Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 4 weeks ago #165239

• therealswansman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64

therealswansman wrote:

Danger wrote:

mikeh wrote: Thanks MO. Do you know if Grescos and Stewart are playing anywhere else?. Taryce could have been a very good player but seemed to lack the discipline and desire once he missed out on AFL recruitment.
It all looks pretty grim at the moment given we have also now lost Palmer as a player at least, hopefully he can make a full reccovery and provide some off field guidance for the young team.

Palmer would be the last person asked to provide guidance and to think we passed up bringing back Boekhurst,.then again thrice bitten with Newman, Garlett and Yarran who had sensational returns to the club may be the reason we balked and went out and chased a real leader like Palmer..
He was probably a shoe-in to be captain.
Our football manager's use by date was 2013 and yet he remains.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 weeks ago #165309

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

therealswansman wrote:

therealswansman wrote:

Danger wrote:

mikeh wrote: Thanks MO. Do you know if Grescos and Stewart are playing anywhere else?. Taryce could have been a very good player but seemed to lack the discipline and desire once he missed out on AFL recruitment.
It all looks pretty grim at the moment given we have also now lost Palmer as a player at least, hopefully he can make a full reccovery and provide some off field guidance for the young team.

Palmer would be the last person asked to provide guidance and to think we passed up bringing back Boekhurst,.then again thrice bitten with Newman, Garlett and Yarran who had sensational returns to the club may be the reason we balked and went out and chased a real leader like Palmer..
He was probably a shoe-in to be captain.
Our football manager's use by date was 2013 and yet he remains.

Was that a use by date or best before? I’d like to know which if any area within the football dept that could be considered genuinely improved across all KPI since the mess and aftermath of season 2010. A lot of good stuff happening off the field to combat the financial woes. Harding I thought was doing ok for a bit considering the lack of resources but when I look at the past 3-4 years on the surface I see bandaid practices. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again now, take a good look at the real reasons Subi has had so much success in recent times. When your entire organisation adopts a club first mentality you’ve found your starting point. We ain’t there yet.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 weeks ago #165310

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
DW the thing I have never really understood was in the Dawson era (2008-2010) he really set a playing standard similar to Todd back in the late70s/80s and after he left those on field standards were not followed through with for some unknown reason?
Let us also not forget back in 2008 he took on a young side that had nearly a dozen teenagers playing in our League team all the way to the GF were we took it up to the unbeatable Subi for a half.
We have not been near a GF since 2010 when Dawson left!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender, ArkRoyal

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 weeks ago #165316

• therealswansman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
DW & BH , Harding cant coach anyone older than 18 as he had no man management skills at all. He was never denied the resources, that other clubs managed to recruit. What he and Smart were prevented from doing was to throw money away on Parasites, like Twomey, Robinson, Roach & Co.
{begs the question though how Robinson & Twomey our highest paid players left to play for Subaico on less money) They spent money on Hams, Slater, Wytick, Houghton, Clutterbuck, Rogers, and his little ginger haired mate (name escapes me) and bigger money on Newman, Garlett & Yarran,
Harding & Smart had no control over the big ego's and many often openly derided Harding.
There was no leadership, the drug takers were left alone without penalties.
The two Directors that got Swans back on their feet financially, Douglas & Dawson both left when it was evident that Hodyl and Holmes and other Board members whose roles could also not be identified had no idea how to set proper KPI's and then insisted on extending both Harding and Smarts contracts based on them having achieved KPI's that were never explained.
WE are in this hole because of of weak and ineffective leadership from the top down.
Check out our website and you will see that playing finals footy is not one of our goals.

Last edit: by therealswansman.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 weeks ago #165335

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

therealswansman wrote: DW & BH , Harding cant coach anyone older than 18 as he had no man management skills at all. He was never denied the resources, that other clubs managed to recruit. What he and Smart were prevented from doing was to throw money away on Parasites, like Twomey, Robinson, Roach & Co.
{begs the question though how Robinson & Twomey our highest paid players left to play for Subaico on less money) They spent money on Hams, Slater, Wytick, Houghton, Clutterbuck, Rogers, and his little ginger haired mate (name escapes me) and bigger money on Newman, Garlett & Yarran,
Harding & Smart had no control over the big ego's and many often openly derided Harding.
The two Directors that got Swans back on their feet financially, Douglas & Dawson both left when it was evident that Hodyl and Holmes and other Board members whose roles could also not be identified had no idea how to set proper KPI's and then insisted on extending both Harding and Smarts contracts based on them having achieved KPI's that were never explained.
WE are in this hole because of of weak and ineffective leadership from the top down.
Check out our website and you will see that playing finals footy is not one of our goals.

What a fucking cracking post !!!

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 weeks ago #165336

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

therealswansman wrote: DW & BH , Harding cant coach anyone older than 18 as he had no man management skills at all. He was never denied the resources, that other clubs managed to recruit. What he and Smart were prevented from doing was to throw money away on Parasites, like Twomey, Robinson, Roach & Co.

I was very close to not renewing my membership this year because of your point I have highlighted above therealswansman. I thought I would give it one more year given the success of the colts team of 2018 and to follow their development this season. I understand to some extent what Swans are trying to do and it may be that marketing the club as part of the community is the only way the club will survive, but my link with the SDFC is through its football history and if winning a premiership is no longer a KPI of the club then I feel that I no longer have any link to them. I don't live in the district so I am not part of their "community" and if I want a social club I can go to any number of places much closer to home.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 weeks ago #165344

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Just as a follow up to that last post, I found out the score for the pre-season game at Bassendean yesterday as I wasnt able to attend. The score was Subiaco 12-9 to Swans 6-9. Guess where I found that score? On the Subiaco facebook page. No mention of it anywhere on Swans social media sites. They were too busy advertising a "family fun day on April 6th including bouncy castles, spider mountain, mechanical surfboard, a drawing table and tower block/giant jenga games. There’ll also be chances to win prizes in a handball competition in the play zone a longest kick competition on the oval , Chase the Swan and Bin It to Win. Oh and by the way theres a league game against South Fremantle as well.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 weeks ago #165347

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

mikeh wrote: Just as a follow up to that last post, I found out the score for the pre-season game at Bassendean yesterday as I wasnt able to attend. The score was Subiaco 12-9 to Swans 6-9. Guess where I found that score? On the Subiaco facebook page. No mention of it anywhere on Swans social media sites. They were too busy advertising a "family fun day on April 6th including bouncy castles, spider mountain, mechanical surfboard, a drawing table and tower block/giant jenga games. There’ll also be chances to win prizes in a handball competition in the play zone a longest kick competition on the oval , Chase the Swan and Bin It to Win. Oh and by the way theres a league game against South Fremantle as well.

Sounds like your club has stolen my clubs intellectual property from a few years back Mike. We haven't got the room for all that stuff now with the big outer banks virtually gone.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 weeks ago #165349

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
yep, gone are the days when aussie rules used to be a working man's sport. great posts guys.

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

SEASON 2019 NEWS AND RUMOURS 5 years 3 weeks ago #165352

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
Seems a few people on here with axes to grind, take your negative crap to another club then if you don't like it, at least we are getting ourselves out of a financial hole all by ourselves unlike other clubs as was highlighted to me on Sat. Cant please everybody and mistakes are made, a football club is no different. Cant wait for round one! Get behind the club!
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 414 guests and one member online

• Time For a Flag

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020