Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157486

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1547
Lost the desire apparently freez and walked away from the club which is a shame as I really rated him. He could be a target for EF to go back to where it all began during the offseason. The other retiree during the year was Corey Adamson but that was for injury reasons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157488

• kirbs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17

BC wrote:

Godinoz wrote: Question for BC. Subi ressies are playing early, 8:45 I think. If a Subi league player pulls up sore before their game and can't take the field, can a ressies player who played in the reserves grand final play for the league team? Or does the league team go with an extended bench and the players who don't get a game for the league team miss out completely??

That's a very good question mate. We don't generally hold anyone over from the ressies in case a league players hurts himself before the game during the season so don't think it will happen on Sunday either. In saying that, is there anything stopping a player suiting up for 2 games in a day if a league player went down during warm ups or the like? Is there anything under the AFLPA agreement or any other such arrangement which precludes a player at any level playing 2 games in a day? For WAFL I don't think there is but could be wrong. Bazza is pretty knowledgeable on this sort of stuff so he may have some insight.

AS CONFIRMED BY OTHERS Pretty sure late 60's early 70's a Perth Reserves player Wilson ? was called up to League side in GF after just playing in Reserves Grand Final, as someone got injured in the warm up (Warm up in those days I thought was a fag out the back of rooms)

Has happened in AFL other past few years in normal season players pulled from already started VFL when a late out. One who did that was Tony Armstrong not sure which team though I think Collingwood

Last edit: by kirbs.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157490

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Can't see Hancock coming back to EF mate.....be like checking out of a suite at the Ritz in Westminister for a dodgy bed sit in Brixton......

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157493

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
What a magnificent club. So proud to be part of it. The club rooms were absolutely bursting at the seams. We did a rough headcount and there was somewhere above 2500 people crammed in.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157499

• Godinoz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 26

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157500

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
I must confess that I'm really relieved that that mighty Lions got home in the GF, there were a few times where I wasn't overly confident. There were times when the depth was tested, through injury etc however in the face of all the adversity, many a 60 point plus pumping to the opposition prevailed (I'm sure BC is of a similar mindset, there were certainly time throughout the year where he was deeply concerned, and rightly so).

Well done to Subiaco, great achievement.

Hopefully next year the competition from all other WAFL clubs won't be so thin on the ground, otherwise the competition as a whole will be.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157501

• Buddy Boy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 21

Godinoz wrote: www.wafootball.com.au/news/15886/simply-...rand-final-statement

Did anyone investigate Swans tagging tactics which are also against the rules???????

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157503

• BC

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote: I must confess that I'm really relieved that that mighty Lions got home in the GF, there were a few times where I wasn't overly confident. There were times when the depth was tested, through injury etc however in the face of all the adversity, many a 60 point plus pumping to the opposition prevailed (I'm sure BC is of a similar mindset, there were certainly time throughout the year where he was deeply concerned, and rightly so).

Well done to Subiaco, great achievement.

Hopefully next year the competition from all other WAFL clubs won't be so thin on the ground, otherwise the competition as a whole will be.

Hahahaha...cheers ooollll. I did very much enjoy your taking the piss out of some of my more conservative predictions to games. But in my defence, it would come across arrogant and disrespectful if I said we're going to demolish another team even if deep down that's what I thought was going to happen.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157512

• BC
I see the bogans are accusing Subi of cheating in winning the colts GF....FMD...in my living memory there's only been one team found to cheat during a GF and that was the SuDafeds in their drug tainted 2010 win when Casserly copped 2 years for taking PED's....the hypocrisy is mind blowing....and when I mentioned it on their shithole site it got taken down quicker than Monica Lewinsky.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157515

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
I was away for the long weekend but I kept track of the Grand Final via the web and radio coverage. Firstly congratulations to the Subiaco Football Club for their outstanding achievement of being the first side since 1946 to go unbeaten though an entire season. Whatever you think about the advantages they have over the rest of the competition, it still is a massive effort to have the skills, determination and motivation to keep coming back and winning every week. To have all three grades winning a flag indicates a club culture that is much more than financial resources alone. It is a credit to Schofield that he managed to get every player in the club to buy into the vision. They were obviously driven by the pain of the defeats of the past two years and were relentless in their goal.

The challenge for every other club in the WAFL now and also for the WAFC is to try and close the massive gap that has opened up between Subiaco and everyone else because without genuine competition we are going to kill interest in the league.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 202 guests and one member online

• one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog