Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

New qualifying rules for finals 6 years 2 months ago #142423

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

South4theflag wrote:

Rookie draft wrote: As a Peel supporter it’s refreshing to see tighter qualifying rules for the finals being applied this season. My understanding is there will be a cap of a maximum of 12 AFL listed players.

Personally I don’t think this goes far enough. I think the cap should be 10 meaning there’s more Peel or EP listed players than AFL listed. Getting more hungry for success Peel players in will only serve the club better.

In reflecting on what might have transpired had these qualifying rules been in from the first year of the alignment I think a couple of results may have gone the other way. Perhaps 2016 would have been a little closer or the result gone the other way. Pretty sure 2014 result would be reversed. I’m sure East Perth would have loved to have played a few more of their own rather than some of the Eagle duds they played that weren’t at WAFL league standard.

Swings and roundabouts. Bring on 2018.

When you say "Peel" you mean Peelmantle right? The Peel football club is longer in existence FYI.

No I believe he did say Peel supporter , nice try though Gremar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New qualifying rules for finals 6 years 2 months ago #142829

• South4theflag
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 24

Peter North wrote:

South4theflag wrote:

Rookie draft wrote: As a Peel supporter it’s refreshing to see tighter qualifying rules for the finals being applied this season. My understanding is there will be a cap of a maximum of 12 AFL listed players.

Personally I don’t think this goes far enough. I think the cap should be 10 meaning there’s more Peel or EP listed players than AFL listed. Getting more hungry for success Peel players in will only serve the club better.

In reflecting on what might have transpired had these qualifying rules been in from the first year of the alignment I think a couple of results may have gone the other way. Perhaps 2016 would have been a little closer or the result gone the other way. Pretty sure 2014 result would be reversed. I’m sure East Perth would have loved to have played a few more of their own rather than some of the Eagle duds they played that weren’t at WAFL league standard.

Swings and roundabouts. Bring on 2018.

When you say "Peel" you mean Peelmantle right? The Peel football club is longer in existence FYI.

No I believe he did say Peel supporter , nice try though Gremar.

Hi Peter I just saw ur post. I am new hear so don't know who gremar is or was. I am just a retired old chap that helps out at South from time to time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mighty Bulldogs

New qualifying rules for finals 6 years 2 months ago #142849

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
Good on ya S4F, dont worry about Pete he's possibly the most bitter and twisted poster on this site, he's completely given up on the WAFL and the club he used to support, which I'm sure you, like me will never do.

New qualifying rules for finals 6 years 2 months ago #142885

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Senior Seagull wrote: Good on ya S4F, dont worry about Pete he's possibly the most bitter and twisted poster on this site, he's completely given up on the WAFL and the club he used to support, which I'm sure you, like me will never do.

Lol you old fool you seriously think I support Peel, actually only when they play off in a game against Subi, Subi have done way more damage to the WAFL than Peel ever will

New qualifying rules for finals 6 years 1 month ago #142910

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

Peter North wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote: Good on ya S4F, dont worry about Pete he's possibly the most bitter and twisted poster on this site, he's completely given up on the WAFL and the club he used to support, which I'm sure you, like me will never do.

Lol you old fool you seriously think I support Peel, actually only when they play off in a game against Subi, Subi have done way more damage to the WAFL than Peel ever will

So I take it from your photo on your profile you are an Essendon (with a tinge of Johnny Worsfold/weagles) supporter then?

New qualifying rules for finals 6 years 1 month ago #142911

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote:

Peter North wrote:

So I take it from your photo on your profile you are an Essendon (with a tinge of Johnny Worsfold/weagles) supporter then?

Nah just thought it was hilarious Mitchell trolling the Bummers.

New qualifying rules for finals 6 years 3 weeks ago #144672

• South4theflag
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 24
thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/peel-coach-voi...ule-bc-5759536643001

Speak absolute volumes...

sucked in springs to mind

New qualifying rules for finals 6 years 3 weeks ago #144675

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
What a moron. Subi loses one game all year and finishes seven in front of the Dockers, they wheel in 15 AFL listed full time professionals after averaging only 9 during the second half of the season and win the flag with a leg in the air. What the hell does he expect?

New qualifying rules for finals 6 years 3 weeks ago #144687

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924

South4theflag wrote: .

Hi Peter I just saw ur post. I am new hear so don't know who gremar is or was. I am just a retired old chap that helps out at South from time to time.[/quote]

Southie if you are new here.....why did you post welcome back Cardy mate?....he hasn't posted here for literally a year, so surprised you would say that......LOL

New qualifying rules for finals 6 years 3 weeks ago #144693

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote:

South4theflag wrote: .

Hi Peter I just saw ur post. I am new hear so don't know who gremar is or was. I am just a retired old chap that helps out at South from time to time.

Southie if you are new here.....why did you post welcome back Cardy mate?....he hasn't posted here for literally a year, so surprised you would say that......LOL[/quote]

Lol good find it is Gremar.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 803 guests and 2 members online

• Swedgen
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977