Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Demons v Lions 4 years 9 months ago #169546

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
Colts lost by 5 points 34 to 39. Our disposals were -88 and hitouts -45. We just cannot help ourselves.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Demons v Lions 4 years 9 months ago #169562

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1350
Time for a bit of perspective I think. First of all the boys had a dip. Outclassed yes, unlucky yes. That was like 1978 GF all over again weather wise. Subi win the toss and kick with a 5 goal breeze in dry conditions, second qtr when we have the breeze the heavens open up, 3rd qtr rain stops for Subi, last qtr it's a flood. You could have paddled your way around Leederville Oval in a canoe. Could we have played any better? Absolutely.

Recover during the bye and get your mind back on the job. Still 6 wins out of 9 . Let's make it 7 out if 10. Hopefully news from Burner and Belly's injuries is not the worst.
Get on your bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PD1899

Last edit: by DD.

Demons v Lions 4 years 9 months ago #169607

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 118

Ted Nugent wrote: TFF, why would you suggest that P and S are equally resourced? Everyone knows that S have a revenue stream about 4 times that of any other WAFL club and we all know why and what they do with it. Humiliating performance from P today. Yes, we were unlucky with the timing of the rain, but 1 goal in a match shouldn't happen. S played like it was dry, as evidenced by them taking almost twice as many marks. Hopefully this will be a line in the sand game for us. It has the potential to go the other way and be utterly demoralising, especially with two potentially long term injuries. With the reserves second last and getting pumped again, the options are getting increasingly slim. Bennell comes back, Burke in for Bell, maybe Marlin for Hill, but who else? Anyway, it's all about scraping up 3 more wins to steal into the five, but clearly we are miles off the pace. Then again, S will waltz to another flag, so we will be one of four teams making up the numbers if we make it.

Marlin must come in. I'm not sure why Bryan was playing reserves. As you say there is Burke but also Lague to potentially come back when fit. I think there is more depth in our defence than the forward options.

Demons v Lions 4 years 9 months ago #169610

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43

smokey wrote: Gee a few "deliberate" out of bounds decisions we very poor.

Noticed they only went against us as well. Did you also notice the 5 Subi players and the umpire having a great time laughing and carrying on as they left the oval at half time...... Might be innocent but really not a good look when they have paid some very very dubious free kicks - and all in favour of $ubiaco.

Demons v Lions 4 years 9 months ago #169612

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Subiaco have a very rewarding relationship with the umpires.
Not a good look when the CEO of the WAFL is witnessing the display and the display of affection.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Demons v Lions 4 years 9 months ago #169615

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
The game got away from us and we packed it in. But it was after the umps gave them three of their first five goals and after the weather absolutely shat on us. And after wheeler had done what he did.

Demons v Lions 4 years 9 months ago #169616

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Saw a replay of Burner going down.
Nothing overly untoward.
Certainly a vigorous tackle by Wheeler and Burner very unlucky.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

Demons v Lions 4 years 9 months ago #169617

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
Yeah the umpiring was ordinary but in no way did it have any bearing on the result.
For mine we had a few bludgers playing out there today,didn’t want to do the hard work you have to do in the wet..

I know this has been done to death but until we get a genuine tall marking KP forward and do away with the makeshift stuff and get a ruckman that can do the around the ground stuff as well as feed the ball yo the midfield we will always be this type of team that teases a little bit but really offers nothing by seasons end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Demons v Lions 4 years 9 months ago #169620

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
No harm in repeating it over and over 30+

Demons v Lions 4 years 9 months ago #169632

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Pity he's spot on isn't it STT.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 387 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL