Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Is Shorten about to blow it. 4 years 10 months ago #168031

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
Gotta' love how this myth persists in the community that the LNP are better economic managers than Labor.

It just isn't so folks, and the numbers over many years prove it.

johnmenadue.com/john-menadue-the-myth-th...r-economic-managers/

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/m...y?CMP=share_btn_link

The budget papers ... show that the Howard government was the highest taxing government in Australia's history. In 2004-05 and 2005-06, the tax to GDP ratio reached a record high 24.2 per cent. In addition, there have been only seven occasions where the tax to GDP ratio has been in excess of 23.5 per cent of GDP and all seven were under the Howard government.

In a similar vein, in the last 30 years, there have been 10 occasions when the tax to GDP ratio has been below 22.0 per cent of GDP and all 10 were under a Labor Government. To put simply, the Howard government was a high taxer, while the current Labor Government is a lower taxer.

In terms of government spending, there have been only five years in the four decades leading up to 2012-13 when real government spending was cut in real terms. None of those cuts were delivered by a Coalition government.

www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-12/dunlop-th...c-management/6308704

Off course no one is going to change their minds if they don't get their eyes away from the Murdoch/Stokes press, and off Sky After Dark.

Labor will win by at least 8 seats. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is Shorten about to blow it. 4 years 10 months ago #168040

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Jacko, living up there in Thailand, you can afford to be a bit flippant about getting the bagman into government. I’m on the verge of retirement, so am very concerned about the little prick stealing some of my retirement fund. Don’t forget, the little prick is also looking at bringing back the death tax - another way the turd can steal from people.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Is Shorten about to blow it. 4 years 10 months ago #168048

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
the liberals have a bigger primary vote
16 per cent are supporting parties whose leaders are hostile to the ALP
just 12 per cent are going to vote green to counteract the 16 per cent

On all of those figures together, they are being quite brave calling a 51 49 two party preferred to the ALP

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

Is Shorten about to blow it. 4 years 10 months ago #168053

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
The Wa polls have been very erratic like Queenslands.The latest Galaxy poll on Friday has Labour crawling back ground.But the Greens vote collapsed in Wa.52 v 48 with the LNP in front.But what's interesting is the LNP hold some Wa seats by massive margins.Will be interesting to see what happens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Is Shorten about to blow it. 4 years 10 months ago #168054

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
gtr: the polls with 51-49 to ALP have factorred in a 1.5 per cent to Labor on the last election. If that swing holds in Dutton's seat he will hang on by a few votes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Is Shorten about to blow it. 4 years 10 months ago #168059

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327

ArkRoyal wrote: gtr: the polls with 51-49 to ALP have factorred in a 1.5 per cent to Labor on the last election. If that swing holds in Dutton's seat he will hang on by a few votes.

Was just watching Sky News Ark.They showed polling in marginal seats all over Australia. The further north you go the better the LNP seem to do.United Australia are running at 10% up in Qld.That might save Dutton.
Don't know what Labour are doing in Wa.Ive been moved from Perth to Stirling where Keenan has stepped down.But have not received any Labour adds in the Letterbox and Lnp stuff allmost every day.They have given up on Stirling but are pumping there resources somewhere.Cowan,Hasluck,Swan.Pearce.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Is Shorten about to blow it. 4 years 10 months ago #168063

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273

58shark wrote: Jacko, living up there in Thailand, you can afford to be a bit flippant about getting the bagman into government. I’m on the verge of retirement, so am very concerned about the little prick stealing some of my retirement fund. Don’t forget, the little prick is also looking at bringing back the death tax - another way the turd can steal from people.

58, my living in Thailand (I am actually in Broome at the moment) doesn't change the fact of which flavour of government is the better economic managers.

Being retired, and partially living on my super pension, I am also interested in how a Labor government is able to "steal" part of that fund. As far as I am aware, the only thing they were looking at is taking away the gift that SMSF holders get from franking credits when they don't otherwise pay tax.

Only place in the world that it happens I believe, and a total Lil" Johnny rort.

The "Labor Death Duties" meme is total fake news.

8 seats minimum.

Is Shorten about to blow it. 4 years 10 months ago #168064

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1349
Isn't taxing franking credits double dipping? What I've been told is franking credits are like a bonus after tax payment. The company has already paid tax on behalf of the shareholder the same way a company takes tax out for a PAYG employee or sub contractor. So then taxing the franking credit is like taxing the take home pay. Sounds very typical of Labor. Got to fatten up the super of those slack public servants somehow I suppose.
Get on your bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leather Stops

Is Shorten about to blow it. 4 years 10 months ago #168075

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
I can understand where Labor is coming from as refunds of franking credits for those with a taxable income of less than the threshold of $18,200 effectively means no tax is paid on that portion of a company's profits. i.e the company pays it and the retiree who doesn't pay any tax claims it back. I do however, feel for those who have structured their finances to take advantage of the current arrangement as it's been around for almost 20 years and hope it's phased over time or similar.

Is Shorten about to blow it. 4 years 10 months ago #168077

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
If a corporation makes a profit they should pay the corporate tax rate on that gross profit and thats where it should end, it shouldn't be refunded when it goes into shareholders pockets, just another unsustainable John Howard tax change.

Last edit: by Tiger of old.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 325 guests and 3 members online

• Success Hill
  • Southerner
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes