Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #156926

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355

Bazza wrote:

westaussieguy wrote: Apart from the Elimination Final, it's been fantastic to see 4 Wafl clubs participating in the Finals. Claremont bowed out, then Souths season came to an end. Leaving Subiaco and West Perth to square off in the Grandy. One feels it's going to be a fantastic match.
This Wafl Grand Final is also a crunch game for the whole competition!
If another low Grand Final attendance happens, surely questions will need answering.
With many people still going baby ga-ga over the new ground, one would be expecting the facility to be half to three quarter full at the very least!
With 2 Wafl Clubs in the Grand Final this year, a bumper crowd should be turning up. The disappointingly low qualifying crowd figures have been a real downer this season.
Would be fantastic to end the 2018 season with a bumper Grand Final attendance far in excess of recent years.

The problem the WAFL Grand Final faces this year despite the new stadium factor,, is , less that 24 hours before it the biggest game and crowd of the year is likely to be at the stadium for the eagles prelim, all the hype will be around that 100%, also people will be forking out a fair wack to attend that... If the eagles win and make the GF,,expect a media blitz that will steam roll the WAFL GF...apart from that expecting them to butter up twice in big numbers in two days is a bit unlikely ...that being said you might get a few of jokers that missed out on tickets wanting to go along.

That being said , I reckon Subi will romp it in by 40 plus points.

All understood Bazza. Have heard some of the ticket prices for the other crap are quite outrageous! And yet some are happy to pay the highly inflated prices! I've heard some are paying 150 dollars to 200 dollars a ticket!

I just feel it's crunch time for the Wafl. Another poor GF attendance and the Wafl will be like a dead duck. The so called media need to emphasise it's Grand Final week and show promotions. Haven't seen nor heard much of that so far this Finals series.
With the expected forecasted Fine weather conditions for next weekend, is great to see the weather warming up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #156969

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
Ooooh a pumped joondy, that will be interesting, looking forward to it can’t wait...
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #156983

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

westaussieguy wrote:

Bazza wrote:

westaussieguy wrote: Apart from the Elimination Final, it's been fantastic to see 4 Wafl clubs participating in the Finals. Claremont bowed out, then Souths season came to an end. Leaving Subiaco and West Perth to square off in the Grandy. One feels it's going to be a fantastic match.
This Wafl Grand Final is also a crunch game for the whole competition!
If another low Grand Final attendance happens, surely questions will need answering.
With many people still going baby ga-ga over the new ground, one would be expecting the facility to be half to three quarter full at the very least!
With 2 Wafl Clubs in the Grand Final this year, a bumper crowd should be turning up. The disappointingly low qualifying crowd figures have been a real downer this season.
Would be fantastic to end the 2018 season with a bumper Grand Final attendance far in excess of recent years.

The problem the WAFL Grand Final faces this year despite the new stadium factor,, is , less that 24 hours before it the biggest game and crowd of the year is likely to be at the stadium for the eagles prelim, all the hype will be around that 100%, also people will be forking out a fair wack to attend that... If the eagles win and make the GF,,expect a media blitz that will steam roll the WAFL GF...apart from that expecting them to butter up twice in big numbers in two days is a bit unlikely ...that being said you might get a few of jokers that missed out on tickets wanting to go along.

That being said , I reckon Subi will romp it in by 40 plus points.

All understood Bazza. Have heard some of the ticket prices for the other crap are quite outrageous! And yet some are happy to pay the highly inflated prices! I've heard some are paying 150 dollars to 200 dollars a ticket!

I just feel it's crunch time for the Wafl. Another poor GF attendance and the Wafl will be like a dead duck. The so called media need to emphasise it's Grand Final week and show promotions. Haven't seen nor heard much of that so far this Finals series.
With the expected forecasted Fine weather conditions for next weekend, is great to see the weather warming up.

You won't get any media coverage at all this weekend, couldn't be a worse time up against the Eagles in a prelim, mate a bloke at my work has just paid $390 for a ticket and as you know its a sell out easily, people are all AFL minded in this town money is really no object.
Also Mate , the forecast is for showers Sunday although warmish.
My prediction is that around 20,000 will turn up...
I have to say that the deals offered for the WAFL GF day are really not that great and Optus and WAFC are not really serious about pulling a crowd.. like the guy at work paid $390 for a premium level two ticket that includes 4 hours of free grog at the eagles prelim, you could buy one or as many seats as you wanted, yet for the WAFL GF that insisted on selling these deals in 8 or 10 seat blocks only,, you wont sell bugger all that way.

Last edit: by Bazza.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #156987

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1350
They (the WAFC) should make it a standard $20 entry fee for the WAFL GF and only open the bottom tier and make it first in best dressed. In other words sit where you like. Nothing worse than a small crowd at a huge stadium scattered all over the place. If they can attract 15 - 20,000 all around the bottom tier it will create a great atmosphere.
Get on your bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157003

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Stand the Test wrote: Just wish the game wasn't tainted by the WP scandal, which it totally is. After two years of Peel would have been nice to have traditional clubs playing each other without background noise. Noone could seriously argue WP would be a fairytale. It would be slightly embarrassing in fact.

STD, Blah blah blah mate, eat your moth balls with french onion dip mate.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157005

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
King will have to come into the WP line up you would think, who comes out ??? Moulton's precision and line breaking foot skills in defence v South was a treat to watch and he can play forward, if Rudy makes way Im not going, he has X Factor and could run through a few $ubi defenders. I still think that Shannon is a bit of a liability atm, he has been better the last 2 Finals games but still made some serious errors that cost us.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157013

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

DD wrote: They (the WAFC) should make it a standard $20 entry fee for the WAFL GF and only open the bottom tier and make it first in best dressed. In other words sit where you like. Nothing worse than a small crowd at a huge stadium scattered all over the place. If they can attract 15 - 20,000 all around the bottom tier it will create a great atmosphere.

Its going to struggle for atmosphere at that size anyway mate, 60,000 seats are bloody hard to fill for WAFL these days, in anycase I think its sit anywhere for the 20 bucks like subi used to be, I reckon they will have to cordon a section off and try and concentrate 20,000 or so in camera shot,

If they were really serious they would say , $150 bucks for a package, good seat and 4 hours of drinks. on the corporate level.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157015

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1543
You can actually do that Baz...Subi are offering packages in the Black Swan Room with Lachy Reid as MC including a 3 course lunch, 3 hours on the turps, guest speakers of David Neitz and/or John Platten and a premium seat in front of the Black Swan room on level 2 for $190pp for a table of 10 or $210 if by yourself.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157016

• BC
Or on the WAFC site they're advertising this which is also good value.

VIP SUITES
PREMIUM VIEWING $180 PER PERSON
PRE MATCH, HALF TIME AND THREE QUARTER TIME CATERING INCLUDED 4.5HR BEVERAGE PACKAGE INCLUDES STEWARD SERVICE
*menu upgrade available on request

VIP OPEN BOXES
PREMIUM VIEWING
ARRIVAL, FIRST QUARTER AND HALF TIME CATERING INCLUDED
4HR BEVERAGE PACKAGE
*menu upgrade available on request
BOOK NOW - Suites and Boxes contact Optus Stadium Premium Hospitality T 1300 323 466 E This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
$120 PER PERSON

Last edit: by BC.

Here we go again. 5 years 6 months ago #157021

• BC

Leedy wrote: King will have to come into the WP line up you would think, who comes out ??? Moulton's precision and line breaking foot skills in defence v South was a treat to watch and he can play forward, if Rudy makes way Im not going, he has X Factor and could run through a few $ubi defenders. I still think that Shannon is a bit of a liability atm, he has been better the last 2 Finals games but still made some serious errors that cost us.

WTF has this got to do with Subi? post it over on your own shit heap if it's that important to you.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 350 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL