Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 6 months ago #157827

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

BC wrote:

Dwert wrote:

BC wrote: Dwert...I think the $250k from the WAFC was a loan and not a handout. I could be wrong but that's the way I read it initially. Whether it gets repaid or not is another matter as WP don't have any assets to secure it with so the WAFC could be hung out to dry if it's not paid back.

My correspondence basically asked the Minister what his position is regard to the precedence the WAFC might set for future bailouts, I also asked what was the Governments position on writing off tax payers funds which has effectively been done by the VW write off.
I also asked him why it took the WAFC so long to act on the financial oversight recognised by Koorda Mentha in their report and will that report be made public.
I tried to sen you a pm attachment with the exact letter but I could see how it could be done...

I don't suppose you got any response as yet?

Got a note back saying there will be response made by Friday 5th October mate. I will let you know as soon as I hear something.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 5 months ago #158012

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 5 months ago #158015

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Looks like Valentine will be WP next coach, not sure how Guildford Grammar are gonna match what WP can offer him.....

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 5 months ago #158016

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Joint is falling like a deck of cards. Now they choose not to advertise. No wonder they are a rabble.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 5 months ago #158019

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
What a bloody shambles this mob are!!!. They go into administration racking up debts of $790k, the WAFC bails them out, they pay 4 cents in the dollar to creditors, the WAFC chooses not to impose an eight point penalty next season which is standard apparently, they sack the coach who unexpectedly took them to a GF, former Pres Scott Ballem resigns, Valentine is installed without advertising which smells like nepotism to me and none of the board attend the Breckler medal count.....FMD...what a Mickey Mouse operation and my sincere apologies to Disney Corp.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 5 months ago #158131

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

BC wrote: What a bloody shambles this mob are!!!. They go into administration racking up debts of $790k, the WAFC bails them out, they pay 4 cents in the dollar to creditors, the WAFC chooses not to impose an eight point penalty next season which is standard apparently, they sack the coach who unexpectedly took them to a GF, former Pres Scott Ballem resigns, Valentine is installed without advertising which smells like nepotism to me and none of the board attend the Breckler medal count.....FMD...what a Mickey Mouse operation and my sincere apologies to Disney Corp.

Absolute joke.

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 5 months ago #158136

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Bazza/BC - when you think about it a bit harder maybe two thoughts might emerge:

1. How could the Commission impose a penalty on itself - you have to remember it is not really WP anymore it is the WPFootballCommission and;
2. Can you really imagine a worse penalty than being run by the WAFC - I can't.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 5 months ago #158187

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
So Valentine now WPFootballCommission coach.

It's all so West Perth isn't it?

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 5 months ago #158189

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Dwert wrote:

BC wrote:

Dwert wrote:

BC wrote: Dwert...I think the $250k from the WAFC was a loan and not a handout. I could be wrong but that's the way I read it initially. Whether it gets repaid or not is another matter as WP don't have any assets to secure it with so the WAFC could be hung out to dry if it's not paid back.

My correspondence basically asked the Minister what his position is regard to the precedence the WAFC might set for future bailouts, I also asked what was the Governments position on writing off tax payers funds which has effectively been done by the VW write off.
I also asked him why it took the WAFC so long to act on the financial oversight recognised by Koorda Mentha in their report and will that report be made public.
I tried to sen you a pm attachment with the exact letter but I could see how it could be done...

I don't suppose you got any response as yet?

Got a note back saying there will be response made by Friday 5th October mate. I will let you know as soon as I hear something.

For those interested reply from the Sport Minister Murray, it seems the Government are content with the WAFC response to this matter?
All gone very quite on this front ATM , which is a well known WAFC strategy.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump, Bazza, BC

What's next in the WP finance fiasco WAFC? 5 years 5 months ago #158190

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
Cheers Dwert...I guess a vanilla type response was to be expected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwert

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 388 guests and 7 members online

• Senior Seagull
  • Mr AFL
  • Demons Forever
  • Time For a Flag
  • Blackduck
  • Tiger Tales
  • Ti Em

Newest Footy Recruits