Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 7 months ago #157249

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Dwert wrote: STT I will forward to you via pm what I have forwarded to the Minister.

Welcome back Dwert, I thought you were gone, never to post again :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 7 months ago #157250

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154

Dwert wrote:

BC wrote: Dwert...I think the $250k from the WAFC was a loan and not a handout. I could be wrong but that's the way I read it initially. Whether it gets repaid or not is another matter as WP don't have any assets to secure it with so the WAFC could be hung out to dry if it's not paid back.

My correspondence basically asked the Minister what his position is regard to the precedence the WAFC might set for future bailouts, I also asked what was the Governments position on writing off tax payers funds which has effectively been done by the VW write off.
I also asked him why it took the WAFC so long to act on the financial oversight recognised by Koorda Mentha in their report and will that report be made public.
I tried to sen you a pm attachment with the exact letter but I could see how it could be done...

Your better off trying to catch him around the public toilets at Lathlain, he is running some type of business there.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 7 months ago #157253

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Leedy wrote:

Dwert wrote: STT I will forward to you via pm what I have forwarded to the Minister.

Welcome back Dwert, I thought you were gone, never to post again :)

Yeh , nah loved corresponding with you too much :)

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 7 months ago #157256

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Dwert wrote:

BC wrote: Dwert...I think the $250k from the WAFC was a loan and not a handout. I could be wrong but that's the way I read it initially. Whether it gets repaid or not is another matter as WP don't have any assets to secure it with so the WAFC could be hung out to dry if it's not paid back.

My correspondence basically asked the Minister what his position is regard to the precedence the WAFC might set for future bailouts, I also asked what was the Governments position on writing off tax payers funds which has effectively been done by the VW write off.
I also asked him why it took the WAFC so long to act on the financial oversight recognised by Koorda Mentha in their report and will that report be made public.
I tried to sen you a pm attachment with the exact letter but I could see how it could be done...

No worries mate. The letter actually appeared on your original post and I was able to open and read it. Hopefully you'll get a reply as it does ask some very pertinent questions. Oh and btw...welcome back....I'm glad you've decided to return to the fold. :)

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 7 months ago #157277

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

Dwert wrote:

Bazza wrote:

BC wrote: Now that the dust has settled, the administrators have done their business, creditors have been sorted albeit unsatisfactorily, debts have been cleared, the next question we as WAFL supporters and taxpayers should be asking is where did the $800k go and what action has been taken against those who perpetrated this embarrassing shambles? From what I can see the only losers in this are small businesses and the like who were forced to take 4 cents in the dollar with no punitive action whatsoever against the people responsible including the Chairman, the CEO and senior members of staff other than to be shown the door. That is not good enough....what's next WAFC or are you going to let it just fade away and hope time takes its course? When are we going to find out where the $ went, why it happened and what is going to be done against those who took the club down this path. If nothing else some accounting standards must have been crossed or broken and if the person performing those tasks at the club is a CPA or CA then the relevant professional body should be notified. What's next Gavin Taylor?

Absolutely BC, the culture of silence is unacceptable, and the lack of disciplinary action by the league and WAFC stinks not just of amateurism but of cover up.

The actions over the last few weeks have been unprecedented in WAFL history, never has a clubs players and coaching staff been financed by an outside body to complete the season, and never has a club failed to honour its commitments to the extent of WPFC. This is an insult to the clubs that have battled honourably to meet and satisfy debts in the past, I know of SDFC, SFFC, Perth, Subiaco resorted to nothing but their own initiative via supporters to raise ever cent to get back above board, and that was without the dubious accounting methods that Korda Mentha stated needed more investigation. Will that be done WAFC?

Lets not forget that WPFC have had the luxury of an additional $250,000.00 gifted to them this season from the WAFC above and beyond every other league club to pay players and coaches.

No other professional or semi professional comp would let the perpetrators go unaddressed in terms of sanctions, this is a test the WAFC is failing with embarrassing aplomb , and that's saying something given its total incompetence history wise.

I have written to the Sport Minister Mick Murray asking these exact questions Bazz. Will let you know what his response is. I suggest if you feel strongly about the issue you do the same Bazz and others....Absolute debacle.

Good Work Dwert

Will get one off today,

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 7 months ago #157279

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

westaussieguy wrote:

mikeh wrote:

chaddy22 wrote: Any truth in the rumour that west perth are changing their club song .Apparently the beatles song money could be considered.The best things in life are free but you can keep them for the birds and bees now give me money that's what I want..

Hilarious, yet again we have a Royals kettle calling a Falcons pot black........

Good to see some humour in the forums

If the Royals are the kettle and the Falcons are the pot they would hardly be black more like in the red by $790,000.

Last edit: by chaddy22.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 7 months ago #157286

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Bazza wrote:

Dwert wrote:

Bazza wrote:

BC wrote: Now that the dust has settled, the administrators have done their business, creditors have been sorted albeit unsatisfactorily, debts have been cleared, the next question we as WAFL supporters and taxpayers should be asking is where did the $800k go and what action has been taken against those who perpetrated this embarrassing shambles? From what I can see the only losers in this are small businesses and the like who were forced to take 4 cents in the dollar with no punitive action whatsoever against the people responsible including the Chairman, the CEO and senior members of staff other than to be shown the door. That is not good enough....what's next WAFC or are you going to let it just fade away and hope time takes its course? When are we going to find out where the $ went, why it happened and what is going to be done against those who took the club down this path. If nothing else some accounting standards must have been crossed or broken and if the person performing those tasks at the club is a CPA or CA then the relevant professional body should be notified. What's next Gavin Taylor?

Absolutely BC, the culture of silence is unacceptable, and the lack of disciplinary action by the league and WAFC stinks not just of amateurism but of cover up.

The actions over the last few weeks have been unprecedented in WAFL history, never has a clubs players and coaching staff been financed by an outside body to complete the season, and never has a club failed to honour its commitments to the extent of WPFC. This is an insult to the clubs that have battled honourably to meet and satisfy debts in the past, I know of SDFC, SFFC, Perth, Subiaco resorted to nothing but their own initiative via supporters to raise ever cent to get back above board, and that was without the dubious accounting methods that Korda Mentha stated needed more investigation. Will that be done WAFC?

Lets not forget that WPFC have had the luxury of an additional $250,000.00 gifted to them this season from the WAFC above and beyond every other league club to pay players and coaches.

No other professional or semi professional comp would let the perpetrators go unaddressed in terms of sanctions, this is a test the WAFC is failing with embarrassing aplomb , and that's saying something given its total incompetence history wise.

I have written to the Sport Minister Mick Murray asking these exact questions Bazz. Will let you know what his response is. I suggest if you feel strongly about the issue you do the same Bazz and others....Absolute debacle.

Good Work Dwert

Will get one off today,

Onya Bazz

A guy like you wants answers....a guy like you demands answers....

Good luck with it mate

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 7 months ago #157287

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

chaddy22 wrote:

westaussieguy wrote:

mikeh wrote:

chaddy22 wrote: Any truth in the rumour that west perth are changing their club song .Apparently the beatles song money could be considered.The best things in life are free but you can keep them for the birds and bees now give me money that's what I want..

Hilarious, yet again we have a Royals kettle calling a Falcons pot black........

Good to see some humour in the forums

If the Royals are the kettle and the Falcons are the pot they would hardly be black more like in the red by $790,000.

The Royals should be Blue and Gold after hanging out of the Eagles asses all these years...LOL
BTW heard the Royals want "compensation" for taking the Eagles money all these years....how the fark does that all work?

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 7 months ago #157288

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256

mikeh wrote:

Hmmm ... I know the Falcons have Aaron Black, but who's Pot Black, Mike?

Last edit: by Archie Duda Goal Machine.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 7 months ago #157289

• kirbs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17

BC wrote:

kirbs wrote:

Settle BC, what is the need to rush in, if WAFC are doing their job they will be going through the books, dotting every I crossing every T, and come up with the necessary evidence/proof before taking to task whoever was not compliant in their position for this too happen. What's to say there may be legal charges if the paper trail leads to that, in that case need the proof first, no point rushing in like you are suggesting.

In saying that though, if WAFC try to bury it, they are as weak as.

All good points Kirbs but I've not seen anything from the WAFC that is the path they're going down. If I were a betting man which I'm not, I'd lay money that once the new board has started to make changes, the WAFC get their money repaid and it starts to fall off the front page, the WAFC will be more than happy to let it drift off into the annuls of history and those responsible will be long gone.

I hope you are wrong their BC, I am a Cardie follower but if people in charge have caused this mess then they must be held to account, and it is WAFC/WAFL (I am not sure) who need this to be followed through.

If I was one of the Creditors who ended up with a pittance of 4c in the $, and say for example I made Footy Jumpers, I would be reluctant to take on an order from a company that has dudded me, but that is also is like "Biting off your nose to spite your face" Poor old Creditors could still be in a lose/lose situation going forward, at no fault of their own
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Last edit: by kirbs.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 434 guests and 2 members online

• smokey
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric