Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Best Side 5 years 2 months ago #163712

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Is that the Atkins who recruited Clint Jones to the club or a different one, while we are on the theme of recruiting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best Side 5 years 2 months ago #163727

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
Yeah that would be the one. He has failed to recruit in areas of needs that are obvious and the two Casey Scorpion recruits from last year, one quit in pre season and Giobi quit after one year. It is his job as much as the coach to make this club successful on the field and he has FAILED in my opinion. How long has he been in the job now? From memory came in at the start of McMahon's second last year.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Best Side 5 years 2 months ago #163730

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Mate not convinced GM is there to recruit but has still done so was my point.

Best Side 5 years 2 months ago #163733

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
The CEO’s job is to run the club and not to recruit players. That would be the job of the Football Manager and the Football Department.

Best Side 5 years 2 months ago #163741

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
You expect any CEO who is a games played record holder in the WAFL for his former club who then coached at amateur level and was football manager at another WAFL before joining Perth as CEO to use his past experience when it comes to recruiting as he was very involved in getting Clint Jones to the club along with a handful of ex Peel players and former Peel colts coach.

Our previous CEO also a former AFL and SANFL player had a hands on approach to recruiting.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Best Side 5 years 2 months ago #163753

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

DD wrote: You expect any CEO who is a games played record holder in the WAFL for his former club who then coached at amateur level and was football manager at another WAFL before joining Perth as CEO to use his past experience when it comes to recruiting as he was very involved in getting Clint Jones to the club along with a handful of ex Peel players and former Peel colts coach.

Our previous CEO also a former AFL and SANFL player had a hands on approach to recruiting.

DD while he may have some involement in player recruitment his job is as the CEO of the Perth Football Club. His primary role should be to run the club and let the football department and the football manager do what their meant to do which is run the football side of things.

Best Side 5 years 2 months ago #163763

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
I agree with you that Marty needs to move on .
I believe this may well be one of the first achievements of he new regime.
It became knowledge at the AGM of his management deficiencies in certain areas other than football.
Having said that any CEO or football department will be stifled by the Board if the Board is not committed to improving on-field performance at all cost.
Simply the recruiters are not given the resources to achieve success.
What needs to be done in any business is to identify what needs to be done and find the resources to do it.
This I believe has been alluded to by the new regime.
As I have said before time for change.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Best Side 5 years 2 months ago #163764

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
For those that haven't seen it, here's an update from Earl Spalding.

We have now been back in post-Christmas training for five weeks and have nearly got a full contingent on the track. The last to join us after having both ankles cleaned out is Lennon Marlin, who will commence running in the next week or two.
Sam Garstone, Cody Ninyette, Mitch Lague, Jared Bell, Zareth Roe & Clint Jones have all had interrupted off seasons, due to surgery or rest from significant injuries last year, but have been running for a while now and are slowly being integrated back into the main group. Touch wood, at this early stage, we should have close to our entire list to choose from for Round 1 on the 6th April.
I have been really impressed by the attitude our players have brought with them since we started back on the 19th of November and as a group they are as fit as I’ve seen them in my time here. Our new S&C team has been driving them pretty hard and they have embraced the challenge.
We have had a big focus on defence (in particular our defensive structures) and ball move in our main sessions so far. Our defence continues to be a work in progress, but as they gel and grow more confident with it the improvement will come quickly.
Our new recruits in Matt Rogers and Chris Bryan continue to impress on the track, in particular Matt, who brings a wealth of experience back with him from Swans and his leadership is already shining through.
Gordon Narrier has had a minor setback with a little knee niggle, but was really impressive pre-Christmas. Other returning players in Josh Burke and Jacob Payne have shown they will be solid contributors this season as they build towards peak fitness.
Of the graduating Colts, Austin Davis, Ethan Hansen and Damian Bennell are been leading the way and have shown they will be knocking on the door for Senior selection early in the season, with Nyika John, Connor Sing and Zac Casey not far behind them. The most important thing with these young men, who are the future of the football club, is that they all have a strong work ethic.
We still have three weeks before our first intra-club game on the 2nd of March, but the boys are jumping out of their skin to get into the games and it can’t come around quick enough.
On behalf of the Perth Football Club players, coaching staff and support staff – thank you for your support of the Club. We look forward to seeing at the matches this season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PD1899

Best Side 5 years 2 months ago #163904

• Dazzler
  • Thank you received: 391
I watched training last night. I thought the skills were improved on this time last year. I like the look of Austin Davis and Nyika John up from the colts. Michael Bennell blitzed in the match simulation. Lots of constant running and movement from the boys. It was good to watch. And how good is the ground looking? Perfect surface and the WCE Palace is taking shape fast. I heard we might be closer to getting our funding sorted for our facilities development. Good to see Willie Dick watching on as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Time For a Flag

Last edit: by Dazzler.

Best Side 5 years 1 month ago #164985

• personal demon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
B: J. Bell - C. Giblett - Z. Hill
HB: M. Taylor - M. Sinclair - J. Burke
C: C. Leggett - C. Jones - G. Narrier
HF: M. Rogers - S. Garstone - B. Colledge
F: C. Ninyette - B. Johnson - M. Bennell
FOLL: C. Eyres / C. Byrne/ C. Yeo
Res. K. Cary, G. Langdon, C. Bryan, M. Browne

Based upon evidence from last year mainly, and expectations around the new recruits. That’s where we sit before the first proper preseason match. Others to consider: Nicholas, Levien, M. Jones, Henderson, Sing, Davis, Hansen, Hamilton, Lague, Marlin, Thompson, Edmonds, Horan, Smith, Kickett. This group includes the colts boys who’ve come up, those returning from injury, and some unknowns and inconsistent types. It’s certainly not the worst team we’ve put on the park. Most of the 22 were at the club last year, which means there is consistency among the playing group. The recruits all slot in, but there was an injury report about Narrier and Langdon, I admit, I’d an unknown. This is what we’ve got so no good now talking about we need. I saw Subi’s list of recruits and I’d say we’ve done just as well as them. Hopefully someone can provide an update of the teams for this weekend.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 773 guests and one member online

• Tiger Tales

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977