Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Schoey's off to Port Adelaide 5 years 6 months ago #157709

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132
Big thank you to Jarrad for his work over the last six years in taking the club to another level. People forget that when he took over we had finished in the bottom part of the ladder and then we also finished in seventh spot in his first season. Then to produce three premierships and two runners up in the next five years is pretty special. The respect between coach and the players is obvious and he has enhanced the culture of the club. A big loss and big shoes to fill but i wish him all the best in his new role with Port Adelaide.
I know the usual suspects will say the sucess was all about dollars but i dont think Schoeys achievements here can be downplayed. Will be interesting to see who has been earmarked to fill the job now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Schoey's off to Port Adelaide 5 years 6 months ago #157714

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
All the Port fans are really excited he's joining there club.So is Angelo Rucci talking about Subis unbeaten season.And premierships in all 3 grades.
Attachments:

Schoey's off to Port Adelaide 5 years 6 months ago #157716

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Be interesting to see if Schofield is in line for Hinkleys job in a year or two....

Schoey's off to Port Adelaide 5 years 6 months ago #157720

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547

Freezin wrote: Be interesting to see if Schofield is in line for Hinkleys job in a year or two....

If he goes ok Freez I reckon there could be a few jobs he'd be in line for in a couple of years including PA, Carlton, StK, Freo and maybe the Crows.

Schoey's off to Port Adelaide 5 years 6 months ago #157780

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 111
Big shoes to fill- paper mentioned Colts coach, Beau Wardman as a possible replacement. Any whispers, BC??

Schoey's off to Port Adelaide 5 years 6 months ago #157788

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Can see Schofield getting Lyons job in a few years time......2 years at Port is a good apprenticeship I reckon.....that's if he hasn't got Ken's job by then.....

Perhaps Wardman might eye up the SD colts job if Stiffy has truly quit....all those under agers will give the fella a few years before they come over agers to work his premiership magic

Last edit: by Freezin.

Schoey's off to Port Adelaide 5 years 6 months ago #157793

• BC

KCEF wrote: Big shoes to fill- paper mentioned Colts coach, Beau Wardman as a possible replacement. Any whispers, BC??

Not at the moment mate...the club has said it'll start the search for a replacement in a week or so but if you believe that, you're bonkers as Schoey would have had the PA gig all lined up weeks ago and I would think the club has been on notice for even longer....so imo the hunt is well and truly just about done and dusted and expect an announcement in the next few weeks before preseason starts and without any inside info, I don't think it'll be Wardman.

Schoey's off to Port Adelaide 5 years 6 months ago #157796

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
I was led to believe the club has known since about mid season Schofield was leaving.
One would think the search for a new coach would have been very well under way before the season ended.
The new coach would need installing before pre-season I would have thought.

Schoey's off to Port Adelaide 5 years 6 months ago #157797

• BC

Freezin wrote: Can see Schofield getting Lyons job in a few years time......2 years at Port is a good apprenticeship I reckon.....that's if he hasn't got Ken's job by then.....

Perhaps Wardman might eye up the SD colts job if Stiffy has truly quit....all those under agers will give the fella a few years before they come over agers to work his premiership magic

It still doesn't sit right with me that someone they call "Stiffy" runs a young blokes footy team.... :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archie Duda Goal Machine

Schoey's off to Port Adelaide 5 years 6 months ago #157802

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
If Port Adelaide have another poor season next year,Schofield could find himself in the Senior role there as soon as 2020.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 454 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog