Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

cruiting 2019 5 years 3 months ago #161865

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Everyone loves to bag Eyresy but surely he is in the top five rucks in the league - Higgins, Blakely spring to mind and I am sure the haters will find more but I can't think of them.

Goals the problem no doubt - a big problem is that we don't have goal kicking mids. Burner, Leggs and Collo need to step up here.

What if they do and get 30 or 40 goals between them and Matt Rogers, Sam Garstone, Anton Scotney, Blake Johnson, Ninja, Michael Bennell and Kristian Carey have good years?? It could easily happen. There has to be 250 goals in that lot surely!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

cruiting 2019 5 years 3 months ago #161866

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Oh and when we are comparing last year to this don't forget Belly has had a similar lead in to what Leggs had last year and Latchy and Zed are back - huge ins.

cruiting 2019 5 years 3 months ago #161875

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248

PD1899 wrote: Tonight during Marty's speech he mentioned last years on field success numerous times. He is deluded - last year may have been an "improvement" but if that is where the mark is to call it "success" then we are in bigger trouble than I thought.
I still think Earl is doing a great job by bringing these youngsters through and retaining many of them. But the wolves will be at the door and after his blood if we don't make finals this year.
In saying that I think we have recruited and nurtured players well enough over the past 3 years to finally make the finals this year.

This management worries me.
To accept the improvement last year as success is unacceptable.
Winning is the only measure.

Yes Earl is doing a great job with what he has.
But as a Club we need to support him and give him the tools.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

cruiting 2019 5 years 3 months ago #161879

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
In some respects last season from an on field perspective, I believe were promising for the Demons after previous ones and something to build on in 2019. If someone in an official capacity at the club spoke at a function of the on field success in 2018? Then they are somewhat deluded as to what on field success actually is.

cruiting 2019 5 years 3 months ago #161882

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Correct
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

cruiting 2019 5 years 3 months ago #161883

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
As an outsider looking in I'd certainly use the term "on-field improvement" in relation to you guys in 2018 but wouldn't say it was a "success". IMO your improvement has been terrific as you were in the hunt for a top 5 spot right up to the end but success is playing finals and winning a few. Its just my opinion and I'll be guided by you PFC guys as I don't want to provide a view where its not wanted.

Last edit: by BC.

cruiting 2019 5 years 3 months ago #161884

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
Spot on BC

cruiting 2019 5 years 3 months ago #161886

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Our last success was 1977.
Time for change.
Including some staff.

cruiting 2019 5 years 3 months ago #162016

• PD1899
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 43

Stand the Test wrote: Everyone loves to bag Eyresy but surely he is in the top five rucks in the league - Higgins, Blakely spring to mind and I am sure the haters will find more but I can't think of them.

Not sure everyone loves to bag Eyresy at all. However, I would like to see him spend more time deep forward and have another dominant Ruckman to help him out.

cruiting 2019 5 years 3 months ago #162036

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Eyresy has been very good for us for the past two seasons. However it is unrealistic to expect him to keep carrying the ruck each and every game without giving him some assistance.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 336 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes