Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

VALE the WAFL 6 years 4 months ago #140203

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It is with much sadness that it is my melancholy duty to announce that the WAFL officially DIED on Saturday 23rd December, 2017. Watching over the death were G Taylor, M Ablett and in the wings G Dorrington and his fellow WAFC wastrels ready to pick at its carcass.

Condolences to all supporters of the WAFL.

RIP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

VALE the WAFL 6 years 4 months ago #140214

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194
The total dissolution of the clubs will occur very soon mate - it'll just be a zone conference plus the two pieces of foreign shit making a 6 team farce with no relevance therefore totally voiding the worth of the AFL club licences currently being held.
The WAFC had the golden opportunity to get rid of these licences before they became millstones and in the process set up the future , that time has now passed

Last edit: by Southerner.

VALE the WAFL 6 years 4 months ago #140216

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Southerner wrote: The total dissolution of the clubs will occur very soon mate - it'll just be a zone conference plus the two pieces of foreign shit making a 6 team farce with no relevance therefore totally voiding the worth of the AFL club licences currently being held.
The WAFC had the golden opportunity to get rid of these licences before they became millstones and in the process set up the future , that time has now passed

Let's also not forget that the person involved, G Taylor, was a SINGULAR FAILURE in trying to obtain the management rights for the new stadium. And what was the result of his FAILURE he is appointed to run the WAFL. One can only wonder and speculate what his reward will be when the WAFL clubs and competition fold.

VALE the WAFL 6 years 4 months ago #140220

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Not sure either of you 2 are making much sense.
Just why will the competition die?
Please enlighten us.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

VALE the WAFL 6 years 4 months ago #140222

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
I've said before and will say again that 42 is the most negative poster on this site. Unless his beloved bogans are front and centre the WAFL as we know it is doomed. He seems to think they are the be all and end all based on their huge supporter numbers which statistically is a load of crap. Treat 42 for what he is....a passionate WAFL supporter but a glass half empty sort of person.

VALE the WAFL 6 years 4 months ago #140226

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

BC wrote: I've said before and will say again that 42 is the most negative poster on this site. Unless his beloved bogans are front and centre the WAFL as we know it is doomed. He seems to think they are the be all and end all based on their huge supporter numbers which statistically is a load of crap. Treat 42 for what he is....a passionate WAFL supporter but a glass half empty sort of person.

This is from a Subiaco supporter who has been bleating about how unfair the advantages Peel have had in winning the last two GFs.

I have NEVER said that Swans is the be all and end all of the WAFL. What I have said is that we are the best travelling club and I stand by that comment even though our supporter base has deteriorated by the dominance of Subiaco afforded by their financial clout due to their arrangement with the AFL matches at Subiaco and the host club alignment that has made it an even bigger farce.

VALE the WAFL 6 years 4 months ago #140227

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Demons Forever wrote: Not sure either of you 2 are making much sense.
Please enlighten us.

Okay DF here is the explanation. None of the WAFL clubs have control over their colts' teams anymore. They are WAFL colts' teams in name only. E.g. a player like S Coniglio will not be allowed to play for Swans' league team AT ALL THROUGHOUT the season. They will only be allowed to play for the "colts' team".

No moneys will be given to the WAFL club when drafted.

They will not play before the ressies on the Saturdays. This may not occur until 2019; but rest assured it will.

There will not be any interaction between the colts' players and the ressies and league players. This will mean that there will be less transition of players from colts through to ressies and league.

An extension to this will be that the WAFC will make the decision to scrap the ressies in season 2019.

VALE the WAFL 6 years 4 months ago #140229

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358

swan42 wrote:

Please enlighten us.

Okay DF here is the explanation. None of the WAFL clubs have control over their colts' teams anymore. They are WAFL colts' teams in name only. E.g. a player like S Coniglio will not be allowed to play for Swans' league team AT ALL THROUGHOUT the season. They will only be allowed to play for the "colts' team".

They will not play before the ressies on the Saturdays. This may not occur until 2019; but rest assured it will.

There will not be any interaction between the colts' players and the ressies and league players. This will mean that there will be less transition of players from colts through to ressies and league.

An extension to this will be that the WAFC will make the decision to scrap the ressies in season 2019.

I don't know how you came to your grim view S42, I listened to the interview with Michael Ablett yesterday and I didn't hear anything to suggest it's mothballs for the WAFL and quite frankly that is nonsense because it would completely undermine the two Perth AFL clubs. There are clearly other factors that undermine the integrity of the WAFL comp that the WAFC has failed to address thus far.

Would it be fair to assume the cost of running a colts squad is quite a significant cost and perhaps that is where some clubs have better resources than others in respect to that? I would think the cost of running a colts squad far exceeds whatever clubs have got back from draft fees.

Same probably goes for the ressies and perhaps the way it will go is WAFL clubs will be aligned with their amateur clubs in their zones and players will drop back to amateur clubs who are not playing league. That would be sad not to see the next best running around before the league match but perhaps amateur matches could be curtain raisers to the league match?

I would love my club to be able to draw on any players out of our amateur clubs. If we need a ruckman we can just pluck the best one out of the ammos any given week. I reckon it could be a very good thing and give players that otherwise wouldn't get to play league footy a chance to fulfill their dreams.

And maybe it might have a leveling affect on this lopsided competition where the club who can afford the best recruits and has the better resources to develop their junior zones dominates the competition year in year out.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

VALE the WAFL 6 years 4 months ago #140232

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

DD wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Please enlighten us.

I don't know how you came to your grim view S42, I listened to the interview with Michael Ablett yesterday and I didn't hear anything to suggest it's mothballs for the WAFL and quite frankly that is nonsense because it would completely undermine the two Perth AFL clubs. There are clearly other factors that undermine the integrity of the WAFL comp that the WAFC has failed to address thus far.

Would it be fair to assume the cost of running a colts squad is quite a significant cost and perhaps that is where some clubs have better resources than others in respect to that? I would think the cost of running a colts squad far exceeds whatever clubs have got back from draft fees.

Same probably goes for the ressies and perhaps the way it will go is WAFL clubs will be aligned with their amateur clubs in their zones and players will drop back to amateur clubs who are not playing league. That would be sad not to see the next best running around before the league match but perhaps amateur matches could be curtain raisers to the league match?

I would love my club to be able to draw on any players out of our amateur clubs. If we need a ruckman we can just pluck the best one out of the ammos any given week. I reckon it could be a very good thing and give players that otherwise wouldn't get to play league footy a chance to fulfill their dreams.

And maybe it might have a leveling affect on this lopsided competition where the club who can afford the best recruits and has the better resources to develop their junior zones dominates the competition year in year out.

Let's start with the obvious on what basis is there to believe ANYTHING that comes from the WAFC? History shows that it is exactly the opposite.

The dislocation of the colts' competition will lead to a greater drop-out of cots' players; fewer players progressing through the grades. I would love to be proved wrong, but experience shows that my prediction is the more likely to occur.

I would also point out that the club that lost ONE QUALIFYING GAME ONLY in 2016 made a reported loss of around $140,000

VALE the WAFL 6 years 4 months ago #140238

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100
Wafl clubs treat their colts as an after thought, volunteer coaches etc. The kids deserve better, any more funding thrown towards wafl clubs to enhance colts program would be siphoned off to fund league squads.

Long over due changes that will benefit the talent coming through 10 fold.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 901 guests and one member online

• TheFeds

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977