Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 6 months ago #157291

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Ok lets run a fact check over some of the crap being put out there.

Yep EP aligned themselves with the WCE and the rest of the WAFL clubs were paid compensation as a result of that decision. In the process EP lost a level of credibility due to a betrayal of the WAFL but I will assert again that if it wasn't us there were at least one other club who wanted the deal. Was the decision based on an economic imperative, simply yes, as opposed to going cap in hand to the WAFC like Peel.

The nett result is that we have to rebuild the club and that will take a while, do the supporters want compensation, from my discussions that would be a emphatic no!

Now lets look at WP! They go Joondalup with a golden handshake, they pay less rent than most other clubs, due to political intervention they get access to a Council and Liberal Government funded gym and rooms. They take the extra money from the WAFC as a result of the alignment process. They then find themselves in the 'poo' and rather than fess up three years ago their board et al either bail, hide it or ignore it and as a result have to take the cheats way and go into administration so that the TAX PAYERS have to bail them out after having been given TAX PAYER money to more and the again to build their Taj Mahal.

Yes EP took the 12 pieces of silver but we (the whole club) were up front abt it and did not sneak around, act surreptitiously or in immoral way to ensure the viability of the club unlike the club that calls itself an intregal part of the WAFL!.

It will take a while for other members and I to forget the last 6 years but the WP trade mark has gone down the same path as companies like Firepower, they have ripped off the tax paying folk and brought the WAFL in disrepute!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, Bazza, BC, Stand the Test

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 6 months ago #157292

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Grump has been a voice of reason and resilience for some time now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 6 months ago #157293

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Leedy wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

astro wrote: The Board have been removed although i see they retained one director and demoted the president. Cant see them lasting at the next AGM though from what i hear around the traps. The WAFC have only lent the club money so i assume WP will pay that back.

Similar to the Peel loan from 6 years ago...do we have a record if that has ever been paid back in full?

BH,

We are repaying a loan from the WAFC to pay our players/coaches, the only difference a few years ago with Swans is they just didn't play the players full stop which you guys effectively avoided a debt.

Leedy and those players concerned walked out on us to $ubi, Peel and funnily enough WP, much like what happened at EP & $U in the early 80s.
How many WP players would have walked out at the start of this season (or last) if they knew WP could not actually afford to pay their wages?
If only the WAFC had have offered to pay our players for us back then we might have been able to keep a good squad together that could play off late into the Finals but not to be we had to take our punishment not being able to recruit, dropped down the ladder whilst paying off our debts to including the ATO!
Much like the Peel loan from earlier this decade that seems to have been never paid back I and many others will be watching closely to see if this WP loan is ever paid back in full as it would seem the WAFC have their favourites and one could suspect nepotism is involved???

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 6 months ago #157294

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154

Grump wrote: Ok lets run a fact check over some of the crap being put out there.

Yep EP aligned themselves with the WCE and the rest of the WAFL clubs were paid compensation as a result of that decision. In the process EP lost a level of credibility due to a betrayal of the WAFL but I will assert again that if it wasn't us there were at least one other club who wanted the deal. Was the decision based on an economic imperative, simply yes, as opposed to going cap in hand to the WAFC like Peel.

The nett result is that we have to rebuild the club and that will take a while, do the supporters want compensation, from my discussions that would be a emphatic no!

Now lets look at WP! They go Joondalup with a golden handshake, they pay less rent than most other clubs, due to political intervention they get access to a Council and Liberal Government funded gym and rooms. They take the extra money from the WAFC as a result of the alignment process. They then find themselves in the 'poo' and rather than fess up three years ago their board et al either bail, hide it or ignore it and as a result have to take the cheats way and go into administration so that the TAX PAYERS have to bail them out after having been given TAX PAYER money to more and the again to build their Taj Mahal.

Yes EP took the 12 pieces of silver but we (the whole club) were up front abt it and did not sneak around, act surreptitiously or in immoral way to ensure the viability of the club unlike the club that calls itself an intregal part of the WAFL!.

It will take a while for other members and I to forget the last 6 years but the WP trade mark has gone down the same path as companies like Firepower, they have ripped off the tax paying folk and brought the WAFL in disrepute!

Is it true Grumps that EP want compensation for going into a voluntary alignment with the Eagles? if so that is Disgusting ....how dare they..

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 6 months ago #157303

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Falcon wrote:

Grump wrote: Ok lets run a fact check over some of the crap being put out there.

Is it true Grumps that EP want compensation for going into a voluntary alignment with the Eagles? if so that is Disgusting ....how dare they..

I have not been told anything abt that and I and others on this site have said that it should not be forthcoming, we made the bed and we have to survive through honest, open processes. We have enough players to field a League, reserves and Colts sides without going anywhere. That of course will not stop some players from elsewhere fronting up at the club like they do to every club.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 6 months ago #157310

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
Once we de align the following should happen.We will get $525,000 from the wafc just as the g7 do .The extra $175,000 will help us go to paying for coaching staff etc.We will be able to increase our salary cap $100,000 which will help us recruit players to bolster any weaknesses.We will be able to use the full 130 points to pick up needed recruits.Do we need compensation.We definitely don't need wafc money.The idea that we may have a slightly higher salary cap and points is a interesting idea but I suspect if the club recruits a little experience and the right type of players we can be competitive.One thing is for sure we will be able to pay our coaches,players and stafff. without any handouts.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 6 months ago #157313

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Your club walked into the alignment for their 30 pieces of silver knowing that they were deceiving the G7 clubs. Now they have their 30 pieces, want out of the arrangement and want the WAFC and the G7 to prop them up till they can start their rebuild and head towards undeserved flags. Totally immoral and unethical club. They should be left alone to rebuild under their own well financed steam.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake
The following user(s) said Thank You: Falcon

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 6 months ago #157322

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

58shark wrote: Your club walked into the alignment for their 30 pieces of silver knowing that they were deceiving the G7 clubs. Now they have their 30 pieces, want out of the arrangement and want the WAFC and the G7 to prop them up till they can start their rebuild and head towards undeserved flags. Totally immoral and unethical club. They should be left alone to rebuild under their own well financed steam.

We only got 30 pieces of silver.You guys got $175.000 dollars a year from the AFL clubs.If all your clubs are ethical pay back all the money you got from the eagles and dockers.Hmm thought so none of you can afford to.By the way we do not need money from the WAFC or G7 to prop us up..We rightfully will want the same grants that all non aligned clubs receive when we become a stand alone club..I am happy to take the extra $175,000 that non aligned clubs receive from the afl teams.It is the least we can do when we become part of the g8 iis to put our hands out like the other clubs and take the money gladly.At least we won't have to pretend were the money is coming from.I am sure the eagles will be more then happy to stump up the money to have their own team..

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 6 months ago #157360

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
They got a Taj Mahal built up there as well for nothing,

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 6 months ago #157361

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
You going to the GF Bazza?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 461 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977