Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Best Side 5 years 1 week ago #164987

• PD1899
  • PD1899's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43
Where do we see Lachie Dennis fitting into the side, especially now that he has been named in the leadership group? Is there a spot for him in the league side or is he likely to mainly play reserves?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Side 5 years 1 week ago #164997

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351

personal demon wrote: B: J. Bell - C. Giblett - Z. Hill
HB: M. Taylor - M. Sinclair - J. Burke
C: C. Leggett - C. Jones - G. Narrier
HF: M. Rogers - S. Garstone - B. Colledge
F: C. Ninyette - B. Johnson - M. Bennell
FOLL: C. Eyres / C. Byrne/ C. Yeo
Res. K. Cary, G. Langdon, C. Bryan, M. Browne

Based upon evidence from last year mainly, and expectations around the new recruits. That’s where we sit before the first proper preseason match. Others to consider: Nicholas, Levien, M. Jones, Henderson, Sing, Davis, Hansen, Hamilton, Lague, Marlin, Thompson, Edmonds, Horan, Smith, Kickett. This group includes the colts boys who’ve come up, those returning from injury, and some unknowns and inconsistent types. It’s certainly not the worst team we’ve put on the park. Most of the 22 were at the club last year, which means there is consistency among the playing group. The recruits all slot in, but there was an injury report about Narrier and Langdon, I admit, I’d an unknown. This is what we’ve got so no good now talking about we need. I saw Subi’s list of recruits and I’d say we’ve done just as well as them. Hopefully someone can provide an update of the teams for this weekend.

Not a bad side should be pretty competitive but looking at your list of others to consider I don't see a lot of depth there and we seem to be a club that cops a lot of injuries.
Get on your bike.

Best Side 5 years 1 week ago #164998

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
Still reliant on Eyres in the ruck,makeshift ruckmen helping out.
The usual rob peter to pay paul situation,nothing from seasons past changes here.

Our goal kicking very much relies on Bennel and Ninyette doing most of the scoring with Rogers chiming in with a couple,still no tall targets that can kick multiple goals reguarly on match day.
For mine if our midfield doesnt hit the scoreboard each week then i can see it being left to the usual suspects.
However i do see our midfield holding there own most weeks certainly our strongest area on the ground.

Hope im wrong but i cant see a great deal changing with a ladder position anywhere between 6th and 8th for 2019.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

Best Side 5 years 1 week ago #164999

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
I think that Colledge will slot in on the half-back line. He has played his best footy there IMO.
30+, I agree that we have been unable to fill our most needy roles... a tall goal kicking target and a ruckman.
Like other clubs, we have found it difficult and impossible to find any marquee player. Even Subi couldn't find a ruckman.
I am hoping that DBW will step up another notch and be able to provide Eyresy with some solid support. He has been gradually improving over the past 3 years and time for him to grab the opportunity.
There is a 205cm on the list. Very young and green ...a long term prospect. Hopefully we can continue his development and have him ready to make his mark sooner rather than later or not at all.

Last edit: by smokey.

Best Side 5 years 1 week ago #165021

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
I assume you are talking about Chapman-Hill Smokey?

With our side this year I think if DBW can step up then this will have a very big say in the structure of the team this year. If he's able to play that second ruck roll and play it well it allows the likes of Johnson and Garstone to play more permanently forward and Giblett down back. All though when used in the ruck last year I thought Giblett played very well.

Best Side 5 years 1 week ago #165125

• personal demon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
I did forget Dennis. He should be added. Good sign he’s in the leadership group.
Here’s a run down of our forwards:
Bennell 26 in 11 games
Rogers 128 / 126
Ninyette 58 / 36
Johnson 25 / 19
Garstone 29 / 32
Colledge 42 / 76
Cary 42 / 35
Jones 24 / 23

We have recognized goal scorers in Rogers, Ninyette, Bennell and Cary. These guys consistently score. Bennell can get a bag now and then. Garstone, Johnston and Jones need to become regular 2-3 goal scorers per week. We do get goals from College, Dennis, Leggett, Jones, Byrne and Yeo. It’s not a bad spread. But we need Jones, Johnston and Garstone to step up. They’ve played 20-30 games. Now’s the time.

Our ruck situation. Its good to see Eyres in the leadership group. As people have said we have DBW and Chapman- Hill and Barnes who are young and raw. We also have Matt Thompson back on the list. Plus Locicero. We have Giblett and Johnston and Garstone pinch hit. Though I agree we need them up forward and back. There’s options though. Maybe Langdon too. He’s 192cm.

Last edit: by personal demon.
Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 362 guests and 2 members online

• Danger
  • Tiger Tales

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr