Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Annual General Meeting 5 years 4 months ago #161655

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358

smokey wrote: PD, Bob Shield’s resume provided to members in connection with his nomination for president shows an extensive business background including several Directorships, business owner and involvements on several club committees, and experienced journalist and media person.
His background as a club legend, player, captain, PFC Hall of Fame, WAFL Hall of Fame, State Captain, triple premiership player is well known and respected.

And he's a hell of a nice bloke to talk to and no ego. I remember him back in the days when he was on a football panel with Dennis Commetti on the ABC. He was equally as media savvy as big Den. Great speaker and Perth supporters will come out of the woodwork to support this club once again with former club legends in charge.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 4 months ago #161663

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Spot on DD.
There are many many PFC supporters out there just waiting.
Build it and they will come.
This change is a no brainer I would have thought.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Annual General Meeting 5 years 4 months ago #161664

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
If my memory serves correctly, Shields had a pretty high profile in the real estate game a few years back.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 4 months ago #161677

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

jackspratt wrote: If my memory serves correctly, Shields had a pretty high profile in the real estate game a few years back.

Yep pretty certain he owned his own real estate firm straight after he gave footy away.

Would be a great President and has the backing of some pretty good ex Demon players.
Must be elected imo.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 4 months ago #161684

• personal demon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
So can someone clarify for me - did he go bankrupt once?

Annual General Meeting 5 years 4 months ago #161689

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
You know the answer to your original question if your not in favour of Bob Shields just come out and say it.
Wasn’t our CEO a policeman and his admin experience was during a failed time at Peel?

If you want to back in the current administration that’s your prerogative,it would appear that most on here support the change.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 4 months ago #161695

• smokey
  • smokey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
Obviously PD you are satisfied with where the club is at and do not see any reason to change the current regime.
That is fine. You are entitled to your opinion but if change does not occur now I can guarantee that the last 40 years of mediocrity will continue for another 40 years.
And, Bob Shields is the man to bring on change IMO. As the head of the Captains' Group he is backed by an impressive group of ex Captains and former players, as well as influential members and sponsors.
If you want to see change then Bob is your man. If you are satisfied with the status quo then I suggest that there are nine other WAFL clubs for you to choose from.

Last edit: by smokey.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 4 months ago #161700

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
Bob's first job will be to find a top notch CEO. Disgraceful this will be delayed until the end of February which just underlines the need for change.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Last edit: by DD.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 4 months ago #161706

• personal demon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
I just think it’s odd that on the one hand you’re celebrating his business achievements but not mentioning he once went bankrupt. And why would being a champion footballer guarantee you can run a club? Jeff Kennett couldn’t kick to save himself I’d imagine. So, being a captain of the club and being a champion footballer don’t guarantee a successful club.
I’m not arguing one way or the other, though what I won’t do is believe the hype. I don’t know what kind of job the CEO is doing. Will the new CEO have a football background - or doesn’t this matter in this case?
And all I pointed to in my first post was steady onfield improvement which is mainly down to football people at the club. But it’s important to be fiscally responsible. Look at West Perth. Made the grand final. But a basket case financially.

Last edit: by personal demon.

Annual General Meeting 5 years 4 months ago #161712

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Agree PD that a few on here are creaming themselves without looking into things too much. The current regime has asked for trouble with poor communication but at the same time yes things are looking up on field and we do make profits and build up reserve fund from year to year. The current Pres stepped up in tragic circumstances and has had a hell of a lot to deal with. I question the savvy of the challengers because they got the election delayed when I think they probably would have won and could have been getting on with business. Now we will have a situation where if they get in in Feb it is way too late to do anything different re footy and half way through the financial year. The vote should have gone ahead and the challengers should not have got in the way.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 691 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • TheFeds

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL