Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 4 months ago #83120

• South4eva
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 1

Leedy wrote:

South4eva wrote:

Sacko wrote:

Baseline wrote:

South4eva wrote: What a cock smoker...

Bit of self reflection this evening South4eva?

Base that kind of reply from South4eva is standard for him. He's not he brightest spark

What a sack o shit ...

I think you justified Sacko's response you clown :P

suck it up lil weed....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 4 months ago #83121

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

30plusyeardrought wrote:

smokey wrote:

Peter North wrote: Read in the paper player swap Leeson for Papertalk, reckon WP would be the winner in that one.

Give a 1 point player away for a 10 point player and a ressies depth player at that. Doesn't make any sense to me.

It certainly doesnt make any sense Smokey.
The more i think of this swap the crazier it looks.

Just when you think our recruiters are on track they go and make a head scratching move.
We have had way to many 10 point list cloggers over the years and this just looks like another one.

Yes I don't understand this decision either. It hasn't been finalised yet but Papertalk has been training with us. If I was the club I would be looking at getting a key position player or midfielder from the Falcons. Wouldn't cost 10 points to start with and would add depth to areas we need.

Why he is worth 10 points in the first place is stupid he did not play a single game of AFL so in my opinion should be classed as a non zone player.

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 4 months ago #83124

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
30+, he became a 10 point player when he transferred from East Fremantle to West Perth.

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 4 months ago #83125

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The points system I believe needs to be reworked a little. Granted Papertalk was on an AFL list albeit for one season but he didn't play any games.

For any club that takes him on they have to find 10 points. This is not only bad for clubs but also not great for Callum as his points value would be a sticking point.

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 4 months ago #83126

• Sacko
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15

Leedy wrote:

South4eva wrote:

Sacko wrote:

Baseline wrote:

South4eva wrote: What a cock smoker...

Bit of self reflection this evening South4eva?

Base that kind of reply from South4eva is standard for him. He's not he brightest spark

What a sack o shit ...

I think you justified Sacko's response you clown :P

Leedy he fair dinkum has the IQ of a gold fish. One thing he has done is provide us with cheap entertainment over the years

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 4 months ago #83127

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

Mr AFL wrote: The points system I believe needs to be reworked a little. Granted Papertalk was on an AFL list albeit for one season but he didn't play any games.

For any club that takes him on they have to find 10 points. This is not only bad for clubs but also not great for Callum as his points value would be a sticking point.

Sibosado all over again. The system and the WAFC failed him. Got classified as being worth 12 points because Fremantle decided to field a B grade side and blood some players.

Would have got a regular game at Perth where he played a couple of seasons on loan but forced back to Claremont being his original club and didn't fit in there.

The points system is too harsh on former AFL listed players. To put it in perspective, I think Leon Davis was worth 12 or 14 points if he had gone to Swans. But we are talking about a 200 plus gamer, premiership player and 2 time AA.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Last edit: by DD.

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 4 months ago #83128

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The points system is as follows.

Local Zone: 1 point
Non Zone 1-10 games: 2 points
Non Zone 11-25 games: 3 points
Non Zone 26-50 games: 5 points
Non Zone 51-100 games: 7 points
Non Zone 101+ games: 10 points
State Seniors (VFL, SANFL etc): 10 points
State Reserves: 5 points
AFL 0-50 games: 10 points
AFL 51-100 games: 11 points
AFL 101+ games: 12 points

Personally I think the points allocated for players that from other state based competitions and players that have played under 50 games of AFL is a bit excessive.

I would rather see something like this.

State Seniors 1-25 games: 3 points
State Seniors 26-50 games: 6 points
State Seniors 51-100 games: 8 points
State Seniors 101+ games: 10 points
State Reserves: 3 points
AFL 0-10 games: 5 points
AFL 11-20 games: 6 points
AFL 21-50 games: 7 points
AFL 51-75 games: 9 points
AFL 76-100 games: 10 points
AFL 101+ games 12 points

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 4 months ago #83129

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
That Sibosado decision still annoys me. I can understand that he did make his AFL Debut albeit in strange circumstances but to have him listed as 12 points was just staggering. Where is he playing now? Because of the system that was in place and the high points he accrued he now no longer plays WAFL. Papertalk could be in a similar boat. The current system is actually preventing some players from moving to new clubs and trying to play football at the highest level they can.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 4 months ago #83140

• Country member
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 44

Mr AFL wrote: That Sibosado decision still annoys me. I can understand that he did make his AFL Debut albeit in strange circumstances but to have him listed as 12 points was just staggering. Where is he playing now? Because of the system that was in place and the high points he accrued he now no longer plays WAFL. Papertalk could be in a similar boat. The current system is actually preventing some players from moving to new clubs and trying to play football at the highest level they can.

Wouldn't some form of draft help solve this issue? At some stage prior to the start of the season, clubs pick their, say, 30-odd most needed players. Those not picked can either stay or throw themselves into the draft so another club can pick them up. Points wouldn't apply to players in the draft. I'm no expert but this has always seemed to me to be a way of helping to even out the Comp and give fringe players a chance to play at the highest level they can.

Last edit: by Country member.

Well Done Aiden Tropiano 8 years 4 months ago #83163

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Idea has some merit Country member. Submitted list(Whatever number is agreed by the the clubs?) goes to the WAFC and can not to be changed and can only be topped up from within your club list.
The mid season draft could then be incorporated to asist clubs deal with the usual player exodus and injuries that affect most club lists.

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 504 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020