Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

VALE the WAFL 6 years 3 months ago #140298

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

BC wrote: I've said before and will say again that 42 is the most negative poster on this site. Unless his beloved bogans are front and centre the WAFL as we know it is doomed. He seems to think they are the be all and end all based on their huge supporter numbers which statistically is a load of crap. Treat 42 for what he is....a passionate WAFL supporter but a glass half empty sort of person.

Yep, actually he's a passionate SDFC fan, not sure about his real commitment to other clubs success..lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

VALE the WAFL 6 years 3 months ago #140299

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Its almost certain the following will happen in next 5 years.
Colts run as own comp
Reserves abolished
Womens League played as curtin raiser to WAFL league.

VALE the WAFL 6 years 3 months ago #140302

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

swan42 wrote:

Grump wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Demons Forever wrote: Not sure either of you 2 are making much sense.
Just why will the competition die?
Please enlighten us.

Okay DF here is the explanation. None of the WAFL clubs have control over their colts' teams anymore. They are WAFL colts' teams in name only. E.g. a player like S Coniglio will not be allowed to play for Swans' league team AT ALL THROUGHOUT the season. They will only be allowed to play for the "colts' team".

No moneys will be given to the WAFL club when drafted.

They will not play before the ressies on the Saturdays. This may not occur until 2019; but rest assured it will.

There will not be any interaction between the colts' players and the ressies and league players. This will mean that there will be less transition of players from colts through to ressies and league.

An extension to this will be that the WAFC will make the decision to scrap the ressies in season 2019.

Unfortunately Swan I have not gone but decided to hang in with my inane contributions. My understanding is that Colts plays can play reserves and League if required by the clubs and if they are considered good enough. I laughingly said the Dean Turner that we should fill our ressies side with the best 10 colts players which would the then mean the next 19 in the colts system move up. ( qualifying that comment. the new system apparently focuses on the best 30 at each club and the rest play community or ammo's and are only called upon if required). The players are still swans or East Perth players even if moved to bolster another club (sort of like in Soccer where players are loaned out). I do not like it but then I liked the thirds and fourths system!

Grump good to see that you are still on here. It is good to have contributors on this site that are genuinely interested in the WAFL.

It is interesting that you mention a figure of 30 players. If one goes through the list of players that play for a colts' team there have been seasons where we have played around 60 - 70 players. Given a colts' team has 23 players, add a few players unavailable due to injury, sickness or PSA commitments you soon get well into the 30s. Then you take out the players unavailable due to AFL junkets, the 18s matches how do they think that 30 players will be enough?

The list is bigger thn the 30 but the abblet process is to focus most of the efforts on the 'best' of the talent pool. The others are included but the spread of coaching is at the higher level. There is a drip down through a development of coaches down the levels. That pre-supposes that the coaches are there and are able to meet the needs and demand.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

VALE the WAFL 6 years 3 months ago #140307

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grump wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Grump wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Demons Forever wrote: Not sure either of you 2 are making much sense.
Just why will the competition die?
Please enlighten us.

Okay DF here is the explanation. None of the WAFL clubs have control over their colts' teams anymore. They are WAFL colts' teams in name only. E.g. a player like S Coniglio will not be allowed to play for Swans' league team AT ALL THROUGHOUT the season. They will only be allowed to play for the "colts' team".

No moneys will be given to the WAFL club when drafted.

They will not play before the ressies on the Saturdays. This may not occur until 2019; but rest assured it will.

There will not be any interaction between the colts' players and the ressies and league players. This will mean that there will be less transition of players from colts through to ressies and league.

An extension to this will be that the WAFC will make the decision to scrap the ressies in season 2019.

Unfortunately Swan I have not gone but decided to hang in with my inane contributions. My understanding is that Colts plays can play reserves and League if required by the clubs and if they are considered good enough. I laughingly said the Dean Turner that we should fill our ressies side with the best 10 colts players which would the then mean the next 19 in the colts system move up. ( qualifying that comment. the new system apparently focuses on the best 30 at each club and the rest play community or ammo's and are only called upon if required). The players are still swans or East Perth players even if moved to bolster another club (sort of like in Soccer where players are loaned out). I do not like it but then I liked the thirds and fourths system!

Grump good to see that you are still on here. It is good to have contributors on this site that are genuinely interested in the WAFL.

It is interesting that you mention a figure of 30 players. If one goes through the list of players that play for a colts' team there have been seasons where we have played around 60 - 70 players. Given a colts' team has 23 players, add a few players unavailable due to injury, sickness or PSA commitments you soon get well into the 30s. Then you take out the players unavailable due to AFL junkets, the 18s matches how do they think that 30 players will be enough?

The list is bigger thn the 30 but the abblet process is to focus most of the efforts on the 'best' of the talent pool. The others are included but the spread of coaching is at the higher level. There is a drip down through a development of coaches down the levels. That pre-supposes that the coaches are there and are able to meet the needs and demand.

My response to the elitist response is Gavin Outridge to show the folly of that approach.

VALE the WAFL 6 years 3 months ago #140323

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
The standard of womens football is so very poor. The 16s would put on a better display. If they think this will enhance interest on match day then they are delusional and in fact maybe threatening the loss of even more WAFL fans
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Last edit: by astro.

VALE the WAFL 6 years 3 months ago #140325

• SC30
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Astro, totally agree that the standard of the women's competition (WAWFL) is so bad that I honesty believe 13 to 14 y/o boys would destroy them. It's not a lack of respect thing. It's just how bad the comp is, the lack of professionalism and the want for real change including a greater focus on football development.

Last edit: by SC30.

VALE the WAFL 6 years 3 months ago #140327

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
Swan 42 is not negativist, he is a realist. The reality is the Afl sees the future of footy as two levels, Afl and then under 18s
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

VALE the WAFL 6 years 3 months ago #140329

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Will the ladies be playing before league matches?

VALE the WAFL 6 years 3 months ago #140330

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
So what is the WAFL losing by recognising that 50% of their potential audience is female?

Not all income is via the gate - sponsorship via TV and government is surely very important. The AFL seems to have latched on to this.

VALE the WAFL 6 years 3 months ago #140331

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
jack: tradition?

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 430 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020