Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

WAFL crowds 8 years 4 weeks ago #88628

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Don't panic peoples!
No need to worry about the Wafl crowds.
I seem to remember the so called commission telling everyone Wafl attendances would increase because the alignments were going to draw people in. If my memory is correct?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WAFL crowds 8 years 4 weeks ago #88684

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

30plusyeardrought wrote:

Bazza wrote: Hey moron eagles are building a club house at Latho.

Hey Moron didnt the Dockers build a clubhouse at Freo.
Were South Freo in bed with the Dockers?

Eagles have to get out of Subi,wheres the new stadium...thats right around the corner from Lathlain.

It makes more sense to me to approach East perth and get them to ground share Lathlain.

Look I know 30 plus years of crap turns some minds to mush..but simpletons like you are probably why the WAFL in the state it is in.

Firstly SFFC NEVER entered into a redevelopment agreement with the Shockers when they built at Fremantle Oval , that had nothing to do with SFFC, quite the contrary SFFC (WHO OWN THEIR LAND UNLIKE PFC) and the Shockers ( Who own no land at Fremantle Oval) have been at loggerheads ever since they moved in on a variety of issues. This is the polar opposites of the full rdevelopment "agreement" that PFC have entered into with WCE as a very junior partner in what will become a major facility for the WCE part of which the PFC will play second fiddle in.

WAFL crowds 8 years 4 weeks ago #88686

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Bazza wrote:

30plusyeardrought wrote:

Eagles have to get out of Subi,wheres the new stadium...thats right around the corner from Lathlain.

It makes more sense to me to approach East perth and get them to ground share Lathlain.

Look I know 30 plus years of crap turns some minds to mush..but simpletons like you are probably why the WAFL in the state it is in.

Firstly SFFC NEVER entered into a redevelopment agreement with the Shockers when they built at Fremantle Oval , that had nothing to do with SFFC, quite the contrary SFFC (WHO OWN THEIR LAND UNLIKE PFC) and the Shockers ( Who own no land at Fremantle Oval) have been at loggerheads ever since they moved in on a variety of issues. This is the polar opposites of the full rdevelopment "agreement" that PFC have entered into with WCE as a very junior partner in what will become a major facility for the WCE part of which the PFC will play second fiddle in.

I think you have taken to many knocks to the head,so if you own YOUR LAND as you screamed it out why the hell did you let the Dockers get on there and build there clubhouse,money revenue perhaps.
Point is they were there but not aligned to South!

And unless you 100% know that the Dees are going to align with the Eagles then i suggest you keep your know it all opinion to yourself!

You have absolutely no idea what agreement the PFC,City of Vic Park and the Eagles have entered into.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

WAFL crowds 8 years 4 weeks ago #88701

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

30plusyeardrought wrote:

Bazza wrote:

30plusyeardrought wrote:

I think you have taken to many knocks to the head,so if you own YOUR LAND as you screamed it out why the hell did you let the Dockers get on there and build there clubhouse,money revenue perhaps.

And unless you 100% know that the Dees are going to align with the Eagles then i suggest you keep your know it all opinion to yourself!

You have absolutely no idea what agreement the PFC,City of Vic Park and the Eagles have entered into.[/quote

He heard it from Hackdorn lol.

Last edit: by Peter North.

WAFL crowds 8 years 4 weeks ago #88704

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: I know it's each to their own and I'm not having a crack at anyone in particular, but it astounds me that supporters can't go and spend a couple of hours watching a game of footy without pouring piss down their throats. I enjoy a drink more than most but I can't see any good reason to hit the turps during the afternoon when a game is on especially with prices the way they are. Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

Probably explains why Subi is not really renown as a club with a lively social scene or buzzing members bar

Nah in all seriousness it all depends at home games I really enjoy the social aspect and having a beer cost is cheap by pub standards so no issue away games a different story tend not to unless it's a derby but even then not always all about catching up I guess bit of a Freo thing also depends on the games Saturday arvo is a good time to kick back with a beer then head out for a meal in Freo after as is Friday nights if it's a Monday or Sunday game they are more low key.

WAFL crowds 8 years 4 weeks ago #88706

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

30plusyeardrought wrote:

Bazza wrote:

30plusyeardrought wrote:

You have absolutely no idea what agreement the PFC,City of Vic Park and the Eagles have entered into.

Keep digging that hole for yourself ,,,The Land Sffc clubhouse is on is owned by us NOT the Ffc land , we entered no deal with them Ffc deal was with the FCC unlike your mob who are tied up in knots with the Eagles and their money to have a facility that will leave you beholden to them forever if you exist another decade in your current format which is highly unlikely , when the Eagles inspired Bulldozers go through your historic members stand and club house you can kiss your clubs independence good bye.

Last edit: by Bazza.

WAFL crowds 8 years 4 weeks ago #88716

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote:

30plusyeardrought wrote:

Bazza wrote:

30plusyeardrought wrote:

Keep digging that hole for yourself ,,,The Land Sffc clubhouse is on is owned by us NOT the Ffc land , we entered no deal with them Ffc deal was with the FCC unlike your mob who are tied up in knots with the Eagles and their money to have a facility that will leave you beholden to them forever if you exist another decade in your current format which is highly unlikely , when the Eagles inspired Bulldozers go through your historic members stand and club house you can kiss your clubs independence good bye.

So really it's just your opinion regarding the PFC then, carry on Nostradumas.

WAFL crowds 8 years 4 weeks ago #88725

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: why would anyone buy it anchor? does it generate revenue? I dont think so...maybe a bit of sponsorship money but that would go pretty quickly in upkeep. if someone was to buy this site they'd have to think long and hard about charging to post on here...maybe a $10 one off registration fee for each poster might be the go.

Have there been any offers BC?

But yep I reckon you are right, the chances of a buyer are slim , money wise lets face it, if this was a goer the current owners would probably be keeping it going or it would of been snapped up by a media bizzo.

Media are struggling all over place to make a quid, advert money is hard to come by, heck just look at the carcus that is Fairfax, broke as, News Corp is only propped up by its Pay TV, printed and online news make bugger all.

a small sub fee pay wall - would be the only thing keeping this going as you say.

WAFL crowds 8 years 4 weeks ago #88726

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839

Bazza wrote:

BC wrote: why would anyone buy it anchor? does it generate revenue? I dont think so...maybe a bit of sponsorship money but that would go pretty quickly in upkeep. if someone was to buy this site they'd have to think long and hard about charging to post on here...maybe a $10 one off registration fee for each poster might be the go.

Have there been any offers BC?

But yep I reckon you are right, the chances of a buyer are slim , money wise lets face it, if this was a goer the current owners would probably be keeping it going or it would of been snapped up by a media bizzo.

Media are struggling all over place to make a quid, advert money is hard to come by, heck just look at the carcus that is Fairfax, broke as, News Corp is only propped up by its Pay TV, printed and online news make bugger all.

a small sub fee pay wall - would be the only thing keeping this going as you say.

So Bazza & BC has anyone put that idea to George & Co, if all posters agreed to a reasonable annual rego fee would they be enough to keep them involved? I'd certainly be more than happy to kick in once a year to keep the forum going.

WAFL crowds 8 years 4 weeks ago #88731

• Time For a Flag
  • Time For a Flag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 133
I'd put in $20. Not being funny but if everyone did there would be $3000 a year (150 times 20). Not bad for a hobby.
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 505 guests and 3 members online

• Royals78
  • Mr AFL
  • Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL