Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

WAFL crowds 8 years 4 weeks ago #88604

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Bazza wrote: Hey moron eagles are building a club house at Latho.

Hey Moron didnt the Dockers build a clubhouse at Freo.
Were South Freo in bed with the Dockers?

Eagles have to get out of Subi,wheres the new stadium...thats right around the corner from Lathlain.

It makes more sense to me to approach East perth and get them to ground share Lathlain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

WAFL crowds 8 years 4 weeks ago #88612

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

Grassy wrote: Not much on Radio Mr AFL.Maybe I kept missing the ads on ABC,when I Occassionally listened to that soft,teddy bear voice,Geoffry Hutchison.

There has been on 6IX for about 2-3 weeks advertising Glenn Mitchell's and John Lennon's commentary. At the moment the station name escapes me.

WAFL crowds 8 years 4 weeks ago #88614

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ArkRoyal wrote: I have always thought that WP, EP, EF and South have fared worse since the 1987 nonsense started. About ten years ago we had just won the flag so I had some Subi stuff on and engaged in a short conversation with the woman next to me in the queue. She was an old WP supporter. I asked when she last went to the WAFL; she said 1981.

I don't need to explain the significance of the year on this site, but it is illustrative in a very small sense -- leaving 1987 and all the rest of it aside -- that people leave clubs for a myriad or reasons.

Forgive me Ark but what is the significance of 1981?

WAFL crowds 8 years 4 weeks ago #88615

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Mad Dog wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: No disrespect Mad Dog but were they living under a rock. You have had the Sunday Times preview last weekend (March 13), season previews of all the clubs on the wafl website over the last month, the season launch broadcast on the WAFL website, channel 7 doing 5-7 minute video previews on all wafl clubs and putting it up on the west website, today tonight doing some feature stories on the WAFL over the last six weeks and channel 7 promoting the start of the season with an advert over the last couple of weeks. Oh and there was a season guide that came out last Wednesday which they started promoting the week before.

I'm an avid follower who rarely buys the paper or watches mainstream television. I didn't see or hear any of that and only bought the paper on Wednesday after hearing there was a liftout in it.

Well they were all there.

WAFL crowds 8 years 4 weeks ago #88618

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Mad Dog wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: No disrespect Mad Dog but were they living under a rock. You have had the Sunday Times preview last weekend (March 13), season previews of all the clubs on the wafl website over the last month, the season launch broadcast on the WAFL website, channel 7 doing 5-7 minute video previews on all wafl clubs and putting it up on the west website, today tonight doing some feature stories on the WAFL over the last six weeks and channel 7 promoting the start of the season with an advert over the last couple of weeks. Oh and there was a season guide that came out last Wednesday which they started promoting the week before.

I'm an avid follower who rarely buys the paper or watches mainstream television. I didn't see or hear any of that and only bought the paper on Wednesday after hearing there was a liftout in it.

Well they were all there.

WAFL crowds 8 years 4 weeks ago #88619

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Wals Dog wrote: Cant speak for others who have dropped off in previous seasons but for mine there are a couple of contributing factors.

Up until last season I was a paid up member and attended 95% of games regardless of location with my to boys.

Admission price isn't an issue though if being honest it's $10 tops. Dropping $5 will not drag them through the gate though.

Biggest issue for me is the ramped up costs once you are inside the gates. And yes you can bring the sandwiches from home and your thermos, but many like me enjoy a quiet ale and a bit of grease. Some grounds are better than others, some should be wearing pirate patches. Venues West is a prime example and I will not step inside the gates at Joondalup while they are involved (or at least there is an alternate option).

Last season I headed to an A Grade amateur club where some mates are involved. Headed down to the home games for the season, quality of footy is not WAFL but then again the standard of WAFL is not what it used to be either. For a day out watching some live footy, having a kick with the kids and a quiet beer on the sidelines you can not beat it. Pricing on food and beverages is great and the atmosphere around the place on most weeks is as good as anywhere.

Fact is WAFL isn't the standard it once it was. Its not the place you go to watch the best of the best anymore yet the charges once inside are based on the elite level.

Some clubs do it better than others, most though have a long way to go. It's a business, if you cant come up with a model that keeps the customer coming back then shut the gates. You can not simply rely on the old faithful turning back up year after year, there is no concession for those that have stuck fat opening there wallets every year. No incentive to renew. I can buy a coffee at my local and be rewarded for the 10th cup being free.

My 2 bobs worth anyway.. I love a game a footy, but I can get just as much enjoyment heading down to the Ammo ground just down the road and my wallet is nowhere near as light for the experience.

Which WAFL club did you follow WD? Also who is your amateur club?

WAFL crowds 8 years 4 weeks ago #88620

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: in a months time we won't have the opportunity to call them anything if this site shuts down.

Best comment on this thread. haha

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

WAFL crowds 8 years 4 weeks ago #88621

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: I know it's each to their own and I'm not having a crack at anyone in particular, but it astounds me that supporters can't go and spend a couple of hours watching a game of footy without pouring piss down their throats. I enjoy a drink more than most but I can't see any good reason to hit the turps during the afternoon when a game is on especially with prices the way they are. Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

You try watching Perth for 37 years straight ;) ;) :P :P :P :P :P :P

WAFL crowds 8 years 4 weeks ago #88622

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

BC wrote: I know it's each to their own and I'm not having a crack at anyone in particular, but it astounds me that supporters can't go and spend a couple of hours watching a game of footy without pouring piss down their throats. I enjoy a drink more than most but I can't see any good reason to hit the turps during the afternoon when a game is on especially with prices the way they are. Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

Funny isn't it? I watch the game at home on TV and I love a beer or 3 with it. When I go to the game I don't touch it. It's got nothing to do with prices, it's just the way I see it.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

WAFL crowds 8 years 4 weeks ago #88623

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
yes, no problem mr AFL. The lady stopped supporting WP because they altered their name to the 'Falcons', which was pretty hard line indeed. If they lost a few over that, they would have also lost more over Joondalup. Ep is similar, in the move to Leederville; a mate of mine stopped going once they left Perth Oval. Naturally, the alignment only further irritated him.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 305 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977