swansfan4life wrote:

alahoy wrote: Personally I think having 5 games each weekend instead of 4 is massive in turns of discussion, media etc.

While I don't think eagles fans will take much interest I think there's a better chance some might turn up under this model.

Hopefully there are no split rounds - would rather the season start later than have that.

Allowing 23 weeks for 18 rounds of football, 4 weeks of finals and possibly one interstate game, the season would have to start on April 20 to fit all that in before to finish a week before the AFL Grand Final. There would have to be at least 2 split rounds just to start the season on April 6.

Rest assured that the imperative for the 2019 WAFL fixtures will be to 100% satisfy the requests of the WA domiciled AFL's team's reserves team. That includes when that WA domiciled AFL team wants to play their first and last games in the WAFL. When they want their bye(s). It is not too much of a stretch when they want to play the WAFL games.

In a 10 team competition 18 games is the number for all teams to play each other twice. Add 1 more week end for a state game: the WAFL qualifying games should be over 19 week ends; certainly NOT 23 weeks.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 5 months ago #158636

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
in that sense it will be equal as used to be the case before Peel enterned the competition, but whatever 'equalisation' they factored into the fixtures will be out of the door.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 5 months ago #158644

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

ArkRoyal wrote: in that sense it will be equal as used to be the case before Peel enterned the competition, but whatever 'equalisation' they factored into the fixtures will be out of the door.

Whilst each club will play each other twice not all rounds will be equal. For instance, if a club happens to play the WA domiciled AFL team's reserves's team when the AFL club has the bye in the AFL could potentially be significantly stronger than in other rounds. Similarly, a club playing the Fremantle host club aligned club when Fremantle have a bye.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 5 months ago #158647

• Tiger Tales
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 134

swan42 wrote:

swansfan4life wrote:

Rest assured that the imperative for the 2019 WAFL fixtures will be to 100% satisfy the requests of the WA domiciled AFL's team's reserves team. That includes when that WA domiciled AFL team wants to play their first and last games in the WAFL. When they want their bye(s). It is not too much of a stretch when they want to play the WAFL games.

In a 10 team competition 18 games is the number for all teams to play each other twice. Add 1 more week end for a state game: the WAFL qualifying games should be over 19 week ends; certainly NOT 23 weeks.

Swan42 I know it’s a really complicated equation so it might have been tough for you follow, so let’s walk you through Swansfan4life’s calculations:
18 H & A games + 4 weeks of finals + 1 general bye for interstate game = 23 weeks

Might be reasonable to have split rounds with West Coast and Peels byes to line up with West Coast and Fremantle AFL byes.

Last edit: by Tiger Tales.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 5 months ago #158651

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Clubs will still want a bye or two throughout the season. So 18 qualifying games played out over 20 weeks. Add 4 weeks for finals and 1 for a State Game and you have a 25 week season.

What would peoples opinion be on playing the WAFL GF a week earlier, instead of the preliminary final weekend?

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 5 months ago #158653

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
The wafl season will be much like last year.We will start one week later as the afl has a 22 round comp plus a split bye fortnight meaning in fact 23 week regular season.We will have a 18 round season stretched out over 22 weeks which will include a state game and each team will have 3 byes.this could involve split rounds over a fortnight.I had a look at how the sanfl did it and it is very baffling.Roumd 5 had only 3 games played and round 9 two games played and round 12 and round 17 were split over a fortnight which stretched the season to 21 weeks plus a state game to make 22 games.it sounds complicated because it is.i

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 5 months ago #158654

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Not sure how that will work.
The WAFL is dead, I would have thought that meant there will be no games.

Unless of course the WAFL isn't dead after all.

It is confusing.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiger Tales

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 5 months ago #158675

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Tiger how would you fixture the Easter and WA Day rounds next year.?

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 225 guests and one member online

• Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes