Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 weeks ago #165356

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Swandog wrote: Seems a few people on here with axes to grind, take your negative crap to another club then if you don't like it, at least we are getting ourselves out of a financial hole all by ourselves unlike other clubs as was highlighted to me on Sat. Cant please everybody and mistakes are made, a football club is no different. Cant wait for round one! Get behind the club!

Calm down Swandog, clearly a dig at WP above. As I have mentioned on many occasions I don't give a shit how we survive, as long as we survive. Swans are no orphans mate because "Not paying a number of players their match payments" would have left you in a similar situation to us, at least we paid 4c in the dollar :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 weeks ago #165360

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

mikeh wrote: Just as a follow up to that last post, I found out the score for the pre-season game at Bassendean yesterday as I wasnt able to attend. The score was Subiaco 12-9 to Swans 6-9. Guess where I found that score? On the Subiaco facebook page. No mention of it anywhere on Swans social media sites. They were too busy advertising a "family fun day on April 6th including bouncy castles, spider mountain, mechanical surfboard, a drawing table and tower block/giant jenga games. There’ll also be chances to win prizes in a handball competition in the play zone a longest kick competition on the oval , Chase the Swan and Bin It to Win. Oh and by the way theres a league game against South Fremantle as well.

Mike the club is doing some great work off the field in engaging with our local community and we should acknowledge that but we are also first and foremost a Football Club at the end of the day and long standing players, officials, members, supporters should never be forgotten as they are who have made our great club what it is.
To not put the results up from the games on the weekend after actually promoting the games on the site all week is not good enough, especially as there was a pretty good turn out there for a scratch match.
For those interested Subi won the League by 36 points and the Reserves by 7 points.
I didnt see the Colts or Futures scores?
No surprise Subi will be the team to beat again this year and our next pre season opponent Claremont will be their major challenger again so another good test to see where we are at against the best 2 sides in the WAFL this decade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 weeks ago #165361

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
did you get along BH - any reports on the games ?

at a minimum there should be a football report from the coach or the footy manager on the website every week, supporters and members want to know what is happening on the field..
also give the colts and junior squads a mention as they are also a part of the club, not that you read much about them.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 weeks ago #165362

• Beasley Hutton
Yes I went along for a look MO, in a nutshell we took it up to Subi for parts of each quarter but failed to put the scoreboard pressure on and as they do they make you pay by punishing their opponents in a 5-10 minute period more often than not led by Horsley and their senior group.
Subi were close to full strength (Waters was runner and Powell & Joyce played Reserves) whilst we had a few missing but I thought it would be a good test to see if we had made large inroads into the dominance they have had over us for a number of years but alas a lot of the same errors continue that we make against the better sides. We must get better at controlling the football, not panicking and then picking the right options even under pressure and our work rate has to at least match these guys not to mention our skill levels by hand and foot if we are to greatly improve in my opinion.
Not all negative though some of the young blokes showed signs that they can have an impact at WAFL level.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 weeks ago #165363

• therealswansman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64

Leedy wrote:

Swandog wrote: Seems a few people on here with axes to grind, take your negative crap to another club then if you don't like it, at least we are getting ourselves out of a financial hole all by ourselves unlike other clubs as was highlighted to me on Sat. Cant please everybody and mistakes are made, a football club is no different. Cant wait for round one! Get behind the club!

Calm down Swandog, clearly a dig at WP above. As I have mentioned on many occasions I don't give a shit how we survive, as long as we survive. Swans are no orphans mate because "Not paying a number of players their match payments" would have left you in a similar situation to us, at least we paid 4c in the dollar :)

Leedy, if you can inform which Swans Players did not receive their match payments I will reimburse them immediately.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 weeks ago #165364

• Beasley Hutton

Leedy wrote:

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to state here Leedy...you are comparing apples with oranges mate?
It was reported last year the WAFC paid the WP players, coaches and staff last year and then you virtually walked away from paying your creditors including the ATO & State Government department VenuesWest with a paltry 4c in the dollar offer.
This was also reported to be a loan from the WAFC so we can and will expect that will be paid back in full by the WPFC...I am sure there will be many other WAFL club boards watching with interest to make sure they are held to account in this regard!
As far as I am aware the SDFC have never had the WAFC pay our players, coaches and staff ever and I believe we have or are continuing to pay our creditors in full, the ATO was paid back with interest!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 weeks ago #165365

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
thanks BH - hopefully we can get ourselves into the mix for a spot in the 5.
we will be off the pace of Subi and Claremont most likely especially without Palmer in the midfield...

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 weeks ago #165395

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

therealswansman wrote:

Leedy wrote:

Leedy, if you can inform which Swans Players did not receive their match payments I will reimburse them immediately.

You would need to be doing very well for yourself to reimburse the $$$ required. Im not personally going to name the players in question, Swandog knows and may want to send his name out there but Im not, his call !

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 weeks ago #165397

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Leedy wrote:

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to state here Leedy...you are comparing apples with oranges mate?
It was reported last year the WAFC paid the WP players, coaches and staff last year and then you virtually walked away from paying your creditors including the ATO & State Government department VenuesWest with a paltry 4c in the dollar offer.
This was also reported to be a loan from the WAFC so we can and will expect that will be paid back in full by the WPFC...I am sure there will be many other WAFL club boards watching with interest to make sure they are held to account in this regard!
As far as I am aware the SDFC have never had the WAFC pay our players, coaches and staff ever and I believe we have or are continuing to pay our creditors in full, the ATO was paid back with interest!

BH,

We are all fully versed on what happened to WP, I don't know where in my response earlier that I denied any of it, in fact I said " I couldn't give a shit where the money comes from, as long as we survive". Im just stating that if Swans had actually paid their players one particular year then who knows what would have happened or where they would have ended up ??? Swans simply walked away from paying those players, FACT !!!

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 weeks ago #165402

• therealswansman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64

Leedy wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Leedy wrote:

BH,

We are all fully versed on what happened to WP, I don't know where in my response earlier that I denied any of it, in fact I said " I couldn't give a shit where the money comes from, as long as we survive". Im just stating that if Swans had actually paid their players one particular year then who knows what would have happened or where they would have ended up ??? Swans simply walked away from paying those players, FACT !!!

Leedy, your comments are not fact.
I can say without any fear of contradiction and will sign for you a statutory declaration to that extent that there was no player who did not receive their match payments.
So check with whoever is feeding you rubbish and come back to me.
Find one person who wasn't paid and not only will I pay them I will pay you double the amount.

Last edit: by therealswansman.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 490 guests and 2 members online

• one time only
  • Omah

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL