Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Big Bash VIII 5 years 2 months ago #162739

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
Finally a decent weekend for WA Cricket this summer with the Scorchers running down the Sixers 178 at PS yesterday following on from a very good performance by the WA boys Richardson (4/26), Behrendorff (2/39), Stoinis (47* & 2/60) and S.Marsh (54) for Australia vs India in the ODI on Saturday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Big Bash VIII 5 years 2 months ago #162749

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Add in Shorts 96 last night too BH.....tho in this day and age with 3rd umpires, cameras left right and centre, strange those 4 leg byes from Shorts bat weren't over turned and added to the fellas score.....also that "no ball" of Bird too was a shocker.....100s in 20/20 are hard to come by as it is without the ump missing the obvious and depriving folk one....7 ball over, missed boundary, obvious no ball.....obviously the umps are getting fatigued.....LOL

Last edit: by Freezin.

Big Bash VIII 5 years 2 months ago #162750

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116

Freezin wrote: Add in Shorts 96 last night too BH.....tho in this day and age with 3rd umpires, cameras left right and centre, strange those 4 leg byes from Shorts bat weren't over turned and added to the fellas score.....also that "no ball" of Bird too was a shocker.....100s in 20/20 are hard to come by as it is without the ump missing the obvious and depriving folk one....7 ball over, missed boundary, obvious no ball.....obviously the umps are getting fatigued.....LOL

All to do with the game that is played under the entertainment banner. Its about the match day "experience", bucket heads moronic play school music, cooees etc and of course the $$$. Mistakes bad calls,ACB dont really care! Good on the people who enjoy it. Fun night out for the masses

Big Bash VIII 5 years 2 months ago #162762

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Unk I used to go to the BBL in the early days at the WACA but went down to PS the other week and it really is a night out made for the simple folk these days.
The 2 MC's who must be millennials yelling down the mic to the crowd after the Scorchers had batted first that Klinger was in smashing form (24 runs from 28 balls or thereabouts which is a dreadful strikerate in T20) :blink: and then obviously didnt realise there are actually 2 innings to a game of limited overs cricket thinking the Scorchers had won after batting first (the Heat went on to win easliy after this brainfade)!! :blush:
Dont think I will be back for a while will just watch on the box rather than have my intelligence insulted by these clowns!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: UNKA2, ArkRoyal

Big Bash VIII 5 years 2 months ago #162899

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Looks like the season is just about done and dusted for the Scorchers after they failed to defend 177 tonight. The reinforcements are coming but they have 5 games left and would have to win them all to sneak in to finals which looks beyond them given the lack of consistency they have shown this year. Losing Agar has deprived them of one of their best "containing" bowlers.Just hasnt been their year.

Big Bash VIII 5 years 2 months ago #162903

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Klinger must be thinking he’s run over a chinaman, out on an iffy lbw this time.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Big Bash VIII 5 years 2 months ago #162904

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote: Unk I used to go to the BBL in the early days at the WACA but went down to PS the other week and it really is a night out made for the simple folk these days.
The 2 MC's who must be millennials yelling down the mic to the crowd after the Scorchers had batted first that Klinger was in smashing form (24 runs from 28 balls or thereabouts which is a dreadful strikerate in T20) :blink: and then obviously didnt realise there are actually 2 innings to a game of limited overs cricket thinking the Scorchers had won after batting first (the Heat went on to win easliy after this brainfade)!! :blush:
Dont think I will be back for a while will just watch on the box rather than have my intelligence insulted by these clowns!!

Seriously thank you ... look for kids etc and a night of fun its probably great. Good on people who enjoy this stuff. DO we really need songs like "if yer happy and you know it clap yer hands!!"or one potatoe 2 potato 3 potatoes more?. Surely the game with its colour and bif hitting is enought to keep the mind occupied?. I watch it a bit too in the background at home. Like most stuff on tv these days it appeals to the lowest common denominator. People actually watch my kitchen rules masterchef etc etc . Still i spose i am having an old mans rant.

Big Bash VIII 5 years 2 months ago #162908

• gtrxuone
  • gtrxuone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
The ODI's are finished and two SriLanka tests are about to start.So the BBL sides will get players back.Perth will get Richardson and Berendorf+ the Marsh brother's. 177 was a good total after losing 3 early wickets.But the Hurricanes bat really deep.
Lte Edit.Richardson replacing the injured Hazelwood in the Sri Lanka test series.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Big Bash VIII 5 years 2 months ago #162909

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Spot on Unk that is exactly who it is designed for lowest common denominator simple folk who dress in silly shirts, try and start a mind numbing mexican wave after 1 over and boo when the members ignore the garbage, need all this bullshite music like "Happy and you know it" or "Hey Oh" to keep the entertainment up in that 20 second gap between balls and fire blasts going off 6 times after a 6 even if its already 40 degrees because the cricket itself is not enough entertainment in that 3 hour slot!
Fark me how would these guys go at a Test match for 5 x 8 hour days understanding the vagaries of the traditional game?
Even for sports fanatics like myself it has well and truly reached a point of no going back literally!

Big Bash VIII 5 years 2 months ago #162910

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote: Spot on Unk that is exactly who it is designed for lowest common denominator simple folk who dress in silly shirts, try and start a mind numbing mexican wave after 1 over and boo when the members ignore the garbage, need all this bullshite music like "Happy and you know it" or "Hey Oh" to keep the entertainment up in that 20 second gap between balls and fire blasts going off 6 times after a 6 even if its already 40 degrees because the cricket itself is not enough entertainment in that 3 hour slot!
Fark me how would these guys go at a Test match for 5 x 8 hour days understanding the vagaries of the traditional game?
Even for sports fanatics like myself it has well and truly reached a point of no going back literally!

well said BH. When i see 45 plus year olds wearing a bucket on their head i really wonder, ya know if they asked people to smear dog shyte on em by the marketers, i really worry that the WOULD People say tests are boring, YET it can ebb and flow in every session, and there are many options, follow ons , declarations, timing of declarations, concentration over 8hrs plus, bowlers busting their gonads for 20 plus overs a day. Very unprdictable.
20/20 generally every match the chase is between 130 and 170 ( yes there is the occassional difference), thats far more boring and predictable that test cricket to me. If i want mindless entertainment as such i will go to the movies and watch superheroes walk through 245 rounds of a4 automatic rifle shots. Well done to the players who reap the $$$, YET nearly all strive for the green cap as test players!!

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 616 guests and 2 members online

• Swedgen
  • KCachard

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL