Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Harley Bennell 5 years 1 month ago #163725

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109

DD wrote: Keep hearing positive things about how Harley is travelling saying he's in the best shape he's been in since coming to Fremantle. I'm sure they are referring to his calves. They say they've tried a different tac this pre season. Previously Lyon had said his calves were one of the weakest when he arrived here but now are the strongest at the club. Maybe they went too far trying to strengthen the calf area before.

Hopefully he can also stay out of trouble off the field. Will be very handy up forward around the big blokes but TBH I don't care if he's playing in a back pocket. If his body holds up he will be a bonus.

Any truth he has damage to one of his legs following training last Friday?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Harley Bennell 5 years 1 month ago #163726

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
Yep and I reckon that's it for Harley. I can't ever see him being capable of playing AFL footy again because his body won't allow him to. I know they are playing it down as a minor strain but we've heard that before. Will no doubt play a few games for Peel but I can't see him making it back to AFL level.
Get on your bike.

Harley Bennell 5 years 1 month ago #163780

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
His manager Colin Young put a pretty positive spin on his latest injury yesterday. Fingers crossed.
Get on your bike.

Harley Bennell 5 years 1 month ago #163782

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
I'm sorry to say DD that I think you got it right the first time. He'll play a few games for Peel but can't see him making at back at AFL level....his legs just aren't up to it. It's a shame as I would have liked to see what he can do on the big stage but alas, it's not to be.

Harley Bennell 5 years 1 month ago #163999

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: I'm sorry to say DD that I think you got it right the first time. He'll play a few games for Peel but can't see him making at back at AFL level....his legs just aren't up to it. It's a shame as I would have liked to see what he can do on the big stage but alas, it's not to be.[/quote)
From AFL today : "Harley sustained an injury to his left calf this morning while training away from the main playing group on a modified program," general manager of football Peter Bell said.
"Our medical staff will await the results of a scan, which will establish the extent of the injury, the treatment required and a recovery plan." (Monday 18th Feb)

Harley Bennell 5 years 1 month ago #164001

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Another calf injury this morning apparently which seems to be more serious than last weeks "minor strain". I feel for the guy but maybe its time for him to try something else and for the Dockers to let him go. His body seems to be not up to the demands of AFL.

Harley Bennell 5 years 1 month ago #164006

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yep I'd say that's finito for Harley's footy career at any level. Will probably end up at Peel next year but probably spend most weeks on the sidelines.
Get on your bike.

Harley Bennell 5 years 1 month ago #164011

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
I have rung Christian Barnard and found my old iron lung, will deliver them to mandurah tomorrow!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Harley Bennell 5 years 1 month ago #164025

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
Poor bloke. A knee injury stopped me playing Z grade footy and left me pretty depressed, for a bloke of Harleys talent and not being able to get out there must just be absolutely shattering.

Harley Bennell 5 years 1 month ago #164041

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Tiger of old wrote: Poor bloke. A knee injury stopped me playing Z grade footy and left me pretty depressed, for a bloke of Harleys talent and not being able to get out there must just be absolutely shattering.

And financially ruined.. Could sue Fremantle for damages..

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 300 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes