Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2019 Out with the Reserves in with Womens WAFL 6 years 2 months ago #141869

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
For once you and I are on the same page SD...I enjoy elite international women's netball, hockey, gymnastics and so on but why push huge $ into something which is currently and always will be rubbish...the AFL would be far better of putting additional funding into grass roots and community based footy including development programmes for players, coaching clinics for junior coaches and better infrastructure for suburban teams instead of this crap.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 Out with the Reserves in with Womens WAFL 6 years 2 months ago #141871

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Why is footy like this in Australia. The powers that be think up a dumb idea and make us look like dicks for objecting. Somehow momentum starts and can't be stopped. There was nothing wrong with WAFL club management of the colts - look at last year's draft. What was the problem that needed fixing? There is nothing wrong with the colts-reserves-league set up but the powers that be won't stop until they've messed with it.

How about the AFL gives every club great lights and women's footy is played after the league match?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

2019 Out with the Reserves in with Womens WAFL 6 years 2 months ago #141873

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
I happened upon the Brissy v Adelaide game a couple of days ago - being shown live on the Australia+ network - and must admit I was pleasantly surprised by the standard.

Ended up watching, and enjoying, for about 10 minutes.

the AFL would be far better of putting additional funding into grass roots and community based footy including development programmes for players, coaching clinics for junior coaches and better infrastructure for suburban teams instead of this crap.

They are, BC - into development of the women's game. My 13 yo grand-daughter is currently part of an intense, and well resourced program being run out of Subi oval. She is well over 6ft already, and built more like John Nicholls than Matthew Burton. :)

2019 Out with the Reserves in with Womens WAFL 6 years 2 months ago #141874

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

BC wrote: I flicked through the Freo AFLW game yesterday just to see if the standard had improved after a full preseason and $ thrown at them by the AFL....well, it lasted about 2 minutes and I couldn't take any more. They are fair dinkum crap...plenty of endeavour and they're not afraid to have a go but the skill level, decision making and execution were at about under 14s level...and that's probably doing a disservice to the under 14s. I'm with you Bazza...I used to get at the ressies around half time to see how they were going but now I'll rock up after the women have finished.

Yeah BC , didn't watch it ( and wont) but from all accounts its was a total farce.

apparently they are expecting 40k this weekend at 2 bucks a pop, hope it gets better because at this rate it will be consigned to the dust bin of history once they start charging full entrance fees.

So much money wasted on this rubbish , while WAFL and grass roots footy sinks in the manure.

I hope some big grants are coming the way of WAFL clubs to alter al the change rooms. I guess Freo oval is not so bad they have SFFC plus the defunct dockers building to use.

2019 Out with the Reserves in with Womens WAFL 6 years 2 months ago #141875

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: For once you and I are on the same page SD...I enjoy elite international women's netball, hockey, gymnastics and so on but why push huge $ into something which is currently and always will be rubbish...the AFL would be far better of putting additional funding into grass roots and community based footy including development programmes for players, coaching clinics for junior coaches and better infrastructure for suburban teams instead of this crap.

Yep agree 100% , Im keen on womens Hockey and Netabll Soccer esp at Olympic and Commonwealth Games level , its great to watch and women are 100% suited to it, but as for pumping millions into something that will never be any good fair dinkum idiots.

2019 Out with the Reserves in with Womens WAFL 6 years 2 months ago #141877

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote: Confirmed 2019 WAFL clubs been told womens wafl will curtin raise all WAFL Games.

Confirmed by who Bazza , I hope you're not using Hackdorn for a source , there's only six women's teams anyway so that means one game won't be affected so I don't know how that will work.

2019 Out with the Reserves in with Womens WAFL 6 years 2 months ago #141889

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Peter North wrote:

Bazza wrote: Confirmed 2019 WAFL clubs been told womens wafl will curtin raise all WAFL Games.

Confirmed by who Bazza , I hope you're not using Hackdorn for a source , there's only six women's teams anyway so that means one game won't be affected so I don't know how that will work.

There will be 8 on 2019

2019 Out with the Reserves in with Womens WAFL 6 years 2 months ago #141896

• Tiger Tales
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135

Bazza wrote:

Peter North wrote:

There will be 8 on 2019

There is already 9 WAWFL teams - all aligned to the WAFL clubs

The Ressies compshouldnt be bumped for the women’s fixtures, as someone suggested theyd be better playing after the league under lights

2019 Out with the Reserves in with Womens WAFL 6 years 2 months ago #141897

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote:

Peter North wrote:

There will be 8 on 2019

At our AGM last Thursday it was stated that the number of women's teams under the auspices of the WAFC would be 6 and we would find out around May of this year.

My contempt for the WAFC continues to increase. To dislocate the current structure of the women's competition (juniors, reserves and league) on a Sunday and similarly the men's competition on a Saturday, it is so self-evident will damage both structures. It wasn't mentioned at the AGM but if one has the ability to add 1 and 1 and get 2 for an answer, the next change will be to remove the colts from their usual time slot to play all 4 games a centralised venue.

The proposed changes are nothing more nor less than the WAFC trying to provide a reason for their existence once they have DESTROYED the WAFL competition.

2019 Out with the Reserves in with Womens WAFL 6 years 2 months ago #141899

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194
True blood Australian Rules football , in it's pure Saturday afternoon form , died over 20 years ago

Since that time - it has been twisted & contorted into an almost Frankenstein-esque parody of Basketball , Waterpolo , Gridiron , Soccer.

A national female's league shouldn't surprise , the Victorians have turned a once great sport into a grotesque neon ablution block of drug addicts , criminally associated & influenced slime , conflicted by interest & bigotrised pile of shit for idiot masses via television

Football once ruled each weekend - now the weekend is ruled by dickhead self-appointed "superstar" nobodies , advertising wankery of the highest order and deceit

When some ridiculous poofter fantasy competition takes importance over nursery state leagues you just know the real game itself has been extinguished
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 244 guests and one member online

• Chickenfried

Newest Footy Recruits

• Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020