Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168322

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Well done to the Sharks for a throughly deserved victory. They were first to the ball all day and wanted it so much more than Swans. The fact is now that Swans have lost 14 out of the last 16 including 9 losses in a row at Bassendean. Someone has to be accountable for this performance, we are now accepting mediocrity and accepting a losing culture. Todays first half was as bad as anything I have seen over the last few years, same old players putting in. Most of the team looked uninterested for all apart from the 3rd quarter. As a supporter I am fed up with this garbage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168340

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I don't know if the facebook post about Hampson gave EF any ammunition today but to me it just reiterated where the club is at the moment. More concerned about social media posts or Tallen Ames screeching at the crowd or kids zones or chase the Swan. Style over substance. At least the Sharks are going in the right direction under Mognahan. Swans are going nowhere. At the quarter time break in which Swans had been outplayed by East Fremantle but were still within striking distance, Pickering exhorted the players to give him 30 minutes of effort. What they gave him in the 2nd quarter was absolutely nothing and the Sharks would have probably iced the game by halftime if some of their disposals had been more precise. I can accept when my team is beaten by a more skilled or talented outfit but I cannot tolerate a lack of effort by a majority of those guys out there today. I am starting to wonder whether Pickering's message is cutting through to the players but I think its simplistic to just blame the malaise on the coach.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168342

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
mikeh: has the swan mascot got genuine pace?

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168343

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ArkRoyal wrote: mikeh: has the swan mascot got genuine pace?

Was hot footing it around the outer today but I think he needs to lose a few kg to come into contention for a midfielder role

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168348

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Between FB, website, Swans leadership and of course George himself a big shout out and a round of thanks for providing East Fremantle with ample ammunition and inspiration to notch their first win of the season (and probably one of their few, until hopefully Swans provide similar inspiration later in the season).
Hopefully the leadership at other clubs can follow the dimwitted mentality that permitted these self centred articles/posts as this type of inspiration is greatly appreciated. Alas I'm not sure the rest of the competition will be so generous.
But Swan Districts have - and cheers to you

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168350

• FIN
  • Thank you received: 4
Well ..... Finally reward for actual effort and the Players at EFFC finally are understanding Billy's game plan and following it - lapses but none the less a big win

To whomever is running the SDFC FB site and allowing the current drivel to be included - "IT SUCKS TO BE YOU"

Hampson received his comeuppance and learned he is NOT the 'messiah'.

To all the SDFC supporters - thank you for once again showing the passion and spirit that WAFL clubs can learn from in a general sense. We all have our wood-ducks but that aside, its always a pleasure to get on down to Duck Town and enjoy grass roots footy

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168356

• ROYAL 2019
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
What do you guys think of Mitch Howlett?

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168357

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872

ROYAL 2019 wrote: What do you guys think of Mitch Howlett?

Umm not much to be honest Royal he is short, slow and barely touches the footy.
We already have plenty of small players his type what we need are bigger bodied mids with pace.
God knows why he was recruited as we have better players in our Reserves not getting a League game!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168359

• ROYAL 2019
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
His strength is inside ball at which he is excellent. He might slow you guys down though, can’t wait for our game at Bassendean. If Howlett hasn’t done the dirty on Swans and pissed off it could be interesting. The game might decide who finishes last also if we are realistic.

Swans v Sharks at Bassendean 4 years 10 months ago #168361

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872
Mike I was extremely fortunate to be in the presence of SDFC royalty with many of our 1980s stars in attendance upstairs at the club yesterday.
The likes of Nowotny, Langsford, Richardson, Fogarty, Solin, Holmes, Mullooly, Fitzgerald, Outridge, Hoyer, Dawson etc were all there and as we know most of those blokes would have given their right arm on the field for a SD win but they had to witness one of the most softest, weakest, effortless, half hearted exhibitions of supposed WAFL League footy imaginable from a team who have won only 2 games in the last 12 months or so and havent walked off Bassendean Oval with a win in a year.
EF were not much better than us skill wise (we are atrocious in that field) but left us for dead in effort, intensity and determination.
They had about 60 more disposals but glaringly also laid 30 or 40 more tackles, how many times has that happened in the last few seasons-plenty, which suggests we have a lazy uncommitted group playing for us.
I dont coach bash and I stood up for Harding when many thought he should have gone earlier but it wouldnt matter if Jack Oatey or Phil Matsen were coaching the current SD League side as none of the players seem to listen or care and have no idea how to fashion in a win through either grit and determination or by skill and precision.
At the very least 6 players should be dropped for the spineless non effort put up yesterday and young boys like Daniels, Hackett, Coniglio, Dean, Riley, Italiano, Bill, Ireland, Beck, Hinder, Farrant, Clarke. Smith etc given at least a month of senior footy to acclimatise to the level and demands as the current incumbents have had many an opportunity and failed to grasp it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeh, ArkRoyal

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 223 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL