Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 weeks ago #164632

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
if his lifestyle has had an impact on his physical prep and recovery then it is his responsibility.
he has chosen a path off the field which has impacted upon his on-field performance..
pretty simple really..
if he wasnt such a talent he would have been flicked years ago..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 weeks ago #164635

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351

MarkOlsen wrote: if his lifestyle has had an impact on his physical prep and recovery then it is his responsibility.
he has chosen a path off the field which has impacted upon his on-field performance..
pretty simple really..
if he wasnt such a talent he would have been flicked years ago..

According to the club he is contracted to Harley has ticked every box in his preparation. What pray tell do you know that the club isn't aware of?
Get on your bike.

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 weeks ago #164636

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: Agree in part DD...he can't be held responsible for his body failing to keep up with the rigours of AFL footy especially as it sounds like he's ticking every box as he tries to recover....his ongoing calf issues are just an unfortunate fact of life and don't think he'll ever get through them which is a shame. as for his off-field indiscretions, he was also thrown out of a Freo nightclub intoxicated and was sanctioned by the club for interfering with his cousin at quarter time of a WAFL match I think it was....no big deal in isolation but coupled all together starts to paint a picture of a young man with issues.

BC I think this is where things can get distorted. You use the words "thrown out", I'm pretty sure the club said he was asked to leave and did so. I'm not saying he's a Saint but many footballers have done far worse. I think he carries the reputation he got at the Gold Coast for taking cocaine with Carmichael Hunt. He should be judged on what he's done here. That stuff is history.
Get on your bike.

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 weeks ago #164637

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327

DD wrote:

Leather Stops wrote: [quote="gtrxuone"
This is really tricky for Freo BC.Have to very very careful about what they say+do.Going back to last year and what happened to the former Docker.With off field insodents.

That is exactly the reason why he wasnt given the flick after last season GTR as they have seen first hand what unfortunately happened to another ex player in a similar boat to HB!

YeP.[/quote]
Just how long is a club expected to keep a player in cotton wool? Surely a player musat accept some responsibility for his actions.[/quote]
So what actions is he responsible for that causes calf muscle tears? As far as I know the only thing he did wrong off the field was being denied boarding a plane because of being intoxicated, which he complied with without resistance and this was just after tearing his calf after a long period of rehabilitation.[/quote]
DD he had a huge bender New Years eve.Started Mid morning in the Swan Valley.And ended up at the Cott Hotel early evening.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 weeks ago #164638

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
I would have thought turning up to a WAFL game off your head whilst injured, getting removed from a plane whilst intoxicated whilst injured, getting removed form a pub whilst injured is not the behaviour of someone who is giving themself the best chance of recovery from injury.
I would have thought no alcohol would be a small sacrifice to make to ensure the best shot at recovery, especially for someone who has played 2 games in 3 years at Freo.
you and Freo obviously see it differently DD and that is fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, UNKA2

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 weeks ago #164651

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
Anyone who saw HB at the SD vs Peelmantle game in 2017 when he went into the FART huddle at the break would know full well that MO!
I could say more but will leave it at that and let the purple fans continue to believe in fairytales!

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 weeks ago #164653

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Love it how you blokes see a direct link with drinking alcohol and calf strains. You blokes must limp home from the can bar at every home game.
Get on your bike.

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 weeks ago #164659

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116

DD wrote: Love it how you blokes see a direct link with drinking alcohol and calf strains. You blokes must limp home from the can bar at every home game.

Dont think its a link at all, more to the point alcahol when yer recovering a no no with most clubs. The fact he is a multiple offneder only makes it worse....commonsense i would have thought

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 weeks ago #164660

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543

DD wrote: Love it how you blokes see a direct link with drinking alcohol and calf strains. You blokes must limp home from the can bar at every home game.

That's pretty funny DD. I can picture them now walking into the ground like Nureyev and limping out on crutches with a skin full :P

Last edit: by BC.

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 weeks ago #164665

• Unholytugboat
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 100
The alcohol causes dehydration afterwards, your calfs are going to cop it when you run dehydrated.

Surely I'm not the only one who noticed it happened on a Monday.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 299 guests and 5 members online

• pjaye
  • Demons Forever
  • GarlicBreath
  • Whinnen
  • Mightymagpie88

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync