Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #46544

• Swanky
  • Thank you received: 0
We have got to make sure that we do not get Scott Waters. He inherited a premiership side at Subi yet still made a lot of enemies but not nearly as much as he did at St Kilda. Speaking to a non AFL player who was part of their VFL affiliate, he upsets way too many people on and off the field. He is extremely arrogant and autocratic. You would be hard pressed to find anyone with positive comments about him from St Kilda. Story goes that Malthouse only talked him up as he wanted to make sure he had no competition.

Marc Webb is too entrenched as Freo development and getting paid too much so wouldn't consider plus he has a long standing gripe which is why he left Perth all those years ago to move to Subi.

I would love to go for German or even Ayres. Both are what Perth need, tough outspoken who have lead by example. We really cant afford to take on an inexperienced coach. Hasnt worked for far too long. So German for min and see if Glassy wants to run around for a year also. He could learn under German then coach down the track with Paul Bevan as his assistant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #46546

• Swanky
This is a great question about Marty Atkins as we seem to have gone backwards since Brian Leys left. Anyone know how his performance has been rated from within the club? Externally, we can see the poor on field performance, lack of fitness and perhaps discipline but how are we going in Atkins's area of influence- contracts, membership, attendance etc?

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #46547

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Chopper wrote:

30plusyeardrought wrote: Yep the obvious one is Harris and if he's available should get the job.

Then a No for mine to German,Watters,Micale,Army,Curley and McPhee.

That was me Sacko that mentioned Ayres.
Ayres nothing has been spoken about him but he's a 5 time premiership player,coached Geelong to finals and a GF,coaches Port Melbourne in the VFL and has taken them to a premiership as well as coached the VFL state team,worth a look i would think.

Mark Harvey certainly has had finals experience as a player and coached at the higher level,maybe the Perth supportes that follow the Dockers can give a better insight into whether he's worth a shot.

Good move to say no to German if you want to be as you've been for years as he's way to tough,honest and smart for you guy's. If you ever listned or saw him in action you'd change your tune in a hurry. Best coach at Subi since Bunton.

Shit if you could get anyone of the likes of Micale,Waters or German you'd be on a winner as all three don't stuff around and that's what you guy's need in my opinion a smart coach who's a straight shooter ??? Don't worry about Micales age - he's spot on.

A Subi supporter would say that about there premiership coaches
Those guys had the team there already,the open cheque book etc...
I didnt see German take a struggling club like Peel to finals.
Watters well what went wrong at St Kilda??
Humpty Dumpty could have coached Subi to those flags in all honesty,right place right time.

And yep its only my opinion that Micale is a tad too old,a decade ago no worries but not now.

Harris i think would be a great choice and if he doesnt want it then there are others out there.

The PFC make the appointment not me,its only my opinion.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #46552

• Sacko
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13

This from Elari on Facebook. Reading the comments was interesting. Not much love for McMahon from ex players including Ali Smith and Spanndernan. He may be justified but classless none the less
Attachments:

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #46555

• Dazzler
  • Thank you received: 384
Geez have a look at the number of ex-PFC players commenting on Elari's post. Damo didn't make too many friends at Lathlain did he!

I don't care what anyone says, right from the get go when he butchered two gold standard colts squads the guy was a disaster. Hopefully a few of those who were tarnished with the "culture" purge tag might come back and maybe a few who were looking like they were heading out the door now might stay.

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #46559

• Jebus
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Can't say I blame him feeling like that. Would still be a a Perth player if not for McDud

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #46562

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
What about Rob Wiley guys?
I know he had a previous stint in charge at Lathlain back in the late 80's maybe even captain/coached in 88 from memory but he has had a lot of experience as an assistant coach in the AFL for 20 years since then and also did a bit of work with the State 18's a few years back (when WA were successful) and he was highly thought of in that role.
As a former Perth champion he would have the club at heart as well.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #46563

• Before the Bounce
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dazzler wrote: Geez have a look at the number of ex-PFC players commenting on Elari's post. Damo didn't make too many friends at Lathlain did he!

I don't care what anyone says, right from the get go when he butchered two gold standard colts squads the guy was a disaster. Hopefully a few of those who were tarnished with the "culture" purge tag might come back and maybe a few who were looking like they were heading out the door now might stay.

My thoughts exactly Dazzler, that bloke butchered a lot of quality good kids in his time in control of the colts. He also stabbed other coaches in the back while he was at it. Wish all the best in the future , Fuk no way Sleaze bag.

Last edit: by Before the Bounce.

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #46564

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
Wow just read those comments on FB Dazzler amazing!!
How did he last so long and also doesnt the club keep in constant chat with the players to see how things are??
If its just 1 or 2 feeling unhappy fair enough but when its so bloody many FMD!!

And the reason given that comes out of the club for all these guys leaving couldnt be further from the truth.

Hopefully the cancer in the club is all gotten rid of!!
Top to bottom start fresh!!!!

BH Wiley is good mates with Malthouse and at Carlton would be on bloody good coin i doubt he would be interested at this stage of his life.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

New Coach 2015 and Beyond 9 years 9 months ago #46566

• Before the Bounce
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Jebus wrote: Can't say I blame him feeling like that. Would still be a a Perth player if not for McDud

By the look of it so would a lot of others Jebus!!!!!!

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 325 guests and 2 members online

• Southerner
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL