Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160492

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

BC wrote: As far as I'm concerned, when the new GST distribution model kicks in and state debt starts to get paid down and becomes a distant memory, I think a statue to Colin Barnett should be erected at the new stadium. After all, it was his government that built the thing plus Yagan Square, Perth Gateway, City Link, the kids hospital, Elizabeth Quay and so on. Love him or hate him, he actually got stuff done.

BC he certainly did: he lost our triple A credit rating during a mining boom. There was going to be a new stadium: Barnett chose to ignore the report as to the best location for the new stadium. And to preempt your and/or BH's comment the person who produced the report was a former Under-Treasurer and by no means a Labor stooge and to paraphrase Wally Foreman the cost at the time of the production of the report was going to cost an additional $200 million dollars for the footings if the stadium was to be built at its current location.

How anachronistic is the naming of Elizabeth Quay? During Barnett's government's commitment to developing Perth's rail network?

And without be unduly pedantic there has not been a change to the GST distribution. Was Barnett part of the government of the day that signed on for the GST?

The new Children's hospital: maybe wait 10-15 years to see if his decision to not put in an additional floor was typical of his lac of vision.

42 are you suggesting the new 60+k seated Perth Stadium should NOT have been built in its now iconic Burswood location on the beautiful Swan River banks with the parklands and lakes surround???

Yeah, as you know Sean has been pushing that BS ever since Colin did it, its only because its a Liberal and Not Labor plan he hates it, remember Labor basically lost the election when they came and out late just before the election and said he would cancel Burswood and move it back to Subi,,,ffs what a goose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, BC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160494

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The fact remains there hasn't been a decent high achieving Labor state government in the entire history of the state..

WA Inc anyone...
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160495

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote: I know people are interested in what was happening on Sky News tonight. Paul Murray has had an absolute meltdown tonight. I won't mention what he called Julia Banks but in my opinion it is totally unacceptable. And you can google what he said if you are interested but I won't quote what he said and put the owner of this site at risk.

He also chose to refer to Fairfax papers as the Channel 9 papers without referring to Sky News as the Murdoch channel.

FFS Sean ...you are addicted to Sky News, mate I reckon you are Andrew Bolt in drag.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160496

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543

Bazza wrote:

BC wrote: As far as I'm concerned, when the new GST distribution model kicks in and state debt starts to get paid down and becomes a distant memory, I think a statue to Colin Barnett should be erected at the new stadium. After all, it was his government that built the thing plus Yagan Square, Perth Gateway, City Link, the kids hospital, Elizabeth Quay and so on. Love him or hate him, he actually got stuff done.

Agree fully mate, history will prove he was one of the best go ahead Premiers we have had since Charles Court the one and only other one with a statue..

Just got may Man U v Leeds tickets, at the new stadium - thanks again Colin

Yep...agree with you on that one Baz....although Barney probably hung on too long and should have handed over the reins before the last state election...the only problem being to whom?

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160497

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
Ahh you mean the underground train tunnel experiencing one problem after another? I can tell you now that will be one of the most expensive pieces of rail on the planet with a train station in no man's land that as a result closed the main road to Terminal 3 & 4 which the donkeys want to shut down which will prove to be a catastrophic mistake in decades to come.

Anyone is a fool who thinks a one size fits all airport terminal will service the needs of a state with enormous scope for growth.

Bazza who takes responsibility for the car park fiasco at the PCH that cost us about a $100,000 per week we've had to write a cheque to some interstate car park management company for a car park built by our government?

Give me a credit card with no limit that someone else will pay off later on and I will impress you with some great infrastructure projects we can all be proud of.
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160498

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Bazza wrote: The fact remains there hasn't been a decent high achieving Labor state government in the entire history of the state..

WA Inc anyone...

I don't disagree Baz but also think Sneakers isn't doing a bad job and his government has been reasonably responsible so far even with Fran Logan and Sue Ellery acting as hand brakes...which I might add is just as well as there's not a lot of talent on the conservative benches at the moment.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160499

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

DD wrote: Ahh you mean the underground train tunnel experiencing one problem after another? I can tell you now that will be one of the most expensive pieces of rail on the planet with a train station in no man's land that as a result closed the main road to Terminal 3 & 4 which the donkeys want to shut down which will prove to be a catastrophic mistake in decades to come.

Anyone is a fool who thinks a one size fits all airport terminal will service the needs of a state with enormous scope for growth.

Bazza who takes responsibility for the car park fiasco at the PCH that cost us about a $100,000 per week we've had to write a cheque to some interstate car park management company for a car park built by our government?

DD...did you miss the announcement last week that work has started on the airbridge to link the station with the airport terminals? also you must also have missed the other one a couple of months ago announcing a $1.5 billion commitment by the airports corporation to bring it up to 21st century future requirements.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160500

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327

Bazza wrote: The fact remains there hasn't been a decent high achieving Labor state government in the entire history of the state..

WA Inc anyone...

Baz there was a one term Labour in the early 1970's.John Tonkin he was a good Premier .But unfortunately ran into Sir Charles Court in his bid for re-election.
Dr Gallop was also a good Premier for 6 years.And as soon as he left the Carpenter government went into meltdown.
Carmen Lawrence inherited a poison chalice. And almost beat Richard Court in 1993.In a dead in the water election for the ALP.After Burkey and Dowding.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160501

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351

BC wrote:

DD wrote: Ahh you mean the underground train tunnel experiencing one problem after another? I can tell you now that will be one of the most expensive pieces of rail on the planet with a train station in no man's land that as a result closed the main road to Terminal 3 & 4 which the donkeys want to shut down which will prove to be a catastrophic mistake in decades to come.

DD...did you miss the announcement last week that work has started on the airbridge to link the station with the airport terminals? also you must also have missed the other one a couple of months ago announcing a $1.5 billion commitment by the airports corporation to bring it up to 21st century future requirements.

Glad you brought that up BC. The NUMBER ONE problem with Terminal 1 and 2 is it's PATHETIC PISSY 2 lanes fits all road system in and out of that terminal. It is inferior to the old terminal 3 and 4 road system that has 3 split lanes separated by islands to separate taxis, buses and rideshare and public.

That cock head Kevin Brown talked about a new experience "from kerb to departure". The guy is blind to what is a totally inadequate road system in and out of those terminals. Brisbane has 7 lanes in and out of their terminal including a sky train. Any good airport has substantial lanes in and out of the airport. Until they get that right forget about embarrassing yourself and bragging about our airport.
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

Victorian state election result 5 years 4 months ago #160502

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I'm certainly not bragging about the airport DD....just stating facts. I arrived back from Vietnam on Tuesday of last week and whilst it wasn't too painful an experience coming in as it was the only flight on the deck, it shits me that we still have to go through a Marshall before leaving the arrivals hall. No other international airport I've been through in recent times has similar. If more than one plane is arriving at the same time, we see queues a mile long at the Marshall point. Also we have those woeful stairs to navigate when boarding an aircraft going out....so no...I'm not a huge fan either but thought you were off the mark in your comments about the rail link and future development of the airport.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 316 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes