Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

ODI series V India 5 years 2 months ago #162758

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
No probs MO.....I'll ask Warnie..... if you have a word to your boys Trev and Greg too....quite surprised Trev and Greg over ruled you on the Pucovski selection mate.......LOL....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ODI series V India 5 years 2 months ago #162759

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Greg Chappell listens to Greg Chappell, destroys Australian cricket every time they give him a job.

ODI series V India 5 years 2 months ago #162760

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
Brilliant innings so far by Shaun Marsh and well supported by Maxwell. Should get to 300 but will it be enough?

Last edit: by BC.

ODI series V India 5 years 2 months ago #162761

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
2 wickets in 3 balls....maybe they won't get to 300 after all.

ODI series V India 5 years 2 months ago #162765

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

MarkOlsen wrote: Greg Chappell listens to Greg Chappell, destroys Australian cricket every time they give him a job.

I don't think it is only Australian cricket, no matter what job post his playing career it hasn't seemed to have gone well. Yet he always gets another gig time and time again, oh well good luck to the bloke.
Has always been somewhat of a surprise to me, that being how he keeps managing to get key roles (either state, national or international) somehow it always ends up a dogs breakfast.
And he used to bleat about Bradman and the alleged entrenched elitism and the so called hierarchy at the ACB. He should be given the bums rush quick smart and rolled underarm out the way like a bowling ball.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

ODI series V India 5 years 2 months ago #162766

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

BC wrote: Brilliant innings so far by Shaun Marsh and well supported by Maxwell. Should get to 300 but will it be enough?

And should lock him in for an Ashes tour and World Cup later this year too, certainly showed his class once again. Maxwell did ok, but one thinks that Mitch Marsh would be a better option at 7 as his bowling brings more to the table.

ODI series V India 5 years 2 months ago #162767

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Maxwell is just so unorthodox that he has to be in the team for the World Cup. I would suggest batting him at 5, then Head at 6 and Mitch Marsh or Stoinis at 7. This gives Maxwell an opportunity to post a really big score if he gets going but there is also some batting behind him if he gets out cheaply. I think Khawaja and Handscomb may miss the cut especially if Warner returns. I would also have D'arcy Short over Finch but can you drop the captain?

I notice that Siddle is also getting a bit of a touch up in the chase. Why he is playing ahead of Stanlake is a mystery to me.

Last edit: by mikeh.

ODI series V India 5 years 2 months ago #162768

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Maxwell not really up to it, and does he fit the Langer creed of being a good bloke? Not really, and when there are ready made players such as Mitch who fits the criteria. Coulter-Nile would seem a better fit than either Siddle or Stanlake and gives something with the bat down the order.

ODI series V India 5 years 2 months ago #162772

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
How much longer can Australia keep carrying underperforming Victorian hacks like Finch & Siddle?

ODI series V India 5 years 2 months ago #162773

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote: Maxwell is just so unorthodox that he has to be in the team for the World Cup. I would suggest batting him at 5, then Head at 6 and Mitch Marsh or Stoinis at 7. This gives Maxwell an opportunity to post a really big score if he gets going but there is also some batting behind him if he gets out cheaply. I think Khawaja and Handscomb may miss the cut especially if Warner returns. I would also have D'arcy Short over Finch but can you drop the captain?

I notice that Siddle is also getting a bit of a touch up in the chase. Why he is playing ahead of Stanlake is a mystery to me.

Yep...couldn't agree more Mike...give Stanlane a crack and put Piddle out to pasture.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 375 guests and 4 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Success Hill
  • Southerner
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes