Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 11 months ago #168390

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

mikeh wrote:

Leedy wrote:

Leedy wrote: Can anyone at Basso explain the Face Book add headed "Swans,Hampson host Sharks". Why would you give the Sharks any fuel whatsoever ???

I rest my case...............

I think that dreadful article that was published about 3 weeks ago where Hampson critcised Mognahan had more motivation
al impact than this weekends post Leedy. All pretty brainless really.

Mike,

I like the Swannies and from what I saw at Joondalup a fortnight ago and from the start you have had, it does not give a true indication of where you guys are at. You have been better than us at WP in actual fact but it pisses me off massively when I read material like the 2 x articles and question and say to myself "what good can come of it". I firmly believe Swans would have won that game if the articles wee not posted, dumb decision by those in charge. Some of you may disagree but I think this proves you would be wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 11 months ago #168392

• FIN
  • Thank you received: 4

Leedy wrote:

mikeh wrote:

Leedy wrote:

Leedy wrote: Can anyone at Basso explain the Face Book add headed "Swans,Hampson host Sharks". Why would you give the Sharks any fuel whatsoever ???

I think that dreadful article that was published about 3 weeks ago where Hampson critcised Mognahan had more motivation

Mike,

I like the Swannies and from what I saw at Joondalup a fortnight ago and from the start you have had, it does not give a true indication of where you guys are at. You have been better than us at WP in actual fact but it pisses me off massively when I read material like the 2 x articles and question and say to myself "what good can come of it". I firmly believe Swans would have won that game if the articles wee not posted, dumb decision by those in charge. Some of you may disagree but I think this proves you would be wrong.

Leedy

Im left wondering..
If as you say one of the inspirations for the EFFC win was the malicious posts allowed to go to print by persons unknown at SD - I personally agree that this may have been in the mind of some if not many of the players.
How would you suppose this had then effected the SD players such that as has been posted here they turned in a lack luster performance and did not come to play on the day??
That's a lot of Mojo for two posts to have on two different teams?

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 11 months ago #168397

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

FIN wrote:

Leedy wrote:

mikeh wrote:

Leedy wrote:

Mike,

Leedy

Im left wondering..
If as you say one of the inspirations for the EFFC win was the malicious posts allowed to go to print by persons unknown at SD - I personally agree that this may have been in the mind of some if not many of the players.
How would you suppose this had then effected the SD players such that as has been posted here they turned in a lack luster performance and did not come to play on the day??
That's a lot of Mojo for two posts to have on two different teams?

I'm with you FIN. If a team needs an opposition to disrespect them before they get motivated, it doesnt say much for them. Yesterday was purely a case of one team turning up to play and the other team not. I still think that the club needs to vet their social media posts better though

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168435

• swansfan4life
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132
Swans have had 28 players play league for them this year. 19 of them have played every game, and our leading goalscorer for the season has only kicked 9 goals.

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168436

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

mikeh wrote: I don't know if the facebook post about Hampson gave EF any ammunition today but to me it just reiterated where the club is at the moment. More concerned about social media posts or Tallen Ames screeching at the crowd or kids zones or chase the Swan. Style over substance. At least the Sharks are going in the right direction under Mognahan. Swans are going nowhere. At the quarter time break in which Swans had been outplayed by East Fremantle but were still within striking distance, Pickering exhorted the players to give him 30 minutes of effort. What they gave him in the 2nd quarter was absolutely nothing and the Sharks would have probably iced the game by halftime if some of their disposals had been more precise. I can accept when my team is beaten by a more skilled or talented outfit but I cannot tolerate a lack of effort by a majority of those guys out there today. I am starting to wonder whether Pickering's message is cutting through to the players but I think its simplistic to just blame the malaise on the coach.

You have to laugh Mike as all the kidszone and all that is great for the kids when they are at the ground but do you really think they their parents or guardians are going to want to bring them along knowing full well Swans will lose yet again as they have done at home for 12 months now!
A simple solution to getting people to attend our games is to actually start winning for a change and at the very least giving 4 qtrs of absolute 100% effort and intensity rather than the shite dished up all too regularly over the last 4 seasons!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeh

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168438

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

Beasley Hutton wrote:

mikeh wrote: I don't know if the facebook post about Hampson gave EF any ammunition today but to me it just reiterated where the club is at the moment. More concerned about social media posts or Tallen Ames screeching at the crowd or kids zones or chase the Swan. Style over substance. At least the Sharks are going in the right direction under Mognahan. Swans are going nowhere. At the quarter time break in which Swans had been outplayed by East Fremantle but were still within striking distance, Pickering exhorted the players to give him 30 minutes of effort. What they gave him in the 2nd quarter was absolutely nothing and the Sharks would have probably iced the game by halftime if some of their disposals had been more precise. I can accept when my team is beaten by a more skilled or talented outfit but I cannot tolerate a lack of effort by a majority of those guys out there today. I am starting to wonder whether Pickering's message is cutting through to the players but I think its simplistic to just blame the malaise on the coach.

You have to laugh Mike as all the kidszone and all that is great for the kids when they are at the ground but do you really think they their parents or guardians are going to want to bring them along knowing full well Swans will lose yet again as they have done at home for 12 months now!
A simple solution to getting people to attend our games is to actually start winning for a change and at the very least giving 4 qtrs of absolute 100% effort and intensity rather than the shite dished up all too regularly over the last 4 seasons!

The thing that frustrates me most was that if Swans had played with the same intensity and desperation as they did a few weeks ago against Subiaco, they would have beaten the Sharks by 10 goals. With that same effort they would have beaten East Perth in round 2, Perth in round 3 and possibly even South in Round 1. Its just that they don't want to do it every week apart from Notte and Turner who give their all every game.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168439

• therealswansman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64

therealswansman wrote: Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.
So is the Board insane.
They should have shown Smart the door years ago, long before Harding fell on his sword.
Rather than go with what we have Smart recruits players of substance and character to the club,
Dayle Garlett, - always a problem child who we couldn't get rid of quick enough in the first place
Chris Yarran - who Carlton couldn't get rid of quick enough
Murray Newman - who previously walked out of a game at Qtr time, we entice him back with $20k upfront and he never played again
Ryan Crowley - convicted AFL drug cheat, what a great influence on our young players
Slater, Wytick, Clutterbuck,Payne, Howlett,- all list fillers but didn't bring anything we didn't already have.
The time for change is now..
But shh, don't mention it to the Fireman or otherwise he might never fulfill his destiny of becoming the worst President in the History of the club.

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168441

• Beasley Hutton
TRSM I don’t remember us recruiting Dayle Garlett back after his meltdown at Hawthorn and the aftermath he was incarcerated wasn’t he?
I can understand them giving those guys the opportunity to resurrect their football careers at the club they started with but ultimately they let us down again so a fail there.
I never ever understood the recruitment of Crowley who I have never seen step foot in Bassendean Oval since retiring.
They should have looked at a 23yo big bodied quick mid instead of washed up 30+ yo to help our young midfield brigade not to mention the failed Xavier Ellis coaching and very occasionally playing type.

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168442

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
dotn disagree with the above but on-field on saturday has nothing to do with the off-field..
we had 10-12 blokes who didnt have a go, the low tackle and possesion numbers from certain blokes showed they just didnt work hard enough.

the fact we were a chance of winnign the game at 3/4 time was down to the efforts of Riggs and Hampson who were tireless in the midfield. Turner was ok but seen him play better. Blokes getting run down all day from not taking the first option.
we have decent key forwards so no idea why we didnt want to move it quick to them.
Griffin towelled up Blakes, jus too big and strong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168450

• Beasley Hutton
Yes Griffin was easily BOG MO giving Eardley, Kommer & co first use out of the clearances, which makes it even stranger to see Gault playing Full Back instead of going up against Griffin for longer.
How was the total lack of physical attention given to Boekhorst who turned his nose at coming back to us compared to EF blokes giving Hampson a working over despite the fact he was sacked by them?
You have to wonder the mindset down there when Boekhorst isn’t worked over physically from before the first bounce to the last, weak as .... springs to mind!

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 524 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog