Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Royals at Leederville 5 years 5 days ago #166497

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: Are we playing hard fellas or are we just shit?

Dreadful game, dreadful performance that is both games this season now so safe to say the latter DW.
The same 2 or 3 blokes week in week out carry the side whilst the rest are pretenders.
Kicking and handball standards continue to plummet to putrid levels, decision making horrendous, work rate well short of the level required, footy smarts non existent.
As one who grew up with the ruthless SD sides of the 1980s it is disturbing to see how far our club has fallen away in the last 30 years to the extent now were we have become a club every team expects to wrack up a W against and more often than not do whether home or away.
Everything Todd built in that era is now long gone from the SD ethos of football and we have been all the poorer for it.
I could go on and on but really cant be bothered anymore (and I gather I am not alone judging from the SD fans they are no longer buying that crap that is constantly dished up on and off the park from the club) as I never see any improvement in any of those areas listed year after year.
I believe we have lost 12 of our last 13 games of League footy, that probably says it all really.

Appears I’ve picked a good year to concentrate on my own personal goals getting a business up off the ground rather than expire precious valuable spare time watching what the current regime’s skill set have worked “oh-so-hard” to influence and create. From afar it appears we have a bloody long way to go under the current planogram. At least we aren’t blaming Faulkner’s kicking for all of our woes in 2019....there’s a positive for ya :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V Royals at Leederville 5 years 5 days ago #166500

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

Stand the Test wrote: Don't know much about what is happening out at basso but pretty sure the coach is the problem.

If you delete everything after the word "much" then your statement is more accurate

Swans V Royals at Leederville 5 years 5 days ago #166501

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote: Firstly well done to East Perth,they were an 8 goal better side on the day, not 8 points and would have won by a lot more if they hadnt been so sloppy in their delivery into the forward line. But you could see they were prepared to work harder and be more physical than our players most of who were prepared to be pushed aside. Notte, Gault, Blakely, Hampson and Payne had a dip, the rest of them were passengers. If it had been Subiaco as the opponent out there it would have been a total embarrassment. There was very little system when we had the ball and the overuse of handball by both teams made the game of an appalling standard. The reserves got flogged so there is little pressure on the non performing league players.

Where to from here? I don't know. As a supporter, you can accept when a team is more talented than yours but what you cannot accept is a complete lack of desire and intensity which is what I saw from most players yesterday. Surely its time to rule a line through Alby Dean and give a guy like Mitchell Bain or the young guy from Peel a chance to show his worth. Watching the insipid performance yesterday made me wish that Adam Faulkner was still at the club. You can say what you like about his disposal but he would have at least competed with that dominant EP midfield who were pretty much doing as they liked all day.

Unless there is a complete transformation in the next 7 days, the resurgent Demons will whip our asses all over Bassendean next week and with WP at Joondalup and Subiaco after that, I really can't see where our first win is coming from. I am hoping that a repeat of 2016 doesnt happen but it is looming large at the moment.

The fact that we both commented on Faulkner within minutes of each other mikeh just made me laugh aloud. He was a very unhappy footballer in 2018 which clearly had nothing to do with his kicking. I look forward to your match reports again this year as always ;)

Swans V Royals at Leederville 5 years 5 days ago #166502

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

Dirty Weekender wrote:

mikeh wrote: Firstly well done to East Perth,they were an 8 goal better side on the day, not 8 points and would have won by a lot more if they hadnt been so sloppy in their delivery into the forward line. But you could see they were prepared to work harder and be more physical than our players most of who were prepared to be pushed aside. Notte, Gault, Blakely, Hampson and Payne had a dip, the rest of them were passengers. If it had been Subiaco as the opponent out there it would have been a total embarrassment. There was very little system when we had the ball and the overuse of handball by both teams made the game of an appalling standard. The reserves got flogged so there is little pressure on the non performing league players.

Where to from here? I don't know. As a supporter, you can accept when a team is more talented than yours but what you cannot accept is a complete lack of desire and intensity which is what I saw from most players yesterday. Surely its time to rule a line through Alby Dean and give a guy like Mitchell Bain or the young guy from Peel a chance to show his worth. Watching the insipid performance yesterday made me wish that Adam Faulkner was still at the club. You can say what you like about his disposal but he would have at least competed with that dominant EP midfield who were pretty much doing as they liked all day.

Unless there is a complete transformation in the next 7 days, the resurgent Demons will whip our asses all over Bassendean next week and with WP at Joondalup and Subiaco after that, I really can't see where our first win is coming from. I am hoping that a repeat of 2016 doesnt happen but it is looming large at the moment.

The fact that we both commented on Faulkner within minutes of each other mikeh just made me laugh aloud. He was a very unhappy footballer in 2018 which clearly had nothing to do with his kicking. I look forward to your match reports again this year as always ;)

LOL I read your comment after finishing mine. Would be nice to report on a win at some stage.....

Swans V Royals at Leederville 5 years 5 days ago #166507

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
Maby being Western Derby Day.Swans v EP are normally 3000+crowds.Lucky to 1500 there yesterday.

Swans V Royals at Leederville 5 years 5 days ago #166510

• therealswansman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
From what I witnessed in the first two games this year, we wont be celebrating a win any time soon.
We treat the 4 posts at the end of the ground like lighthouses signalling not to go near them as we might crash. I can understand when defending, head to the wings, but why oh why when we have the ball and clear ocean ahead do we then head to the boundary.
We have talls and crumbing forwards yet are too scared of 50/50 contests, rather we look for safe options, retain possession and don't advance.
If we win more than 50 % of 50/50 contests in our forward line we might actually score, but we will never find out unless we try.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

Swans V Royals at Leederville 5 years 5 days ago #166511

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Dreadful game, dreadful performance that is both games this season now so safe to say the latter DW.
The same 2 or 3 blokes week in week out carry the side whilst the rest are pretenders.
Kicking and handball standards continue to plummet to putrid levels, decision making horrendous, work rate well short of the level required, footy smarts non existent.
As one who grew up with the ruthless SD sides of the 1980s it is disturbing to see how far our club has fallen away in the last 30 years to the extent now were we have become a club every team expects to wrack up a W against and more often than not do whether home or away.
Everything Todd built in that era is now long gone from the SD ethos of football and we have been all the poorer for it.
I could go on and on but really cant be bothered anymore (and I gather I am not alone judging from the SD fans they are no longer buying that crap that is constantly dished up on and off the park from the club) as I never see any improvement in any of those areas listed year after year.
I believe we have lost 12 of our last 13 games of League footy, that probably says it all really.

Appears I’ve picked a good year to concentrate on my own personal goals getting a business up off the ground rather than expire precious valuable spare time watching what the current regime’s skill set have worked “oh-so-hard” to influence and create. From afar it appears we have a bloody long way to go under the current planogram. At least we aren’t blaming Faulkner’s kicking for all of our woes in 2019....there’s a positive for ya :P

You are saving yourself a lot of pain and money by not having to watch the crap consistently dished up by the SDFC for some time now mate.
12 losses from our last 13 games is unacceptable at E1 Amateurs level let alone WAFL League level and I can see it going for a while longer yet as we are so off the pace of even the 9th placed side in skill level, commitment, decision making, ruthlessness etc its not funny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Swans V Royals at Leederville 5 years 5 days ago #166513

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

therealswansman wrote: From what I witnessed in the first two games this year, we wont be celebrating a win any time soon.
We treat the 4 posts at the end of the ground like lighthouses signalling not to go near them as we might crash. I can understand when defending, head to the wings, but why oh why when we have the ball and clear ocean ahead do we then head to the boundary.
We have talls and crumbing forwards yet are too scared of 50/50 contests, rather we look for safe options, retain possession and don't advance.
If we win more than 50 % of 50/50 contests in our forward line we might actually score, but we will never find out unless we try.

The classic TRSW was in the last qtr when we were up by a goal or so around the 20 min mark and we had a mark about 40m out on an angle with Josh Simpson (who is always hard to beat one on one let alone heading toward an open goal that would have nearly sealed it) goal side of his opponent heading towards the goal square but instead the kicker thought 5ft 6in Riley Garcia at 40m surrounded by bigger stronger EP defenders was a better option the end result was EP mark the poor option then go the length of the field and score the winner....and that was just one of what has been a plethora of ridiculous decisions made by SD players in the first 8 qtrs of football this year with a helluva lot more to come at the rate we are playing!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans V Royals at Leederville 5 years 5 days ago #166522

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1193

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Great times of WA footy they were Beas'

It was a weekly event every Saturday arvo packed grounds high quality games bloody shame this game has been ruined

Swans V Royals at Leederville 5 years 5 days ago #166523

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

You are saving yourself a lot of pain and money by not having to watch the crap consistently dished up by the SDFC for some time now mate.
12 losses from our last 13 games is unacceptable at E1 Amateurs level let alone WAFL League level and I can see it going for a while longer yet as we are so off the pace of even the 9th placed side in skill level, commitment, decision making, ruthlessness etc its not funny!

If it was about the money one would never bother.....the loss in wages from time off work alone on Saturday would be enough reason not to attend. My decision is purely based around the lack of vision our club seems to have under the current guiding hand. Failure year upon year has led to everyone around him moving on whilst no responsibility nor KPIs seem to need to be met if recent results are anything to go by. I’m not bitter, nor sore, just frustrated watching us go backwards and as there seems to be little motive for change what’s the point. I’m bloody missing the footy but for now it’s gotta be a long distance relationship ....let’s hope not forever

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 351 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog