Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Perth v WP 4 years 10 months ago #168560

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43

Leedy wrote:

DD wrote:

Time For a Flag wrote: I
DD,

Settle son, suck shit btw. After your Skipper opened his big gob about very winnable games, it was going to be a tough gig from there.

Leedy what is wrong with saying they are winnable games? They were/are winnable games. It's not like he said we should definitely win.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Perth v WP 4 years 10 months ago #168630

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
As I have alluded to previously we are quite thin in player depth but, having said that, there is a group that deserves
an opportunity to show what they have got.
It seems to me that Belly gets caught out for pace. I don't know if it is after effects of his knee problem or not but hopefully
he can work on that. He is too good a player not to be in the side.
Matt Rogers isn't imposing himself on the game like we know he can. He has been useful but, perhaps, a little inconsistent.
I agree that Cary, Dennis, Garstone and Smith need to go back to ressies and work on their skills and focus. They do not get into the game enough.
IMO, a group comprising Browne, Payne, Marlin, Johnson, Burke and Hansen need to be brought through and given an opportunity to
settle into the side. Not necessarily all at once but when other players are not contributing we have no choice but to make changes. Sadly there
are few others to consider atm. I would have Marlin in the forward line. He is a strong fast leading sort and good on the ground as well as a good
kick and on form is a far better prospect than Garstone.
Payne is a 30 disposal player and Johnson shows plenty of endeavour and provides more height up forward.

Last edit: by smokey.

Perth v WP 4 years 10 months ago #168632

• Ted Nugent
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 157
Smokey, Marlin hasn't played the last two games, nor does he show on the injury list. I hope he hasn't left the club, as John Levien has. Sometimes players spit the dummy if they are not getting a league game. As I said in an earlier post, I would keep Garstone, but if we need a tall to replace him, only Johnston, Thompson or Hill seem available. I think Johnson would be better coming in for Dennis or Cary rather than Garstone. Agree that Bell hasn't been great and Burke could replace him. Payne for Smith seems obvious. Personally I prefer Henderson to Browne, perhaps to replace Horan.

Perth v WP 4 years 10 months ago #168651

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

PD1899 wrote:

Leedy wrote:

DD wrote:

Time For a Flag wrote: I
DD,

Settle son, suck shit btw. After your Skipper opened his big gob about very winnable games, it was going to be a tough gig from there.

Leedy what is wrong with saying they are winnable games? They were/are winnable games. It's not like he said we should definitely win.

PD,

Why say anything at all ??? Nothing good comes of comments like that, it only provides ammo to the opposition and put pressure on your team mates, they were going along fine. I know for fact that WP took that as a lack of respect and EF this w/end will push Perth too.

Perth v WP 4 years 10 months ago #168665

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
TN I do hope that Marlin has not left the club although he has been ignored for so long who knows?
IMO Thompson is not up to it and Hill still green and making too many silly errors.
Garstone is too lazy, drops marks and does not impose himself on the game. I see Langdon, Marlin and Johnson as our best prospects up forward.
I don't rate Horan and I prefer Browne to Hendo for grunt though Hendo does do a reasonable tagging job when needed.
Payne must come in on the wing replacing Edmonds who could be very useful on a HFF in place of Cary or Dennis.

Last edit: by smokey.

Perth v WP 4 years 10 months ago #168669

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 128
1250 official members today. That's paid members. Also new corporate deal with Perth Airport. Very good stuff. Saying that it is important to win this week. I think Garstone is worth persisting with. Narriers numbers looked terrible in the 2nds last week. I guess Payne deserves a call up - thought I seem to recall he has disappointed me big time before. Bell definitely afforded more time. Starting to doubt Cary. Without Ninja - Bennell found it much more difficult.
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Perth v WP 4 years 10 months ago #168672

• Ted Nugent
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 157
Marlin hasn't kicked a goal in the 4 games he's played. Hardly making a strong case to be our number one key forward. Narrier is averaging 9 disposals a game and hasn't kicked a goal. I haven't seen any reserves games, so I'm just going off the stats, but it seems to me that Scotney hasn't really got going yet either. Johnson has done ok but seems to be a similar size and style of player to Langdon. Only Payne seems to be making a consistent case for league selection, so that's why I would make just one change this week, Payne for Smith and bring Ninja back in the week after. That would mean the EF would be essentially a play-off between Cary and Dennis. We are still 5-1, so no need to swing the axe, but only managing 8 goals last week was very disappointing. Need at least 12 goals to win most games.

Perth v WP 4 years 10 months ago #168676

• Demon Strate
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
I have seen 3 Reserves games Payne is the most consistent performer.
Gordon Narrier seems to be struggling not sure if he is still carrying an injury.
Henderson has been decent the last 2 games so might be a chance.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 494 guests and 3 members online

• Success Hill
  • Swedgen
  • Blackduck

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes