Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 3 months ago #161850

• Ted Nugent
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 158
Getting hammered?! Give me a break. You Subi guys are fooling no-one trying to play down your prospects. You will finish on top with at least a 3 game margin, win the flag in a canter and very possibly go undefeated again. If you do indeed pick up another 2-3 top recruits, that will guarantee an undefeated 200%+ season.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 3 months ago #161852

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

Ted Nugent wrote: Getting hammered?! Give me a break. You Subi guys are fooling no-one trying to play down your prospects. You will finish on top with at least a 3 game margin, win the flag in a canter and very possibly go undefeated again. If you do indeed pick up another 2-3 top recruits, that will guarantee an undefeated 200%+ season.

Ted I think these are very much tongue in cheek comments by Subiaco supporters to create a bit of banter so probably not to be taken too seriously. I agree with your take on it although I think they may not be as dominant next year while they adjust to the new coach.

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 3 months ago #161853

• Ted Nugent
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I hope you're right, Mike, surely Subi cannot seriously be lamenting not picking up top recruits other than Marsh. For starters, Marsh is arguably the biggest recruit of the off-season, just as Clarke was last year. Secondly, the reason they haven't recruited is that they simply don't need to. Even with Clarke gone and maybe two other players from last year yet to commit, they are still significantly better than the other 9 teams.

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 3 months ago #161854

• BC
  • Thank you received: 1547
TN...it's very much tongue in cheek with oollll and I having a bit of fun.

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 3 months ago #161855

• Ted Nugent
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Cheers, BC, sorry for being obtuse. Just that other club's supporters are a bit sensitive about Subi hard luck stories!

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 3 months ago #161858

• BC
No worries mate. I try to play down Subi's chances and oollll who I think is an East Freo supporter plays along with it being very much tongue in cheek. It's been a bit of an ongoing joke between us all season and a source of amusement for me.

Last edit: by BC.

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 3 months ago #161867

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Yes being able to play down your chances as a laugh is very funny for the rest of us.

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 3 months ago #162502

• BC
Does Buddy Boy, Jjim or anyone else have any news coming out of the club as there's still no announcements around a ruckman? I guess Chapman or Sutherland will get first crack. Could the team for round 1 look like this? Does the new coach go for a bit of youth with Jack Mayo at FF. He's 194cm and 80 odd kgs and about to turn 20 so reckon someone like him could be in the frame. Likewise the Hickmott brothers and Hobley through the midfield might be smokies given Wardman has coached them all last year and there's some doubt around Phelan going on again this year.

FB 36 Aaron Heal 21 Jordan Lockyer 8 Angus Litherland
HB 3 Hayden Kennedy Harry Marsh 32 Braden Fimmano
C 12 Gregory Clark 9 Joshua Deluca 1 Kyal Horsley
HF 11 Benjamin Newton 17 Lachlan Delahunty 2 Justin Joyce
FF 10 Kyle Halligan 20 Clancy Wheeler 18 Ben Sokol

Followers
Chapman/Sutherland
5 Leigh Kitchin
15 Christopher Phelan

Interchange from
35 Drew Rohde
14 Ryan Borchet
25 Michael Braut
7 Adam Cockie
30 Jacob Miller
4 Rhys Waters
6 Rowen Powell
22 Max Walters
Joel Latham
Simon Moore

Last edit: by BC.

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 3 months ago #162542

• jonnyboy
  • Thank you received: 1
Maybe a guy like Andy Doyle to ruck, have also heard rumours Ryan Vermeesch will be back so could be a nice FF.

Ins And Outs For Subi 5 years 3 months ago #162557

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132
Hi BC, havent heard of any recruits for the ruck position and seem to remember the new coach mentioning Sutherland , Chapman and Doyle as well as Clancy Wheeler and Lachlan Delahunty and Sean Bradley when asked the question at the agm in december. For mine i would still like to see someone to replace Zac Clarke in a like for like swap but these sort of players are in high demand all around Aust. Zac Clarke made a huge difference to the whole structure of the side compared to previous years and allowed Dela and Clancy to play different roles in the side that improved the team.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 541 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977