Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #47104

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
Mr AFL i think an urgent review of our players with 3 or more points value needs to be conducted.
We need to make room for players we desperately need and if that means flicking a couple of higher valued points players so be it.

For to long imo we have recruited the wrong type of player,good players but not the type we have needed.

Eyres and Lyendekers imo are a fair way off becoming a damging ruck duo,i think they need a mature aged ruckman to help further there development and add much needed experienced depth to our ruck stocks.
We cop 1 injury in the ruck and we are knackered as has been the case for a number of years.

We cant afford as we so often do go into a season half doing the job recruiting wise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #47111

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
The club needs to be advertising the coaches position Now, not wait until the end of the season. It'sagreat opportunity knowing the position is available this time of yeyear. We havene ver been in a better position to find a top notch coach. If the likes of Darren Harris are not interested then approachhim now and find out so we can move on to find the next best candidate. No need to rush into an appointment if we can't get the top candidate.

Let's get this right and leave no stone unturned. No rookies thanks.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #47113

• demons2013
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Listening to Marty Atkins looks like they want to have someone appointed in the next 2 months before the season is out.

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #47117

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

demons2013 wrote: Listening to Marty Atkins looks like they want to have someone appointed in the next 2 months before the season is out.

You would hope so.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #47124

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

demons2013 wrote: Listening to Marty Atkins looks like they want to have someone appointed in the next 2 months before the season is out.

No reason why they cant because if you look at the most likely candidates none of them are in a full time coaching job at present!

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #47125

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

30plusyeardrought wrote: Mr AFL i think an urgent review of our players with 3 or more points value needs to be conducted.
We need to make room for players we desperately need and if that means flicking a couple of higher valued points players so be it.

For to long imo we have recruited the wrong type of player,good players but not the type we have needed.

Eyres and Lyendekers imo are a fair way off becoming a damging ruck duo,i think they need a mature aged ruckman to help further there development and add much needed experienced depth to our ruck stocks.
We cop 1 injury in the ruck and we are knackered as has been the case for a number of years.

We cant afford as we so often do go into a season half doing the job recruiting wise.

So by what you are saying you would place a ruckmen at the head of your recruiting list ahead of a key forward or a couple of classy mids?

I agree we can't go into it half arsed but it all comes down to points, money and if the player wants to come across.

I also agree that anyone over 1 point needs to be looked at. My list atm would include Mark Deaves (2), Matt White (5) and possibly even Matthew Moody (5).

And if my memory is correct Nick Kane's points went from 10 to 5 this year after is third year at the club. So I think that may mean that Paul Bevan could go from 12 to 6. (I'm not sure on that but if so it frees up extra points)

So already there's 18 points.

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #47128

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Mr AFL wrote:

30plusyeardrought wrote: Mr AFL i think an urgent review of our players with 3 or more points value needs to be conducted.

So by what you are saying you would place a ruckmen at the head of your recruiting list ahead of a key forward or a couple of classy mids?

I agree we can't go into it half arsed but it all comes down to points, money and if the player wants to come across.

I also agree that anyone over 1 point needs to be looked at. My list atm would include Mark Deaves (2), Matt White (5) and possibly even Matthew Moody (5).

And if my memory is correct Nick Kane's points went from 10 to 5 this year after is third year at the club. So I think that may mean that Paul Bevan could go from 12 to 6. (I'm not sure on that but if so it frees up extra points)

No im not saying that.
A tall KP forward and 1 or 2 mids should be top priorities.

What im saying is review the list of players that have 2 or 3 points or greater and move on what we dont need to make room for what we do need and that includes a ruckman.
You named 2,Deaves and White theres 7 add Hunt at 10 theres another 10 points etc.........
Nick Kane would certainly have to be looked at,no room for sentiment.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #47133

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

30plusyeardrought wrote:

Mr AFL wrote:

No im not saying that.
What im saying is review the list of players that have 2 or 3 points or greater and move on what we dont need to make room for what we do.
You named 2,Deaves and White theres 7 add Hunt at 10 theres 17 etc.........
Nick Kane would certainly have to be looked at,no room for sentiment.

Fair enough. Completely forgot about Tim Hunt as well. While I do think he could be a player when his body is right there's is no room for sentiment like you said. I think Nick Kane adds value to the team as a medium tall that can play on opponents taller than him if needed. However if there is someone in the team that can perform the role and has a points value lower that 5 then you do have to consider the option.

Including the list above and adding Tim Hunt and potentially Nick Kane there's 33 points already cleared. That there is plenty of room to go out and look at and get some of our recruiting needs sorted.

If we are able to entice Matt Tedesco back (3 points), Ali Smith (1 point) and Julian Jacobs (2 points) the squad is definitely stronger by having those three in it. There's three players in the best 22 that only cost 6 points.

And I see that Jeremy McGovern has signed on for another 2 years at the Eagles. Here's the link www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/n...-contract-extension/

With the form he is showing and the Eagles other talls in Lycett and even Sinclair then I reckon that potentially one of our Demon Talls at the Eagles might be gone at the end of the year. McInnes has had three years at the Eagles for no games while Tunbridge spent 2012 at GWS and the last two years at the Eagles for 3 games. They're the two that I would say is most in the firing line come seasons end and may potentially be delisted.

What's your thought's on Callum Sinclair 30 plus? I know he tore us a new one when we last played East Perth. As a mature age I think he can only spend two years on the rookie list. So it's either get promoted to the senior list or find a new home at another AFL club. I reckon he'll be stiff if he doesn't get onto a senior list and while he would be expensive points wise he would definitely be that big bodied ruckman and has shown that he is capable around the goals as well.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #47137

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Digressing for a moment.
Isn't interesting, perception that is.
We saw Brant College as a forward and yet the Eagles see him as a midfielder.
I wonder where WCE told us to play him last year.

My wish list.
Marty Atkins allowed off the leash to run the football club and more importantly given autonomy on the football side.
The best possible coach is chosen quickly probably Mark Harvey is my thought after reflection on probable availability.
The coach given a free rein.
The coach brings his own very good support coaches.
The coach is given a free rein to recruit what he needs to get the job done.
The coach & CEO tell the Board to butt out of football affairs other than pay the bills.

If done correctly, the bills will pay themselves.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #47138

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Sorry, my wish list continues.
Ali Smith
Matt Tedesco
Lured back to the Club.

Ali Smith in particular, maybe one of those class midfielders we are talking about.
Lure Tedesco back maybe Kane easier to let go.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 337 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020