Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158600

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Tiger Tales wrote:

Demons Forever wrote: Can't say I can take this topic all that seriously.
Defeatist negative thoughts.
The life of the WAFL is in the hands of the Clubs.
If the Clubs want to play football they will play regardless of what happens to the WAFC.
It may not be in the form that they want but life has already changed dramatically.
The changes of the last 30 years are not the first changes the competition has seen and probably will not be the last.
The competition has survived and is far from dead.

Agree Demons Forever. The clubs will adapt, the competition will survive and life will go on.

Swan42 - the Doyen of Disaster - just wants it to be the early 80s so Swans are at their best again and winning flags. Clearly their lean run since then with 2 league premierships (including the drug tainted 2010 flag) has been directly caused by the introduction of the two WA AFL teams!

TT there have been some vacuous comments posted by you but the above is the most vacuous of all. I have supported Swans starting in the 1960s. There have been many lean periods in the time I have supported Swans. The most recent was the 2016 season. I refuse to accept that what the WAFC is doing is of benefit to the WAFL and its clubs because quite patently it is the exact opposite.

I accept that the WAFL's status has been adversely affected by the expansion of the VPL. However,the WAFC has the power to reduce the impact and quite clearly their decisions are aimed at gutting the WAFL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158601

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248

chaddy22 wrote:

Ted Nugent wrote: As I said in other post, I am surprised that people talk about welcoming EP back as if nothing happened. They should be eternal pariahs. Agree not having byes and more even fixtures is a plus. Eagles reserves unlikely to attract any more interest than alignment. Subi have enough money to keep on their merry way for years to come. I hope they don't lose players because if they do the other WAFL clubs will have to wait until Subi finish their recruiting and then pick up the crumbs. WP are likely to drop off, provided they pay their debts and taxes ahead of players. Still, if EP can be aligned twice, why can't WP go bankrupt and get bailed out twice? I hope EF can make a move, but realistically it will take at least 3 years. And Perth? I can only hope, but we need minimum 3-5 top class players to play finals.

who's helping pay the bills at lathlain??????

Pray tell Chaddy why you would ask that question.
Hard work pays the bills at Lathlain.
We have to pay our players and our coaches out of our own funds.
No gifted funds out Vic Park way.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Last edit: by Demons Forever.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158602

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Demons Forever wrote:

chaddy22 wrote:

Ted Nugent wrote: As I said in other post, I am surprised that people talk about welcoming EP back as if nothing happened. They should be eternal pariahs. Agree not having byes and more even fixtures is a plus. Eagles reserves unlikely to attract any more interest than alignment. Subi have enough money to keep on their merry way for years to come. I hope they don't lose players because if they do the other WAFL clubs will have to wait until Subi finish their recruiting and then pick up the crumbs. WP are likely to drop off, provided they pay their debts and taxes ahead of players. Still, if EP can be aligned twice, why can't WP go bankrupt and get bailed out twice? I hope EF can make a move, but realistically it will take at least 3 years. And Perth? I can only hope, but we need minimum 3-5 top class players to play finals.

Pendal also confirmed West Coast were compensating Perth for the loss of their naming-rights sponsor which brought the club about $30,000 a year.

The new football precinct is expected to bear a commercial name that will provide the two clubs with about $100,000 a year.

West Coast are seeking funding for a $60 million redevelopment that will replace the current Lathlain Park facilities with two new club houses, a grandstand and other spaces suitable for commercial and community use. Ground lighting will be upgraded to enable night matches to be played, and the Eagles will pay about $1 million towards Perth's new base.

Obviously you wont be benefitting financially from the eagles like we did

Last edit: by chaddy22.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158603

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
1. Cannot see any increase in attendances from a Eagles team in the comp, especially as it will be made up of amateurs and country players and will probably get flogged most weeks.
2 There is no end in sight for Subis dominance, they have a a massive capital base to draw on and dominated all three grades this year.
3. Juxtaposed to Subi, I cannot see any end if sight to Perth's situation.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158604

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

chaddy22 wrote:

Demons Forever wrote:

chaddy22 wrote:

Pendal also confirmed West Coast were compensating Perth for the loss of their naming-rights sponsor which brought the club about $30,000 a year.

The new football precinct is expected to bear a commercial name that will provide the two clubs with about $100,000 a year.

West Coast are seeking funding for a $60 million redevelopment that will replace the current Lathlain Park facilities with two new club houses, a grandstand and other spaces suitable for commercial and community use. Ground lighting will be upgraded to enable night matches to be played, and the Eagles will pay about $1 million towards Perth's new base.

The wheels fell off that deal some time ago apparently, Perth are still stuck in that run down junk heap while the redevelopment goes on all around them..apparently the money ran out.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158605

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Bazza wrote:

chaddy22 wrote:

Demons Forever wrote:

chaddy22 wrote:

The wheels fell off that deal some time ago apparently, Perth are still stuck in that run down junk heap while the redevelopment goes on all around them..apparently the money ran out.

So the west coast are bankrupt.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158606

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
No but there have been no $500k profits unlike EP.
My understanding is PFC are still putting financing in place for our new facilities.
As no-none else will be paying for it.
Not sure where you get a $60m windfall for the DEES.
I wish.
In the meantime we are still successfully paying our players and meagre coaching staff out of our meagre turnover which still sees us making a profit every year.
We must be good managers, what do you think maestro?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158607

• alahoy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
Personally I think having 5 games each weekend instead of 4 is massive in turns of discussion, media etc.

While I don't think eagles fans will take much interest I think there's a better chance some might turn up under this model.

Hopefully there are no split rounds - would rather the season start later than have that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Demons Forever

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158609

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I agree no split rounds for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158614

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Demons Forever wrote: No but there have been no $500k profits unlike EP.
My understanding is PFC are still putting financing in place for our new facilities.
As no-none else will be paying for it.
Not sure where you get a $60m windfall for the DEES.
I wish.
In the meantime we are still successfully paying our players and meagre coaching staff out of our meagre turnover which still sees us making a profit every year.
We must be good managers, what do you think maestro?

Yep, I understand is that PFC have been told they have to fund the new stand themselves , hence why nothing has happened there.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 751 guests and 2 members online

• Whitey
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977